Windows 10: OS Migration

Discus and support OS Migration in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a PC that has become very slow at booting up. Sometimes it takes so long to be ready to use, I have to re-boot it again in order for it so be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tim Gosling, Aug 15, 2019.

1. OS Migration

I have a PC that has become very slow at booting up. Sometimes it takes so long to be ready to use, I have to re-boot it again in order for it so be useable at all. It has 2 x 1TB HDDs in it & the one with the OS on it is at about 95% full. So I guess that this cold be the reason it is so slow to get going.

• Would it improve it at all if I was to migrate the OS onto an SSD?
    • Is it possible to migrate the OS alone to the SSD & leave all the data on the HDD?
    • If it is, what then happens to the OS on the HDD?
    • Also what happens to access to existing data in Windows folders like Documents, music etc?

So many questions.

This is probably in the wrong section but I couldn't find anything appropriate.

:)

Tim Gosling, Aug 15, 2019
  2. artemp00 Win User

OS migration tools

good idea but I don't want my main system located on a flash stick drive. I just want to have a new clean system and don't spend a lot of time installing all my apps

artemp00, Aug 15, 2019
  3. Depth Win User
    Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, Aug 15, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

OS Migration

Device could not be migrated....

Hi Henrik,

For us to isolate the issue and better assist you regarding your concern, we would like to ask some additional information:

• Does it happen every time you use video call on Skype?
    • Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried updating any drivers?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by AntonyJose on this

link

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

OS Migration

1. OS Migration - Similar Threads - Migration

2. Need assistance on setting permission for an os migration (SeDebugPrivilege,...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need assistance on setting permission for an os migration (SeDebugPrivilege,...: Hello, How do I set my account to allow for these permissions in order to perform an os migration? SeDebugPrivilege SeRestorePrivilegem SeSecurityPrivilege The exact error message from the migration software was: "This user does not have elevated security privileges...
  3. SSD Device was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSD Device was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match: Hi, Clone a HP laptop SSD (512Gb) with another SSD (512Gb) to replace the onboard SSD which was failing short test but running OK. Replace the lap top with clone SSD and it can boot and operate OK except when idle, the HDD light remain on. Checking with Device Manger, it...
  4. SSD device not migrated due to partila or ambiguous match

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSD device not migrated due to partila or ambiguous match: Hi, I just clone a SSD (512Gb) to replace the SSD(512Gb) on my HP laptop which failed short test but running OK. Both brand of SSD are Micron. Replace the on board SSD to the clone SSD and able to boot up and operate no problem. Only issue is the HDD (SSD) light stay on...
  5. I need to upgrade my mechanical hdd with ssd How do I migrate the Windows OS with losing...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I need to upgrade my mechanical hdd with ssd How do I migrate the Windows OS with losing...: I intend to upgrade my mechanical hdd to a proper 480 ssd, I have genuine windows installled on my PC and my laptop does not have a dual drive. How do I migrate my OS? Please Help! I don't wanna lose my licence....
  6. Migration from Windows 8 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Migration from Windows 8 to Windows 10: I had Windows 8 (OEM supplied) when I purchased my system and thereafter migrated to Windows 10 free of cost. Now i need to reload windows 10, as there seems to be some operational problem with the Windows 10. So how do I get the digital license of my Windows 10...
  7. Migrated OS not setting window sizes correctly for HD display

in Windows 10 Support
    Migrated OS not setting window sizes correctly for HD display: I've migrated my old OS to a new machine with an HD display. There is one remaining problem with the install. The default window sizes for apps, as well as system windows is too small. Some programs seem to remember their corrected sizes, but others, including the windows...
  8. Trying to migrate Mail from Vista machine to one with Win10

in Browsers and Email
    Trying to migrate Mail from Vista machine to one with Win10: For a relative who had for years been running Win Mail on her VIsta machine ... She acquired a new machine with Windows 10 installed and I assisted with migrating all data over. Regarding the Mail system, I opened Mail on the Vista machine and clicked Export for all her Mail...
  9. Migration assistant

in Windows 10 Customization
    Migration assistant: I am not able to install migration assistant on my Windows 10 computer. I keep getting the message that I need to close down Edge but it is not open. I have installed and uninstalled migration assistant many times including shutting down my computer and restarting it...
  10. how do i migrate ONLY the os to a smaller ssd than my hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do i migrate ONLY the os to a smaller ssd than my hard drive: i got a new ssd and i want IT to be only a boot drive and my hdd to be for general storage.i got Aomei,i press on migrate os i select the 120 gb ssd that i have and it says that i need around 300 gb more (my hdd is 1tb and i have only used 300 gb) i looked online to see how...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Office 365 Migration