Windows 10: OS migration tools

Discus and support OS migration tools in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; There is the Paragon Migration Tool. It works really well. I have used it. With 3 clicks you transfer your system. In light of it's capabilities and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by artemp00, Mar 14, 2016.

1. WHS
    whs Win User

OS migration tools

There is the Paragon Migration Tool. It works really well. I have used it. With 3 clicks you transfer your system. In light of it's capabilities and ease of use the $19.95 is a small fee.

https://www.paragon-software.com/tec...ate-OS-to-SSD/

2. WHS
    whs Win User
  3. dalchina New Member
    Laplink Pcmover, or Laplink Pcmover Disk Image Assistant (which I used this time) are pretty successful.

So you clean install the OS, and use these to 'install' the majority of your programs and settings.
    The latter uses a disk image of your original system which saves the iterative process of the original PCMover.
    (Laplink promotes O&O diskimage, but Macrium Reflect images are said to be ok. A permissions bug means Aomei Backupper images do not presently work in this context).

Note that Easeus ToDo PCTrans will only install programs on C: and may change your install paths, whereas the Laplink offerings respect your install paths. The Easeus offering is comparatively new (=less mature).

These are huge time savers where you have many programs to move, but
    - some programs are not moved (you get a list)
    - a few (< 5%) are not moved successfully
    and
    - many are moved with their license keys but not all
    - .net framework is handled sensibly.

dalchina, Mar 17, 2016
  4. OS migration tools

Agree with Dalchina, LapLink PC Mover migrates data, settings, and apps from one PC to another. Only the Pro version does the apps, though; the other versions just do the data and settings.

Mark Phelps, Mar 17, 2016
  5. cereberus Win User
    What OS is on old pc?

If it is Windows 10, then cloning may work but you could get driver issues. You would need your windows 10 key from new pc if not an upgrade.

Moving just programs using Easus PCtrans ior similar would be required if not windows 10 on current pc. This backups program and settings - it is a mini clone of each program including apppdata and registry settings etc afaik.

cereberus, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

OS migration tools

1. OS migration tools - Similar Threads - migration tools

2. Securesync Migration tool

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Securesync Migration tool: Is it possible to migrate files from Securesync to OneDrive/SharePoint Online using the ShareGate migration tool? Also, are there any other migration tools available?...
  3. Securesync Migration tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Securesync Migration tool: Is it possible to migrate files from Securesync to OneDrive/SharePoint Online using the ShareGate migration tool? Also, are there any other migration tools available?...
  4. Securesync Migration tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Troubleshooting free Share Point Migration Tool

Troubleshooting free Share Point Migration Tool: Hi,I am using the free Sharepoint Migration Tool. It worked fine till Monday 18.12.2023. On Wednesday 20.12.2023 it shows an error:The program has problems during initialization. Please check your system environment again according to the troubleshooting...
  6. Troubleshooting free Share Point Migration Tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshooting free Share Point Migration Tool: Hi,I am using the free Sharepoint Migration Tool. It worked fine till Monday 18.12.2023. On Wednesday 20.12.2023 it shows an error:The program has problems during initialization. Please check your system environment again according to the troubleshooting...
  7. Drop box to SharePoint online migration without using third party tools

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drop box to SharePoint online migration without using third party tools: I want to migrate client environment from drop box to one drive without using third party tools. Can somebody guide me what free tools are available for the same also what is the other approach I can take through coding....
  8. Drop box to SharePoint online migration without using third party tools

Drop box to SharePoint online migration without using third party tools: I want to migrate client environment from drop box to one drive without using third party tools. Can somebody guide me what free tools are available for the same also what is the other approach I can take through coding....
  9. Drop box to SharePoint online migration without using third party tools

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. What is the best user migration tool?

What is the best user migration tool?: When reinstalling/replacing PC's or moving PC/user to Azure, we would like to be able to keep the users complete desktop experience somehow.When a user logs in to Azure, or onto a newly deployed PC, they start with spending hours attempting to set up things visually "the way...