Windows 10: OS installed on Laptop SSD Cache

Discus and support OS installed on Laptop SSD Cache in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have recently factory reset my computer as it was not running well and took 5 hours to boot up because of 100% Disk Usage. After that, my OS was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by quasar098, Sep 9, 2020.

1. quasar098 Win User

OS installed on Laptop SSD Cache

I have recently factory reset my computer as it was not running well and took 5 hours to boot up because of 100% Disk Usage.

After that, my OS was reinstalled and whenever I check task manager, it says I have an SSD even though I have a hard disk drive.

All third party applications that I use to look at what type my hard drive is say its an HDD because its installed on it.

I am wondering if this will cause any problems because I do not know what parts of my OS are on the SSD cache and what is on the hard drive. Also, I want to know how to transfer it to an HDD if possible. Just wondering if something bad happens

OS installed on Laptop SSD Cache df067162-b201-4a7e-ad0d-7b4d4456b711?upload=true.png task manager 2nd tab

OS installed on Laptop SSD Cache 208127b9-bc6b-481e-b991-3cad1bba678b?upload=true.png task manager 2nd tab

OS installed on Laptop SSD Cache 31a0cb08-a52b-4d06-97ba-3454e7d79d82?upload=true.png official defragment and optimize thing from windows

Also, pressing the optimize button just makes it grey and does nothing

OS installed on Laptop SSD Cache 5a6487a3-f78b-4ab0-b43c-a18634e37ef3?upload=true.png defraggler

Installed on Hard Drive.

:)

quasar098, Sep 9, 2020
  2. KTR
    ktr Win User

60GB SSD for OS install

I would recommend a SSD with onboard cache if your gonna install an O/S to it. The cache will drastically improve the random rewrite speed.

3. OS/caching on single mSATA ssd/ anyone familiar with this SSD ?

have any one here try to set up OS and HDD cache on the same ssd ?

coolhand411, Sep 9, 2020
  4. Phusius Win User

How do I cache my new SSD 64GB to my Z68 mobo and 1 TB HDD?

I answered my own question. http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums...y-step-guide-to-setting-up-SSD-caching-on-Z68

If you already have W7 installed and do not want to reinstall do this:
    1) Do not connect the caching SSD yet. First apply the following registry tweak:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Iastorv
    In the details pane, right-click "Start", and then click modify.
    In the Value data box, type 0

This registry change enables the RAID driver in Windows.
    2) Next install the raid driver.
    3) Connect your caching SSD
    4) Set up caching with RST util.

Techpowerup failed me for the first time... and here I thought I found the PC genius website. *Frown OS installed on Laptop SSD Cache :( xD jk

Phusius, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

1. OS installed on Laptop SSD Cache - Similar Threads - installed Laptop SSD

2. Installing new OS on new SSD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing new OS on new SSD.: I have Windows 10 on a separate SSD that has failed. I’d like to simply install a new SSD, and also the most up-to-date Windows OS. Since the current OS is on a failing, non-bootable drive, how do I install a new OS on a clean drive? I am not aware of any bootable OS’s on any...
  3. Installing new OS on new SSD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing new OS on new SSD.: I have Windows 10 on a separate SSD that has failed. I’d like to simply install a new SSD, and also the most up-to-date Windows OS. Since the current OS is on a failing, non-bootable drive, how do I install a new OS on a clean drive? I am not aware of any bootable OS’s on any...
  4. Installing new OS on new SSD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I want to boot with SSD but can not install OS in SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to boot with SSD but can not install OS in SSD: Hello all... My laptop have both SSD and HDD. Windows is currently installed in HDD, but I want to install windows 10 in my SSD to boot faster. When I try to install windows in my SSD, I got an error that says windows cannot be installed to this disk because it's not...
  6. I want to boot with SSD but can not install OS in SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want to boot with SSD but can not install OS in SSD: Hello all... My laptop have both SSD and HDD. Windows is currently installed in HDD, but I want to install windows 10 in my SSD to boot faster. When I try to install windows in my SSD, I got an error that says windows cannot be installed to this disk because it's not...
  7. Use SSD as cache for HDD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Use SSD as cache for HDD: Hello everyone! I was wondering if I could use a 128GB SSD as cache for my 2TB HDD. What program should I use? Is it a native Windows feature? Is this the right subreddit to post this? Thanks :) submitted by /u/GnossisYT [link] [comments]...
  8. W10 OS Clean Install on SSD

W10 OS Clean Install on SSD: I'm currently wanting to install a 120GB SSD into my PC. 1) What I want to know is, will the OS on the HDD conflict with the one on the SSD after I do a clean install on it, and make it the boot disc? All I want to use it for is the OS and the games I'm playing the...
  9. Asus S400CA - installing windows 10 - using ssd cache

Asus S400CA - installing windows 10 - using ssd cache: My laptop Asus S400CA comes with 24GB SSD to work as express cache. What should be done while upgrading from windows 8.1 to windows 10 so that express cache is used. Will windows 10 installation take care and use this cache automatically or should any other work to be done by...
  10. Wiping SSD before OS installation?

Wiping SSD before OS installation?: Hello! I am about to build a new computer and I want to use the same SSD that is in this computer that I'm using right now... Now, Before I install it would it be a good idea to do a drive wipe before doing a clean install of Window 7 Pro 64? After I'm planning on upgrading...