Windows 10: OS is completely non-functional

Discus and support OS is completely non-functional in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So last night I started up my computer and almost immediately upon reaching my desktop, the system froze then gave me the bsod. Upon restarting, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AdamVlahakis, Jan 11, 2020.

1. OS is completely non-functional

So last night I started up my computer and almost immediately upon reaching my desktop, the system froze then gave me the bsod. Upon restarting, it automatically launched the windows automatic repair tool. It was making slow progress for a while, but upon some googling, I decided to let it run overnight. When I woke up this morning, the repair tool must have finished, because it was stuck at the motherboard boot screen that pops up before Windows loads. No inputs did anything, I couldn't reach the BIOS or drive selection so I restarted the system and this time it gave me a black screen after the motherboard boot screen and stayed there. At this point I tried nearly every troubleshooting guide under the sun and nothing will work. I have messed with the boot options in the BIOS, reset the BIOS to default, I can't boot windows in safe mode, I have tried reinstalling from the installation disk, I have tried all the troubleshooting options that "repair your computer" gives you off the installation disk, it just tells me that it can't perform the System Restore, Startup Repair, I can't uninstall either feature or quality updates, it can't find any system recovery image files. Now when I try to boot the system it tells me "A disk read error has occurred, press ctrl+alt+de to restart" but restarting just puts me back in the same place. I have been following troubleshooting guides and messing with every option available to me, but I have only been making backwards progress and now absolutely nothing is working to the point that most troubleshooting isn't even an option because there's so little my system will do.

:)

AdamVlahakis, Jan 11, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond OS is completely non-functional :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 11, 2020
  3. Bluetooth non-operational and Logitech wireless devices functions not working.

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.
    • Right click on the setup file of the driver and select
      “Properties”.
    • Select “Compatibility” Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver install and then check thefunctionality.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 11, 2020
  4. OS is completely non-functional

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

OS is completely non-functional

1. OS is completely non-functional - Similar Threads - completely non functional

2. Logitech Zone 100 Bluetooth headset completely non functional on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logitech Zone 100 Bluetooth headset completely non functional on Windows 11: I, a couple of months ago got a Logitech Zone 100 Bluetooth headset. To be more specific it is kind of like a gaming headset where if the pull the mic out the mic turns on. It worked on my Windows laptop for a couple of months but recently it started to only work when the...
  3. Logitech Zone 100 Bluetooth headset completely non functional on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logitech Zone 100 Bluetooth headset completely non functional on Windows 11: I, a couple of months ago got a Logitech Zone 100 Bluetooth headset. To be more specific it is kind of like a gaming headset where if the pull the mic out the mic turns on. It worked on my Windows laptop for a couple of months but recently it started to only work when the...
  4. Non functioning microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Non functioning microphone: microphone is not working. video recording is working without audio. * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/non-functioning-microphone/b60c63ed-8832-4a9a-9fde-8da4c83a72cf
  5. How to 'Create account' with a non-functioning OS?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to 'Create account' with a non-functioning OS?: Yesterday I offered to set up my wife's new HP laptop with Windows 10. Everything went smoothly until the "Sign in with Microsoft" screen. It called for an email address, and as it is my wife's computer I entered hers. The response was "Invalid email". For a horrible moment I...
  6. Microphone drivers gone, completely non-functional and don't know how to restore.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone drivers gone, completely non-functional and don't know how to restore.: It is quite confusing. I simply left for dinner, and once I came back, the microphone drivers were apparently gone. It no longer shows up as an input device in any of my installed apps, nor in windows's settings. Could I just "delete" the device and get the drivers back that...
  7. Non Functioning webcam

Non Functioning webcam: I have a Packard Bell TJ64 laptop which I bought in 2010. When I try to open the webcam it gives the error code 0xA00F4244camera not attached. It is not listed in the Device Manager. According to the Program List it is a Chicory version 1.7.82.1209. The Chicory website...
  8. HDMI port non-functional

HDMI port non-functional: After the 12/12/18 update the HDMI port stopped functioning. I found a fix on the Intel site on 12/17/18. The port stopped working again on 12/24 and I can't find a fix. What's up?...
  9. Troubleshooter non-functional

in Windows 10 Customization
    Troubleshooter non-functional: I just tried to run my troubleshooter, however says try again later. This is the first time I have ever seen this. Please advise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/troubleshooter-non-functional/8756885e-989a-46f3-87b5-9c8170ef89dc
  10. Intermittent keyboard non-functioning

Intermittent keyboard non-functioning: I use a wireless mouse and keyboard. Every now and then, often enough to be irritating, the keyboard fails to function: the mouse works properly. The keyboard problem persists for a few minutes, after which it works again. There is no discernable pattern to this problem....