Windows 10: OS from one PC to another PC to get Windows 10

Discus and support OS from one PC to another PC to get Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a full version of Windows 7 on one Computer and I need to put it on another Computer so what would be the best way to do this? The reason why is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lostsoul65, Nov 11, 2018.

1. OS from one PC to another PC to get Windows 10

I have a full version of Windows 7 on one Computer and I need to put it on another Computer so what would be the best way to do this? The reason why is if you have the full version of Windows 7 you can upgrade it to Windows 10 for free.

:)

lostsoul65, Nov 11, 2018
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Nov 11, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 11, 2018
  4. r.h.p Win User

OS from one PC to another PC to get Windows 10

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

OS from one PC to another PC to get Windows 10

1. OS from one PC to another PC to get Windows 10 - Similar Threads - another

2. Why can't I set up another login method?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I set up another login method?: After I set up the first login method fingerprint + passcode, on my computer, I have not been able to set up another one, whether it be fingerprint or passcode, for my profile. However, my friend can set up a second fingerprint if he wants on his profile, on the same...
  3. Why can't I set up another login method?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I set up another login method?: After I set up the first login method fingerprint + passcode, on my computer, I have not been able to set up another one, whether it be fingerprint or passcode, for my profile. However, my friend can set up a second fingerprint if he wants on his profile, on the same...
  4. Hi - another network sharing issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi - another network sharing issue.: Hi - another frustrating network sharing issue. Until recently my wife has been able to access her files on my PC via her laptop over WiFi, no major issues. All devices were powered off recently while we were away from home, come back and suddenly the shared folders which...
  5. Hi - another network sharing issue.

Hi - another network sharing issue.: Hi - another frustrating network sharing issue. Until recently my wife has been able to access her files on my PC via her laptop over WiFi, no major issues. All devices were powered off recently while we were away from home, come back and suddenly the shared folders which...
  6. Can I move Windows Boot Manager to another drive without reinstalling windows?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I move Windows Boot Manager to another drive without reinstalling windows?: I want to remove that hard drive from pc because it is starting to fail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-move-windows-boot-manager-to-another-drive/49d45fc6-2fe3-43fe-961d-0c7e6037786d
  7. Can I move Windows Boot Manager to another drive without reinstalling windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I move Windows Boot Manager to another drive without reinstalling windows?: I want to remove that hard drive from pc because it is starting to fail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-move-windows-boot-manager-to-another-drive/49d45fc6-2fe3-43fe-961d-0c7e6037786d
  8. Can I move Windows Boot Manager to another drive without reinstalling windows?

9. Office files corrupted after moving from one computer to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Office files corrupted after moving from one computer to another: To explain briefly the process i´ve been following, i changed an old computer´s hdd to a new ssd, then i tried to move all the personal files from the hdd to the new sdd connecting the old hdd to another computer and transfering the files over ftp to the computer with the new...
  10. Office files corrupted after moving from one computer to another

Office files corrupted after moving from one computer to another: To explain briefly the process i´ve been following, i changed an old computer´s hdd to a new ssd, then i tried to move all the personal files from the hdd to the new sdd connecting the old hdd to another computer and transfering the files over ftp to the computer with the new...