Windows 10: os migration

Discus and support os migration in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hi I have a gaming pc with 3 ssd slots. I am purchasing a new faster ssd but I am still going to use the old ssd on the same pc. is it possible to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EthanHobbs, Aug 14, 2019 at 4:07 PM.

1. os migration

hi

I have a gaming pc with 3 ssd slots. I am purchasing a new faster ssd but I am still going to use the old ssd on the same pc. is it possible to transfer the operating system files to the faster ssd as well as the apps, games ect. can all this be done with out loosing any data or update files for the system and other programs.

thanks.

:)

2. artemp00 Win User

OS migration tools

good idea but I don't want my main system located on a flash stick drive. I just want to have a new clean system and don't spend a lot of time installing all my apps

3. Depth Win User
    Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

4. Remon Ont Win User

os migration

Device could not be migrated....

Hi Henrik,

For us to isolate the issue and better assist you regarding your concern, we would like to ask some additional information:

• Does it happen every time you use video call on Skype?
    • Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried updating any drivers?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by AntonyJose on this

link

We will wait for your response.

Thema:

os migration

1. os migration - Similar Threads - migration

2. Samsung SSD 970 EVO not migrated after Win10 May 2019 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung SSD 970 EVO not migrated after Win10 May 2019 update: Hello, I don´t know how can be this "not migrated repaired" repaired. Used Samsung NVME SSD 970EVO 1TB. Prerequisities - Win10 (10.0.18362.295), - Win10 drivers (installed recent versions), - Samsung magician (installed last valid version 5.3.1), - Samsung FW...
  3. OS Migration

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OS Migration: I have a PC that has become very slow at booting up. Sometimes it takes so long to be ready to use, I have to re-boot it again in order for it so be useable at all. It has 2 x 1TB HDDs in it & the one with the OS on it is at about 95% full. So I guess that this cold be the...
  4. FastTrack for Windows 10 deployment and other migration resources

in Windows 10 News
    FastTrack for Windows 10 deployment and other migration resources: It's time to talk about migration. Here in the Pacific Northwest, birds are enjoying the last rays of the summer sun before they fly south for a warmer fall and winter. At Microsoft, we hope the summer weather stays forever, but we are also making migration-related plans. As...
  5. Windows 10 pro on new SSD and leaveWindows 7 Pro on HDD while migrating files? Can both OS...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 pro on new SSD and leaveWindows 7 Pro on HDD while migrating files? Can both OS...: I have an older Dell Optiplex 790 with a quad-core i5 - a really great machine and a great chassis. I have chosen to update/upgrade it rather than just purchasing something new - which is not in our budget right now. Is is possible to clean install the Windows 10...
  6. Auto Approval for the Machines which needs to be Migrated from Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Auto Approval for the Machines which needs to be Migrated from Windows 7 to Windows 10: Hi Guys, Good Evening !! Here is the thing on which I need ideas and help from you guys. Presently we are in that phase where we are migrating all the machines from Windows 7 to Windows 10. For this we are using windows 10 dashboard to approve the assets which are ready...
  7. Migrate Outlook to current Outlook?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Migrate Outlook to current Outlook?: I've performed an in place upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 on a relatives ex lease business notebook. I wanted to perform an upgrade first and evaluate what would be required for an eventual clean Win 10 install to an SSD. As an ex lease machine it appears to have an old MS...
  8. Migrating windows to a new pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Migrating windows to a new pc: Hi, I have an old 32 bit PC with Windows Pro 10 ver 1903 on it. It comes up as "Retail Channel" when I do the slmgr -dli command. If I want to replace the Pc with a new build , can I move the Windows 10 to it? As well can I change it to 64Bit? If so how would you go...
  9. ADATA SX8200 960GB M.2 NVMe -- Unable to boot Windows 10, "not migrated due to partial or...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ADATA SX8200 960GB M.2 NVMe -- Unable to boot Windows 10, "not migrated due to partial or...: Hello, I'm having a bit of trouble with a new M.2 NVMe SSD I bought a few days ago, and hoping someone may have a bit of insight. I was able to get Windows 10 installed on the new drive; however, on restart I get the following error: "Reboot and Select proper Boot...
  10. My External Hard Drive Is Showing Up In Disk Management But Not Present (Migrated)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My External Hard Drive Is Showing Up In Disk Management But Not Present (Migrated): [ATTACH] [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] Hello All, Thank you in advance for your support. I have had this 1TB IOmega HDD for like 10 years. It worked just fine until about 2016. I had recently moved and didn't really need it so it just kind of hung around the house...