Windows 10: OS from one PC to another PC to get Windows 10

Discus and support OS from one PC to another PC to get Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a full version of Windows 7 on one Computer and I need to put it on another Computer so what would be the best way to do this? The reason why is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lostsoul65, Nov 11, 2018.

1. OS from one PC to another PC to get Windows 10

I have a full version of Windows 7 on one Computer and I need to put it on another Computer so what would be the best way to do this? The reason why is if you have the full version of Windows 7 you can upgrade it to Windows 10 for free.

:)

lostsoul65, Nov 11, 2018
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Nov 11, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 11, 2018
  4. r.h.p Win User

OS from one PC to another PC to get Windows 10

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

OS from one PC to another PC to get Windows 10

1. OS from one PC to another PC to get Windows 10 - Similar Threads - another

2. Web Cam is blocked or in use in another application

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Web Cam is blocked or in use in another application: My web cam works fine when plugged in to my laptop, but video doesn't work on my desktop. The sound comes through fine on the desktop. I have tried copying my drivers from the laptop and installing them on the desktop but still have the same error message on the desktop....
  3. Reinstallation of genuine window in another hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstallation of genuine window in another hard drive: I have genuine windows 8 in my laptop which is later upgraded to windows 10. Now i want to install new ssd drive in my hp notebook. How can i install my genuine windows to new ssd....
  4. Open a window as admin and then cannot select another opened window

in Windows 10 Customization
    Open a window as admin and then cannot select another opened window: So i have been having a very strange issue for about a month after an update. Whenever I open an app as a admin, I cannot click on or select other windows or even the desktop, that are not open as admin; only the window of the app that was opened as admin can be selected. The...
  5. Ethernet on One windows 10 computer capped around 350mbps, 900mbps on another Win10...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet on One windows 10 computer capped around 350mbps, 900mbps on another Win10...: So, I'm using a 12 foot CAT6 ethernet cable to connect to my windows PC to my gigabit router. Using a Cat6 cable to connect another Windows 10 PC to the gigabit router gives a speedtest result around 950mbps+. Using a Cat6 cable on the problem computer has a maximum...
  6. Microsoft rolls out another update for new Edge on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft rolls out another update for new Edge on Windows 10: Microsoft is rolling out a new version of its Chromium-powered Microsoft Edge browser for the users in the Dev channel. Many of the improvements included in Microsoft Edge Dev are also available for Microsoft Edge Canary. The new Microsoft Edge Dev version is 76.0.152.0 and...
  7. [HELP] Copy Microsoft Store Game (Sea of Thieves) to another PC with Delivery Optimisation

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    [HELP] Copy Microsoft Store Game (Sea of Thieves) to another PC with Delivery Optimisation: I would like to copy sea of thieves to another PC on my local network. I turned on the Delivery Optimisation, I do not have the metered connection activated, I did everything I found on the supports and forum and still it doesn't want to DL from my other computer who...
  8. Need to copy PC excactly to another PC and both activated. Both have OEM Windows 10 Pro.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Need to copy PC excactly to another PC and both activated. Both have OEM Windows 10 Pro.: Need to copy a Lenovo Laptop onto a Dell workstation. Need them to be exact copies of each other. Both have OEM versions of Windows 10 Pro. Can we image the Dell PC with the backed up image from the Lenovo and still get Windows to activate? Using Acronis True Image, but the...
  9. Can I import people from People App on another computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I import people from People App on another computer?: For some reason the people in the People App on my desktop disappeared. Those on my laptop are still present. Is there some way I can get them from the laptop to desktop? Both machines run under the same MS account. Thank you. 132644
  10. Can't move my UWP games to another drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't move my UWP games to another drive: Hello everyone ! I would like to move some of my Windows Store games (such as Forza Horizon 3 and 4) from my HDD to my SSD, but each time I try, I get the error code 0x80073d0d. Does anybody know what I should do ?...