Windows 10: OS Drive Compression

Discus and support OS Drive Compression in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Greetings, everyone. I am using an Aspire ES1-132, with a storage of 28.0 Gigabytes, and I am running short on storage space, and I could not relieve... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by milesroudette, Feb 12, 2019.

1. OS Drive Compression

Greetings, everyone.

I am using an Aspire ES1-132, with a storage of 28.0 Gigabytes, and I am running short on storage space, and I could not relieve space from the laptop.

I was told that I could compress my OS drive.

I need to know if compressing my OS drive is a good idea.

-Thank You in advance

:)

milesroudette, Feb 12, 2019
  2. WOOKZ Win User

COMPRESSING Drives

does compression of the OS drive hamper proformance

WOOKZ, Feb 12, 2019
  3. Files in C: drive automatically compressing?

As you may already know, if this feature is on, every new folder/file you add starts off automatically compressed. If you would like to turn it off for the whole drive, kindly follow these steps:

• Start File Explorer . In the left pane, right-click on the drive that you would not want to be compressed.
    • Click Properties.
    • Make sure that the Compress this drive to save disk space box is unchecked.
    • Click OK then Apply.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Darian Tab, Feb 12, 2019
  4. OS Drive Compression

little cat, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

OS Drive Compression

1. OS Drive Compression - Similar Threads - Drive Compression

2. Can't enter BIOS after drive compression

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't enter BIOS after drive compression: So I decided to compress everything on my main drive which was a horrible idea. [ATTACH] Now I can't enter my BIOS anymore. I tried: Pressing keys on startup Running shutdown /s /fw in cmd but I get this error Boot to firmware UI is not supported by this system's...
  3. COMPRESSING OS DRIVE NOT WORKING ON DISK CLEANUP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    COMPRESSING OS DRIVE NOT WORKING ON DISK CLEANUP: I need more space to update windows, the disk clean up offers me more than enough space if I compress my OS drive but it will not compress the drive and I am continually unable to update windows 10. No matter what I do there is not enough space on my basic hard drive, only...
  4. How to remove"Compress your OS drive"and "Temporary Internet Fils"under Disk Clean Up?

How to remove"Compress your OS drive"and "Temporary Internet Fils"under Disk Clean Up?: After updated on Feb9,2019,Disk Clean Up does not remove "Compress your OS drive". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-removecompress-your-os-driveand-temporary/f7466e1c-ad75-4f66-ba92-ea0ccc6b5c66"
  5. Remove "Compress OS Drive" and "Downloaded files" from Disk Cleanup

Remove "Compress OS Drive" and "Downloaded files" from Disk Cleanup: Is this the right place for suggestions? Recently, Microsoft added two really not-well-thought-out features to Disk Cleanup which is Compress OS Drive and Downloaded files. I shouldn't have to explain why these are both bad ideas. Compress OS drive saves little space and...
  6. Cannot clean out (delete) compressed OS-Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot clean out (delete) compressed OS-Drive: I have a problem with recent clean installations of Windows 10 on several Dell Notebooks; After the normal service pack updates, an item named "Compressed OS-Drive" wasting more than 5Gb on the drive, is impossible to clean out using any explorer Disc Clean function. It can...
  7. Files in C: drive automatically compressing?

Files in C: drive automatically compressing?: Have seen this on two machines now. Wake machine to find all files on C drive compressed. Dual blue arrows on every file and folder. Go to settings on the drive and find Compress File is checked. None of our computers have ever had compression set as it messes with some of...
  8. Disk Cleanup (compress OS drive) problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Cleanup (compress OS drive) problem: Hi guys and gurus. Been giving my self yet another headache :/ Ran disk cleanup this evening, something I don't do as often as I should and discovered the 'compress OS drive' issue. Only as per usual only after it was too late. Selected to delete this thinking it was some...
  9. Disk Cleanup (compress OS drive) problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk Cleanup (compress OS drive) problem: Hi guys and gurus. Been giving my self yet another headache :/ Ran disk cleanup this evening, something I don't do as often as I should and discovered the 'compress OS drive' issue. Only as per usual only after it was too late. Selected to delete this thinking it was some...
  10. So there is an option in my clean up that is 40gb and says "Compress your OS drive"

So there is an option in my clean up that is 40gb and says "Compress your OS drive": Does this option mean i delete it or do i compress my OS drive if i tap the box? 40GB is alot considering i only have a 256gb ssd on this [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what does os drive compression do

2. compress your OS drive good idea?

3. undo compress os drive

4. compress your os drive,
  5. os drive compression,
  6. is it a good idea to compress an os drive