Windows 10: os disk drive blocked

Discus and support os disk drive blocked in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; troubleshooter not responding ,showing not enabled c drive permissions locked ,showing windows cant access cant login as administrator trough cmd .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by nagabushan, Aug 12, 2019.

1. os disk drive blocked

troubleshooter not responding ,showing not enabled

c drive permissions locked ,showing windows cant access

cant login as administrator trough cmd .

please suggest any solution possible solution

:)

nagabushan, Aug 12, 2019
  2. little cat, Aug 12, 2019
  3. How to Partiton a Hard Drive in Vista

This is a way to get Vista to see another hard drive that is not associated with the OS. There is some times when your new hdd doesn't seem to want to work well with Vista. But, there is a solution in it.

Open the Computer Management By doing these steps.
    • Click on the Start Button
    • Click on Control Panel
    • Click Administrative Tools
    • Double click on Computer Management
    You are now in the Navigation panel of the Computer Management.
    When in Computer Management, you then have to allow the new drive to be recognized.
    • Double click on Storage
    • Double click on Disk Management
    Now in the middle of your screen there is the layout of the Disk Drives that you have. The drives that are partitioned will show by the drive lettering. The others will just show up as having nothing at all in them. Below that there will be the Disk drives that are installed into the computer. You'll see that the primary one will all ways read as "Disk 0". Then you will have Disk 1 and so on. Under the Disks there will also see your CD-Rom drives.. If there is more then one, it will be labeled the same as Disk drives..

On to the Partitioning of the drive in question.
    • Right Click on the drive
    • Click to format the drive or Enable Volume. There will be a series of windows that open up. This is Vista's formatting. Just go threw the windows, and make sure everything is the way you want it to happen.
    • Once the formatting is done, will take some time depending on the drive size.
    • Right click on the drive
    • Click on Mark the Partition as Active
    After you have done those steps, The drive will be up and running threw Vista.

:Side Notes:
    If you are not the Administer to the Os, then you will have to enable it..
    You may also want to redo the drive lettering of it all. But, I really don't see a reason to do so. If you do, you have to redo drive paths and so forth.. A lot of work on something so small...

Cold Storm, Aug 12, 2019
  4. C_C
    c_C Win User

os disk drive blocked

DVD Drive issues.

The games used to run, now apparently the disks don't even read.

Go to Device Manager and remove the DVD
    Scan for hardware changes and update driver as OS suggests

Still not working?

1) Clean the heads.
    2) Run a diagnostic program on the drive.

Nothing else has changed about your system aside from the OS?

Revert to XP Home, assuming you don't find the source of the problem in steps above.

Thema:

os disk drive blocked

1. os disk drive blocked - Similar Threads - disk drive blocked

2. Disk Drive was gone after SupportAssist OS Recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Drive was gone after SupportAssist OS Recovery: Hello,My name is Anees Arshad. I made 3 partitions on my Dell Laptop hard drive: Local DiskC:, Local Disk D: and Multimedia E:. The laptop was lagging a lot I suspected a malware problem I ended up using SupportAssist OS Recovery Assistant to reset. The laptop was back to its...
  3. Remove OS from OLD Hard Disk Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remove OS from OLD Hard Disk Drive: Hello, I installed an SSD on my Laptop. I did a fresh install of Windows 10 on the SSD and formatted the old HDD, but somehow when I boot up my laptop it still goes to the Windows Boot Manager asking which operating system to use. I probably made a mistake because the HDD...
  4. OS BLOCKED executables

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OS BLOCKED executables: Hi! What is the RunTime Broker and what does it do? Are they safe to auto-run by the OS? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/os-blocked-executables/266c0956-fc5a-42fb-9fb6-c4f7a200e22d
  5. Disk cleanup doesn't compress OS drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk cleanup doesn't compress OS drive: I have an ASUS tablet with a 64 GB SSD drive. It is running out of space. When I do disk cleanup, it offers to compress my OS drive, potentially saving 13 GB. I have run the utility a number of times, and it doesn't do anything. It often doesn't even delete files from the...
  6. OS Disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OS Disk: How can I get an original OS CD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/os-disk/98fdcf64-6833-4444-b2e0-25815aecc568
  7. COMPRESSING OS DRIVE NOT WORKING ON DISK CLEANUP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    COMPRESSING OS DRIVE NOT WORKING ON DISK CLEANUP: I need more space to update windows, the disk clean up offers me more than enough space if I compress my OS drive but it will not compress the drive and I am continually unable to update windows 10. No matter what I do there is not enough space on my basic hard drive, only...
  8. Disk Cleanup (compress OS drive) problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Cleanup (compress OS drive) problem: Hi guys and gurus. Been giving my self yet another headache :/ Ran disk cleanup this evening, something I don't do as often as I should and discovered the 'compress OS drive' issue. Only as per usual only after it was too late. Selected to delete this thinking it was some...
  9. Disk Cleanup (compress OS drive) problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk Cleanup (compress OS drive) problem: Hi guys and gurus. Been giving my self yet another headache :/ Ran disk cleanup this evening, something I don't do as often as I should and discovered the 'compress OS drive' issue. Only as per usual only after it was too late. Selected to delete this thinking it was some...
  10. compress os drive -disk cleanup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    compress os drive -disk cleanup: hello i have an option to compress my os(c)(solid state) drive which saves me 21Gb how does this work could any issues arise from doing it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/compress-os-drive-disk-cleanup/bf92056b-bbb1-45b7-907a-ccd3f949213a