Windows 10: os migration

Discus and support os migration in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hi I have a gaming pc with 3 ssd slots. I am purchasing a new faster ssd but I am still going to use the old ssd on the same pc. is it possible to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EthanHobbs, Aug 14, 2019.

1. os migration

hi

I have a gaming pc with 3 ssd slots. I am purchasing a new faster ssd but I am still going to use the old ssd on the same pc. is it possible to transfer the operating system files to the faster ssd as well as the apps, games ect. can all this be done with out loosing any data or update files for the system and other programs.

thanks.

:)

EthanHobbs, Aug 14, 2019
  2. artemp00 Win User

OS migration tools

good idea but I don't want my main system located on a flash stick drive. I just want to have a new clean system and don't spend a lot of time installing all my apps

artemp00, Aug 14, 2019
  3. Depth Win User
    Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, Aug 14, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

os migration

Device could not be migrated....

Hi Henrik,

For us to isolate the issue and better assist you regarding your concern, we would like to ask some additional information:

• Does it happen every time you use video call on Skype?
    • Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried updating any drivers?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by AntonyJose on this

link

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

os migration

1. os migration - Similar Threads - migration

2. Migrating an entire data disk from Win 10 to Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migrating an entire data disk from Win 10 to Win 11: I have searched but cannot spot an answer to the same situation as mine. Sorry if I missed one :- Anyhow - Here it is. I have a new desktop PC running Windows 11. My old desktop was windows 10 with a 500Gb system disk and a 2Tb data disk. I have thought about how best to...
  3. Migrating an entire data disk from Win 10 to Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Migrating an entire data disk from Win 10 to Win 11: I have searched but cannot spot an answer to the same situation as mine. Sorry if I missed one :- Anyhow - Here it is. I have a new desktop PC running Windows 11. My old desktop was windows 10 with a 500Gb system disk and a 2Tb data disk. I have thought about how best to...
  4. Where has the setting for the dialog box "Sound - Identify Device" migrated to in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where has the setting for the dialog box "Sound - Identify Device" migrated to in Windows 11?: I'm looking to manually change what my laptop treats the device plugged into the audio jack as. I want to do the same thing that is described in the link below, but the setting has migrated somewhere in Windows 11 and I can't find...
  5. Where has the setting for the dialog box "Sound - Identify Device" migrated to in Windows 11?

Where has the setting for the dialog box "Sound - Identify Device" migrated to in Windows 11?: I'm looking to manually change what my laptop treats the device plugged into the audio jack as. I want to do the same thing that is described in the link below, but the setting has migrated somewhere in Windows 11 and I can't find...
  6. What to do with the old Windows file in HDD after migrating to SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What to do with the old Windows file in HDD after migrating to SSD?: I installed a new nVME m.2 SSD in my HP laptop and I then migrated the Windows data from HDD to SSD. I also changed the boot order from HDD to SSD. But now there exists a 200 GB Windows file in my HDD which is the old Windows boot file.Can anyone tell me If I can delete this...
  7. What to do with the old Windows file in HDD after migrating to SSD?

What to do with the old Windows file in HDD after migrating to SSD?: I installed a new nVME m.2 SSD in my HP laptop and I then migrated the Windows data from HDD to SSD. I also changed the boot order from HDD to SSD. But now there exists a 200 GB Windows file in my HDD which is the old Windows boot file.Can anyone tell me If I can delete this...
  8. Problem with USB ports "Device not migrated" since last Windows Update 23H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with USB ports "Device not migrated" since last Windows Update 23H2: I'm writing this out of desperation after hours of trying to solve the problem.Since the 23H2 update, my USB ports no longer work properly. The problem is basically a power problem, because it recognizes the devices but is unable to make them work properly.When I look at the...
  9. Problem with USB ports "Device not migrated" since last Windows Update 23H2

Problem with USB ports "Device not migrated" since last Windows Update 23H2: I'm writing this out of desperation after hours of trying to solve the problem.Since the 23H2 update, my USB ports no longer work properly. The problem is basically a power problem, because it recognizes the devices but is unable to make them work properly.When I look at the...
  10. DEVICE DISK DRIVE IS NOT MIGRATING AFTER UPDATED WINDOWS.

DEVICE DISK DRIVE IS NOT MIGRATING AFTER UPDATED WINDOWS.: Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 10-02-2024 12:29:39 Event ID: 442 Task Category: None Level: Warning Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: WIN-JLA9VFUHSHA Description: Device settings for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. close edge before apple migration

2. wbs os migration