Windows 10: OS integrity and System File Checker

Discus and support OS integrity and System File Checker in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone; A couple questions about system file checker and maintaining/monitoring OS system integrity: Is System File Checker via command prompt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kickeddog, Nov 27, 2019.

1. OS integrity and System File Checker

Hi everyone;

A couple questions about system file checker and maintaining/monitoring OS system integrity:

1. Is System File Checker via command prompt the only way (or best way?) to double check OS file system integrity and completeness?

2. Are there any other methods or tips for maintaining my Windows installation?

I am asking this because I finally have a fresh[er] install of Windows 10 on my laptop that I am happy with. Everything is configured almost exactly how I want it. My biggest issue is this: now that I have migrated back from OS X to Windows, I feel as if my novice computer knowledge is just enough to cause me to have potential to create major havoc within my PC and OS install.

I think I more or less have common sense when it comes to my PC maintenance, but any new tips or tricks help.

Thank you!!

submitted by /u/kickeddog
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kickeddog, Nov 27, 2019
  2. Guest1 Win User
    Guest1, Nov 27, 2019
  3. Guest2 Win User
    System File Checker

To make a long story short, when I contacted Microsoft a few days ago about a problem I’ve been having, one of the possible solutions they gave me was to use the System File Checker tool. When I asked Microsoft’s Virtual Agent about it, she came
    back with “…To run it:

• Select Start Windows logo Start button, and in the search box, enter
      Command Prompt. Press and hold (or right-click) Command Prompt (Desktop app) from the search results and select
      Run as administrator.
    • Enter DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth (note the spaces before each "/").
    • Enter sfc /scannow (note the space between "sfc" and "/").”

After the steps, she provided a link to learn more about the tool (System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot).
    However, that did not help me much.

Regarding steps 2 and 3, do I have to press “enter” after “…Restorehealth,” or do I type “…Restorehealth sfc /scannow” AND THEN press “enter?”

Guest2, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Guest3 Win User

OS integrity and System File Checker

System File Checker Problem

The computer is not running slow and no BSOD screens. All my computer specs are listed, if anything is missing that I need to add, let me know if needed to resolve this problem.

1st - I ran the sfc /scannow command:

OS integrity and System File Checker [​IMG]

So I rebooted and ran the DISM restore health:

It completed successfully and I rebooted. So I ran the sfc /scannow command again and it fixed the corrupted files:

I then rebooted and ran the sfc /scannow command again and it found no violations:

I shut down the computer for maybe a half hour and all of the sudden the sfc /scannow found corrupt files again when I ran it. The screenshot isn't necessary because we already know what it looks like from my first image.

This is part of my CBS log that I think points to the culprit; but I'll attach the whole log for anyone that can help:

Guest3, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

OS integrity and System File Checker

1. OS integrity and System File Checker - Similar Threads - integrity System File

2. System File Checker Tool

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System File Checker Tool: After running the System File Checker Tool there were some files that were repaired. Wanting to read the log I put the command in to see the TXT file and it states " Cannot open %WINDIR%LOGSCBSCBS.LOG How do I access this text file?...
  3. System File Checker Tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System File Checker Tool: After running the System File Checker Tool there were some files that were repaired. Wanting to read the log I put the command in to see the TXT file and it states " Cannot open %WINDIR%LOGSCBSCBS.LOG How do I access this text file?...
  4. System file checker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System file checker: I am having trouble with a new upgrade in that occasionally the computer spontaneously re-boots and produces a blue screen, I tried to run sfc.exe /scannow from the run box but all that happens is a flash over the desktop. I suspect it is because I am not running as...
  5. System file checker not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    System file checker not working: My system got very slow from past week. I searched and tried lots of tips from internet. Someone the sfc command is not working. Can anyone help me out ? And how can I improve my PC performance ?...
  6. System File Checker Log

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System File Checker Log: I just run the System File Checker sfc /scannow on my Windows 10 laptop. It found corrupt files and successfully fixed them. How do I identify what this corrupt files that were successfully fixed in CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log? I have the resulting CBS.log but I do not...
  7. Data integrity checker

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data integrity checker: hi awesome people can anyone recommend a data integrity checker.That regulary checks files to see if they get corrupted or damage.Preferrably open source or windows proprietary software. I have windows 10 The reason why i ask is i accidently figured out a file is...
  8. System File Checker not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System File Checker not working: I had an issue installing the last windows update, KB4517389. After the restart I get “Last failed install attempt on ‎10/‎8/‎2019 - 0xd0000034”. It does, however, appear that update was installed. See the discussion under “KB4517389 and KB4524100 fail to install error...
  9. System File Checker Problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System File Checker Problem: The computer is not running slow and no BSOD screens. All my computer specs are listed, if anything is missing that I need to add, let me know if needed to resolve this problem. 1st - I ran the sfc /scannow command: [img] So I rebooted and ran the DISM restore health:...
  10. system file checker

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    system file checker: so my win 10 pc has found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. who knows how many. what is the best way to find and fix the corrupt files? I tried dism, but no source found. do we have good quick way of doing this? I upgraded from 8.1 to 10. I have the recovery...