Windows 10: OS License for Students

Discus and support OS License for Students in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hey there! So I connected with MS Azure via my University account and got access to different Windows OS Versions and even enabled 100$ to use over a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Pistachios13, Aug 30, 2020.

1. OS License for Students

Hey there!

So I connected with MS Azure via my University account and got access to different Windows OS Versions and even enabled 100$ to use over a certain period for software. I just bought a new laptop without OS that I primarily use for Uni and like to install Windows on it via USB stick.

My question is: When I graduate next spring, my Uni account will probably be deactivated so is probably my connection to Azure Education. Will the Windows 10 license I downloaded iso file and installed on the laptop expire? Or is it a permanent license? Because I obviously like to use the laptop after my graduation, although it was primarily bought for educational purposes.

And is "Windows 10 consumer editions, version 2004 - DVD" the correct version to boot and update to the latest Windows 10?

Neither University IT nor Azure Support could help me with this. I´d appreciate any answer.

Cheers, Seb

:)

Pistachios13, Aug 30, 2020
  2. plrbear90 Win User

Student Pricing for Windows OS

Hey everyone,

I recently had to repair my processor on my computer. Little did I know that this would deactivate my Windows account. I had a purchased copy of Windows 8, but I bought it digitally. I can't seem to find the email that contained the product key and I
    can't remember where I bought it. So, all that to say, now I have to buy a new copy of Windows OS. I'd prefer not to spend $100 on something I already legally own, especially since I'm a college student who just spent a bunch of money on computer repairs.
    Support directed me to contact whoever I bought my computer from, but it's self built... so that's not really option. Does anyone know if there is a student discount available for the OS? I know they used to offer it for 7 and 8, but I can't find it for

TL;DR: Where can I find a student discount for Windows OS?

Thanks!

plrbear90, Aug 30, 2020
  3. Stan Win User
    Can I upgrade a Windows 7 student licence to Windows 10?

I have a Windows 7 with a student license (it's a full license, not OEM). I want to use the free upgrade to Windows 10 and still have a valid license.

The thing is, I am no longer a student.

Reinstalling my Windows 7 has never been a problem (including activating it). But I fear that upgrading to Windows 10 could lead to my license being detected as invalid, and being cancelled. Or maybe I'll be asked to get a new "key" from my university (which I cannot do anymore, since I graduated).

Another point of concern:
    So far I have always used the same computer when reinstalling. However, now I am also changing to a new computer (old one's broken). The activation process will probably involve more steps.

Is it safe to upgrade?

4. Ashton W Win User

OS License for Students

Im a full time college student

Hi Derek,

I am an independent advisor and a Microsoft user like you, and I would be happy to help you out with this.

I would suggest that you search for your school here as well:
    https://onthehub.com/windows-10-education/#Stud...

Otherwise you may wish to contact your school's bookstore or IT department to see if they have the Microsoft Student Use Benefit program, which would allow for students to be licensed.

I hope this has helped you. If this is not what you are looking for, please reply and let us know and we would be happy to look into providing some different suggestions!

Regards,

-Ashton

Ashton W, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

OS License for Students

1. OS License for Students - Similar Threads - License Students

2. Upgrading from Win 11 HSL to Pro using OEM license and Office Home Student problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading from Win 11 HSL to Pro using OEM license and Office Home Student problem: im currently helping a client who just bought a bnib HP Laptop that came bundle with Win 11 HSL & Office 2021 Home Student its still hasnt been setup yet and they were asking to upgrade it into Win 11 Pro using OEM license they already bought the license from internet and...
  3. Upgrading from Win 11 HSL to Pro using OEM license and Office Home Student problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading from Win 11 HSL to Pro using OEM license and Office Home Student problem: im currently helping a client who just bought a bnib HP Laptop that came bundle with Win 11 HSL & Office 2021 Home Student its still hasnt been setup yet and they were asking to upgrade it into Win 11 Pro using OEM license they already bought the license from internet and...
  4. Is there available a free Windows 10 license for students?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is there available a free Windows 10 license for students?: I am an university student and, as mentioned in the title, I would ask you if Microsoft provides an educational licenses for students. I am in particular referring about Windows 10. If any, is an unlimited license or has it an expiration time? Thank you very much.Regards....
  5. Is there available a free Windows 10 license for students?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there available a free Windows 10 license for students?: I am an university student and, as mentioned in the title, I would ask you if Microsoft provides an educational licenses for students. I am in particular referring about Windows 10. If any, is an unlimited license or has it an expiration time? Thank you very much.Regards....
  6. Is there available a free Windows 10 license for students?

7. license for home student program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    license for home student program: So bought the home student license key last yr was used on laptop and was stolen and never used how can I transfer key to the one I got now, or do I need to buy new one thanks:...
  8. license for home student program

license for home student program: So bought the home student license key last yr was used on laptop and was stolen and never used how can I transfer key to the one I got now, or do I need to buy new one thanks:...
  9. license for home student program

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  10. Can I use Windows Enterprise as a student without a prior license of Windows?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I use Windows Enterprise as a student without a prior license of Windows?: Hi, I'm trying to activate my A3 Student License to use Microsoft Enterprise, as it is included in my schools A3 subscriptions. But on documentations, It is saying that I need a licensed Windows to "upgrade" to. But if that is the case, what is the point of student license?...