Windows 10: OS from HDD to SSD

Discus and support OS from HDD to SSD in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’m trying to migrate my operating system from the HDD to SSD however when I choose, which one I want it to go to( the ssd) it says cannot use source... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ctomis, May 22, 2020.

1. /u/ctomis Win User

OS from HDD to SSD

I’m trying to migrate my operating system from the HDD to SSD however when I choose, which one I want it to go to( the ssd) it says cannot use source disk. This doesn’t make any sense because windows folder is clearly on the HDD and I use the HDD as a boot drive so I can not select that as the destination either. Anyone know what’s going on?

submitted by /u/ctomis
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ctomis, May 22, 2020
  2. IcyTruth Win User

Cloned OS to SSD want to delete old OS on hdd

already have hdd as booting as a regular drive not boot

and ssd is primary boot. just want some more room on hdd but if its to difficult to get rid of os on hdd its fine i can use it as a backup os if ssd fails

IcyTruth, May 22, 2020
  3. move windows os from ssd to hdd

Hi DaveM121,

Actually i had cloned my ssd to hdd and it was booting perfectly from hdd .But after that i had formatted my ssd and it stopped booting from hdd.Then i install windows again on ssd and created
    dual boot using easy bcd.Now it is booting perfectly from HDD and SSD but if i remove os from ssd then it stops working.But i don't want os on ssd and it should boot only from hdd.So what should i do ?

harshdave1, May 22, 2020
  4. OS from HDD to SSD

move windows os from ssd to hdd

How to move windows os from ssd to hdd.

harshdave1, May 22, 2020
Thema:

OS from HDD to SSD

1. OS from HDD to SSD - Similar Threads - HDD SSD

2. Installing Win10 from my HDD to my SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Win10 from my HDD to my SSD: So three years ago I bought Windows 10 on an USB and upgraded from Win 7, as you do. Now I made the decsion back then to save Windows onto my HDD as opposed to my SSD. Now I'm trying to reinstall Windows 10 onto my SSD in order to make my machine run a bit smoother, and It's...
  3. Reinstalling Windows 10 on a different HDD/SSD

Reinstalling Windows 10 on a different HDD/SSD: So three years ago I bought Windows 10 on an USB and upgraded from Win 7, as you do. Now I made the decsion back then to save Windows onto my HDD as opposed to my SSD. Now I'm trying to reinstall Windows 10 onto my SSD in order to make my machine run a bit smoother, and It's...
  4. Moving "One Drive" folder from my SSD to a HDD on the same PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving "One Drive" folder from my SSD to a HDD on the same PC: Hi, I have just purchased a new PC that has two drives C: which is a 250Gb SSD drive and D: which is a 1Tb HDD intended for data. During my install, Windows set up my "One Drive" folder on the C: drive whereas it should have been set up on the D: drive. How can I move...
  5. Should I Use An HDD or SSD Drive As The "Data Drive" With My Laptop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I Use An HDD or SSD Drive As The "Data Drive" With My Laptop?: Hello. I hope everyone is staying healthy and safe! I have a subjective (and yet induce elements of fact) question to ask you all. Introduction: Having a Lenovo T510 legacy laptop that has an upgraded SATA III 500 GB SSD drive (from an older HDD drive) in the main...
  6. Transfer of licenced OS from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer of licenced OS from HDD to SSD: I have recently purchased an SSD. Originally windows was installed in HDD. Now I want to transfer the OS from HDD to SSD. Will I lose my LICENSED version of windows, if I do this? And it is mentioned in settings that my windows is activated with the help of digital license...
  7. How to transfer my OS from a HDD to SSD for free?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to transfer my OS from a HDD to SSD for free?: Downloaded a bunch of applications like mini tools partition wizard which required me to pay for the pro version. Which I dont want to do? submitted by /u/Gamingtan [link] [comments]...
  8. Set up 2.0TB HDD & 256 SSD: Winds 10 Dell Inspiron 10th Gen i7 1065G7

in Windows 10 Support
    Set up 2.0TB HDD & 256 SSD: Winds 10 Dell Inspiron 10th Gen i7 1065G7: Hello All! Just registered, and am glad to join you. After 15 years + of total Appleness, I invested in a brand new Dell Inspiron 17 Laptop - 10th Gen Intel Core i7-1065G7 with 2GB NVIDIA® GeForce® MX230 Graphics and 16GB of RAM running on Microsoft® Windows 10 Home (64-bit),...
  9. Retrieving laptop win10 product key before replacing system HDD with a new SSD

Retrieving laptop win10 product key before replacing system HDD with a new SSD: I have an Acer Aspire 5732Z laptop, originally bought with Win7 Home. Years ago Microsoft let me freely upgrade to Win10 Home. As far as I remember I did not have to sign in with a new product key. As the original HDD is quite slow, I think about replacing it with a new...
  10. Boot files installing on HDD not SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Boot files installing on HDD not SSD: I wanted to make a clean installation of windows and format my ssd but didnt have a cd/usb to use. So I created a 12gb partition on my hdd and put the windows files on it from the ISO. After installation however, windows is installed on the ssd but the same partition I used...