Windows 10: OS moved ALL my photos, videos, etc (except a few documents) to the bin, without havin a...

Discus and support OS moved ALL my photos, videos, etc (except a few documents) to the bin, without havin a... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Mainly it's private stuff, so nothing very important at all, but losing >5k photos of the past years just for such a stupid reason like Windows does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nellox7, Dec 9, 2019.

1. OS moved ALL my photos, videos, etc (except a few documents) to the bin, without havin a...

Mainly it's private stuff, so nothing very important at all, but losing >5k photos of the past years just for such a stupid reason like Windows does such A LOT of BULLSHIT.

(sry 4 rage) So this dumb OS took files from 3 different harddrives and moved all of them to the bin. but just photos / videos and music, no text documents.

If i try to rebuild all items from the bin, he instantly tells me: "error drive not found". The drives work all fine and are all shown in the explorer. So ,it seems like ,the only way to rescue most of the files is, doing it manually with every damn single file.

I didn't even touch those old photos since i stored them there. Today i came back home and just noticed missing folders in the explorer overview.

I appreciate any Ideas (how & why OS did this) and solutions u might have. Thanks a lot.

PS: going to switch to linux asap, but need that files now OS moved ALL my photos, videos, etc (except a few documents) to the bin, without havin a... :(

submitted by /u/nellox7
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nellox7, Dec 9, 2019
  2. Jan Del Win User

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Dec 9, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Suddenly, Documents folder has moved to Downloads

We appreciate the details you've provided. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to move your Documents Folder Location in Windows 10:

• You need to create a new folder named Documents at the location you want to move your personal Documents folder.
    • Press Win + E to open File Explorer, right-click
      Documents, and select Properties.
    • Select the Location tab and click the Move button.
    • Browse and select the new Documents folder at the location you want to move the folder Documents. Click the
      Select Folder.
    • Click OK to apply.
    • Click Yes to move all the files from the old location to the new location.
    • Your personal Documents folder and all of its contents will now be moved to the new location.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Dec 9, 2019
  4. OS moved ALL my photos, videos, etc (except a few documents) to the bin, without havin a...

how to save scanned photos and documents to computer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to give permission for entire system, so that you can save the files in photos and documents.

• Right click on the folder and click on properties.
    • Click on security tab and select the group\user name.
    • Click on edit option and check the option full control.
    • Click on apply and then on ok button.
    Now you can try saving the file in photos and documents and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

OS moved ALL my photos, videos, etc (except a few documents) to the bin, without havin a...

1. OS moved ALL my photos, videos, etc (except a few documents) to the bin, without havin a... - Similar Threads - moved photos videos

2. moving videos to photo

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    moving videos to photo: Hello, How do I move my videos from movies and videos to photos so I can edit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-videos-to-photo/715e81ad-09b1-4c55-a7d3-250e17cb3b0d"
  3. Emblems for Assigned Documents, Pictures, Videos, etc. Folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Emblems for Assigned Documents, Pictures, Videos, etc. Folders: Hello! I just reassigned my default Pictures, Videos, Documents, etc. folders to folders on my secondary drive to save space on my performance drive. All the little emblems updated for each folder, except for the Pictures and Documents folders, and my OCD isn't liking it....
  4. Moving Documents

Moving Documents: I am trying to relocate my Documents folder to an external drive. To do this I have been going to Documents>Properties>Location and then choosing a folder on the external drive as the desired location for my Documents folder. I get the typical, "Microsoft recommends moving...
  5. Where did all my photos and documents go?

Where did all my photos and documents go?: Yesterday when I shut my computer down everything was fine. Today I turned on my computer and all my photos and documents are gone ,and my display background has changed. Where did all my stuff go and how do I get it back? This is a little unsettling. Is my computer that...
  6. Moving my Documents folder

Moving my Documents folder: Having an issue with space on my C:\ drive, so in Users\Tom\ right clicking on the Documents folder, clicking on the Location tab and selecting "Move". Filled in the new location N:\Users\Tom\Documents. System replied with a confirmation window confirming Old location and New...
  7. ownership of my documents and photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ownership of my documents and photos: I'm troubled that any documents I create on my Lenovo, running Windows 10, and any photos I load in are put somewhere, not in my documents or photos, and then sent to the cloud, where I understand that I have to pay for the storage. I am not able to prevent what I consider...
  8. Help with folder permissions for Pics, Videos, Documents etc

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Help with folder permissions for Pics, Videos, Documents etc: You might want to check out this tutorial also Move Users Folder Location in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials
  9. OneDrive Syncing with Local Documents/Pictures/Videos/Etc Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Syncing with Local Documents/Pictures/Videos/Etc Folders: Hello all, I've been searching for the last couple of weeks and haven't exactly found what I am looking for--I may need a third party app, but we shall see. I have two computers--a desktop and a laptop, both running Windows 10 Pro. My desktop's storage is basically...
  10. Recycle Bin is all over the Pictures and Videos folders

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Recycle Bin is all over the Pictures and Videos folders: The Recycle bin is meant to be in the root of the local hard drives, yet when I opened the properties for it, why does it look like this: [img] 92913