Windows 10: OS choices during reboot

Discus and support OS choices during reboot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since upgrading to Win 10 anytime that I reboot my machine I get a screen where I have so many seconds to accept either Windows 7 or Windows 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Pinefang, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Pinefang Win User

OS choices during reboot

Since upgrading to Win 10 anytime that I reboot my machine I get a screen where I have so many seconds to accept either Windows 7 or Windows 7 recovered. I let the timer run down or I hit enter which would load the Windows 7 OS. However Windows ten loads. Why am I getting this screen?

:)

Pinefang, Aug 25, 2015
  2. petrib Win User

OS choices

No, you cannot load/install/replace Symbian with Windows Mobile on the 9300i, I'm afraid.

What kind of synch problems do you have with PC Suite, exactly? This is your first posts here, it seems, so you must have tried to resolve them elsewhere?

I'd try, at least, PC Suite 6.81.13 or whatever is the latest on
    http://www.nokia.com/pcsuite
    (6.18.xx seems like an older version than that).

petrib, Aug 25, 2015
  3. badrulv Win User
    OS choices

I have recently purchased Nokia 9300i .. which came with Symbian OS

Can I load Microsoft Mobile 2003 or similar

Reason: Outlook 2003 doesnot sync up with between PC and Nokia with Notes data using PC-Suite 6.18.xx

Thanks

badrul

badrulv, Aug 25, 2015
  4. OS choices during reboot

OS choices during reboot [​IMG]

AS ALWAYS make a backup of personal files and documents
    what I suggest worked for me in the past and it is a known fix...
    but anytime you mess with the boot settings it could prevent from booting... so be prepared and forwarned

open msconfig by right clicking start then run then type msconfig press enter click on the boot tab... if not running a dual boot configuration
    select the windows 10 entry and make it default and current os.... if you don't intend on going back to windows 7 you should be able to remove the other entries...then place a check in "Make all boot settings permanent" and reboot...

some reason the windows 10 upgrade didn't update the windows boot settings completely otherwise you wouldn't even see that boot screen you mentioned.....

icpwolverine, Aug 25, 2015
  5. Pinefang Win User
    Msconfig would only give me the choice same as when I booted, Windows 7 and Windows 7 recovered. I was also trying to reload Windows 10 and got the error that my HDD was locked. I read that I had to do a BSDBOOT I think it was and now everything is working as it should. Except my screen saver still won't come on.

Pinefang, Aug 26, 2015
  6. At least you're up and running. As far as the boot what I mentioned is all I know. Tho I did see a post similar to yours that said there is a command line script you can do to fix your issue. I can't remember where I seen it. Sorry I couldn't help

icpwolverine, Aug 26, 2015
  7. Ztruker Win User
    Use EasyBCD to remove the one you don't want then rename the other to Windows 10.

Scroll down near the bottom and download the free version. You need to enter your name and E-mail address to do this.

Backup the BCD before changing it.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

OS choices during reboot

1. OS choices during reboot - Similar Threads - choices during reboot

2. Choice during BitLocker recovery process?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Choice during BitLocker recovery process?: I am setting up BitLocker on a single Windows 11 Pro computer. I don’t want to use a Microsoft account on the machine. I would like to know beforehand whether and how BitLocker will allow me to choose between the recovery options.BitLocker recovery overview...
  3. Choice during BitLocker recovery process?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Choice during BitLocker recovery process?: I am setting up BitLocker on a single Windows 11 Pro computer. I don’t want to use a Microsoft account on the machine. I would like to know beforehand whether and how BitLocker will allow me to choose between the recovery options.BitLocker recovery overview...
  4. Wrong Keyboard choice during setup.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong Keyboard choice during setup.: During the laptop setup using setup wizard I was asked to choose a keyboard. Without realizing it I chose the 78 key style keyboard and now of course the numeric key pad on the right doesn't work. How do I go back and change to the keyboard that includes the numeric key pad?...
  5. Desktop freezes during reboots

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop freezes during reboots: During reboot, My desktop Windows 10 freezes when it sees my 2nd external USB Backup HD. My setup is 2 external USB hard drives, one for all data the other is my 'backup' drive. I utilizing Windows backup....
  6. Windows reboots during sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows reboots during sleep: Hi there, I have been having issues for quite some time where Windows will crash and reboot when I leave the PC to sleep, and then come back ~6-8 hours later. Steps to Reproduce 1. Use the PC as usual 2. Lock the computer (eg with WIN + L) 3. Return ~8 hours later and...
  7. Help about manual OS choice

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help about manual OS choice: Hello guys. For use noxplayer android emulator, i used that codes in cmd: C:\>bcdedit /copy {current} /d "No Hyper-V" The entry was successfully copied to {ff-23-113-824e-5c5144ea}. C:\>bcdedit /set {ff-23-113-824e-5c5144ea} hypervisorlaunchtype off The operation...
  8. Help about manual OS choice

in Windows 10 Support
    Help about manual OS choice: Hello guys. For use android emulator, used that codes in cmd: C:\>bcdedit /copy {current} /d "No Hyper-V" The entry was successfully copied to {ff-23-113-824e-5c5144ea}. C:\>bcdedit /set {ff-23-113-824e-5c5144ea} hypervisorlaunchtype off The operation completed...
  9. BSOD with 3 Win 10 OS choices

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD with 3 Win 10 OS choices: This started a while back with a BSOD saying 0x000000e. Which I goggled and found a remedy. The a few days after I get this with a choice of 3 Window 10 OS's to choose from. I have always picked the middle one and after a 4 to 6 restarts it goes away and does not appear again...
  10. Is rebooting during chkdsk safe?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is rebooting during chkdsk safe?: Around 9PM EDT, I started running chkdsk /r on Windows 10. It's been over 2.5 hours and it's stuck at 11%. I am going to sleep around 1:30 to 2AM. Is it safe to reboot if chkdsk is still running? 92673