Windows 10: OS Batch in Notepad

Discus and support OS Batch in Notepad in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Recently, I have been working on creating an OS in notepad (batch file). I want to add a startup sound to go with it. How can I do this without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Stephen_766, May 26, 2019.

1. OS Batch in Notepad

Hi,

Recently, I have been working on creating an OS in notepad (batch file). I want to add a startup sound to go with it.

How can I do this without actually opening the media player (i.e. just the sound) to play it on the OS?

:)

Stephen_766, May 26, 2019

2. Notepad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Task Manager. Here’s a tip: press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
    • Click on Startup tab.
    • Select Notepad from the list and click on Disable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us
    for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 26, 2019
  3. JCabebe Win User
    Notepad

I followed your suggestion but wasn't able to find Notepad listed on the startup. There are some listed as program but don't know which ones it could be.

JCabebe, May 26, 2019
  4. oily_17 Win User

OS Batch in Notepad

Batch Files Knowledge Base

Don't use batch files very much but one I find useful is for creating a list of files in a directory.
    Just copy the text below into Notepad and save as Filelist.bat

dir /a /-p /o:gen >filelist.txt

When you run it from a folder it will create a Filelist.txt file,in the same folder, that lists all the files in that folder.Useful when you are too lazy to type all the files out yourself.

oily_17, May 26, 2019
Thema:

OS Batch in Notepad

1. OS Batch in Notepad - Similar Threads - Batch Notepad

2. Having the output from a command within a batch file in a different color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having the output from a command within a batch file in a different color: Hello. I am preparing to run the following script on one of our servers: REM Launch the batch files listed below to start the Exceed X environment, REM and log into the mcrs3 server using the putty application. REM List the hostname of the server that is being connected to by...
  3. Having the output from a command within a batch file in a different color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having the output from a command within a batch file in a different color: Hello. I am preparing to run the following script on one of our servers: REM Launch the batch files listed below to start the Exceed X environment, REM and log into the mcrs3 server using the putty application. REM List the hostname of the server that is being connected to by...
  4. In native windows 11 installation do not allow to run batch file from shared network folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In native windows 11 installation do not allow to run batch file from shared network folder.: This program is blocked by group policy. For more information, contact your system administrator. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-native-windows-11-installation-do-not-allow-to/e84ed4ca-c726-4a7e-a7c8-b9f878e382b6
  5. In native windows 11 installation do not allow to run batch file from shared network folder.

In native windows 11 installation do not allow to run batch file from shared network folder.: This program is blocked by group policy. For more information, contact your system administrator. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-native-windows-11-installation-do-not-allow-to/e84ed4ca-c726-4a7e-a7c8-b9f878e382b6
  6. Critical Event after batch file runs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical Event after batch file runs: pre-event :to automatize with rapid succession a run in cmd for "ipconfig /flushdns", with idea - to make a connectivity more rapid in response after PC turned on,searched via google to create a batch file & got something like this middle sentences took for fun :@echo off CD...
  7. when i want to download a batch of files, it opens in notepad! it is not the case when it...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    when i want to download a batch of files, it opens in notepad! it is not the case when it...: when i want to download a batch of files, it opens in notepad! it is not the case when it is a sigle file but when they are 2 or more, it opens in notepad!...
  8. when i want to download a batch of files, it opens in notepad! it is not the case when it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i want to download a batch of files, it opens in notepad! it is not the case when it...: when i want to download a batch of files, it opens in notepad! it is not the case when it is a sigle file but when they are 2 or more, it opens in notepad!...
  9. when i want to download a batch of files, it opens in notepad! it is not the case when it...

10. Notepad/ windows batch keeps crashing

Notepad/ windows batch keeps crashing: I am trying to code with notepad, but it keeps crashing. Here is my code: @echo off echo Made and coded by MXRTIN on youtube. echo Type your name you want for the game set /p name= echo Hello %name%, are you ready to go on an adventure? :menu echo echo 1) Start adventure...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. notepad os batch

2. os in notepad

3. os script in notepad

4. how to make a os in notpad