Windows 10: OS is mostly disabled and inoperable

Discus and support OS is mostly disabled and inoperable in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Duplicate post. Apologies. Disreguard thanks. 121571 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hempatches, Nov 13, 2018.

1. OS is mostly disabled and inoperable

Duplicate post. Apologies. Disreguard thanks.

:)

hempatches, Nov 13, 2018
  2. Nailezs Win User

win8.1 and inoperable case usb hub

Hey guys,

I did a fresh install of win8 and updated/installed to win8.1. Now my usb2.0 hub on my case is completely inoperable. The hub did work on my previous install of win8. Devices work when installed onto the usb ports of the motherboard. I figure that this is some type of windows driver issue, being that usb support is supposed to be native in win8.1, I just don't know what driver it is or where to download it.
    Or I could be completely wrong.

Any idea's or suggestions?

EDIT: I noticed that devices are getting power then plugged into the hub, the OS is just not recognizing them. I've tried this with my usb headphones and a usb drive.

Nailezs, Nov 13, 2018
  3. DrPepper Win User
    Best way to keep vista clean and healthy

Yeah just caught it there.

I'm going to attempt to have a step by step guide on how to use these programs efficiently.

DrPepper, Nov 13, 2018
  4. Yaqub K Win User

OS is mostly disabled and inoperable

Disabling Synaptic touchpad in Windows 10, and why it won't stay disabled. For a left handed person, it is disruptive.

Hi,

If you wish to disable your touchpad, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press Windows Key +X.
    • Select Device manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on Synaptic touchpad driver and select Disable.
    • Click OK to confirm and check with the issue.

Please reply us with the status to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

OS is mostly disabled and inoperable

1. OS is mostly disabled and inoperable - Similar Threads - mostly disabled inoperable

2. Bitlocker inoperable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker inoperable: <removed> I had a system board replaced in an HP workstation which rendered the hard drive Bitlocker inoperable. HP told me to call Microsoft with the Bitlocker ID, so I did. After a total of 6 hours on the phone and chat I received no resolution. <OT removed>...
  3. Bitlocker inoperable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker inoperable: <removed> I had a system board replaced in an HP workstation which rendered the hard drive Bitlocker inoperable. HP told me to call Microsoft with the Bitlocker ID, so I did. After a total of 6 hours on the phone and chat I received no resolution. <OT removed>...
  4. update, the printer is inoperable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    update, the printer is inoperable: Dear Readers!I found an article that after the June 15, 2020 win 10 update, some printers don’t print, unfortunately my printer doesn’t print either. With a USB connection, though, it was still operating normally in early 2020.How can an purchased device / driver become...
  5. taskbar lock inoperable

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskbar lock inoperable: I have the lock the taskbar checked. However, without my doing anything, the taskbar will double or triple in height. I need to unlock the taskbar to reduce it's height, then I lock it again. This has been happening for a couple of weeks. The taskbar is at the bottom of my...
  6. Microsoft Office is inoperable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Office is inoperable: Completed August update. Now most programs and files report. Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item, C:\Program Files\WindowsAppsMicrosoft.Office.Desktop.Word_16051.13209.20308.0x86. I am...
  7. Most recent OS update disabled Office and I cannot install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Most recent OS update disabled Office and I cannot install: After rebooting from the most recent windows update (last night) all my office tools failed to launch. I tried reinstalling and though it goes through the process and claims success, I do not see the apps in start menu. Anyone else experience the same? This is a personal...
  8. OS is mostly disabled and inoperable

in Windows 10 Support
    OS is mostly disabled and inoperable: Very strange morning. Husband restarted his PC after Facebook page would not load giving the "no internet" page. Internet/wifi was working fine on my other PC on the network. Before I restarted again, I ran the CCleaner both "cleaner" and "registry" and it worked. Then it...
  9. Bluetooth hopelessly inoperable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth hopelessly inoperable: Pardon, I say hopelessly more as sign of my frustration than anything to do with hardware or configurations. Let me explain: At one point it worked: All my attempts at pairing were successful, ie. Rift Sensors, external audio buds, peripherals mouse, keyboards, etc. At...
  10. Bluetooth hopelessly inoperable

in Windows 10 Support
    Bluetooth hopelessly inoperable: Pardon, I say hopelessly more as sign of my frustration than anything to do with hardware or configurations. Let me explain: At one point it worked: All my attempts at pairing were successful, ie. Rift Sensors, external audio buds, peripherals mouse, keyboards, etc. At...