Windows 10: OS moved ALL my photos, videos, etc (except a few documents) to the bin, without havin a...

Discus and support OS moved ALL my photos, videos, etc (except a few documents) to the bin, without havin a... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Mainly it's private stuff, so nothing very important at all, but losing >5k photos of the past years just for such a stupid reason like Windows does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nellox7, Dec 9, 2019.

1. OS moved ALL my photos, videos, etc (except a few documents) to the bin, without havin a...

Mainly it's private stuff, so nothing very important at all, but losing >5k photos of the past years just for such a stupid reason like Windows does such A LOT of BULLSHIT.

(sry 4 rage) So this dumb OS took files from 3 different harddrives and moved all of them to the bin. but just photos / videos and music, no text documents.

If i try to rebuild all items from the bin, he instantly tells me: "error drive not found". The drives work all fine and are all shown in the explorer. So ,it seems like ,the only way to rescue most of the files is, doing it manually with every damn single file.

I didn't even touch those old photos since i stored them there. Today i came back home and just noticed missing folders in the explorer overview.

I appreciate any Ideas (how & why OS did this) and solutions u might have. Thanks a lot.

PS: going to switch to linux asap, but need that files now OS moved ALL my photos, videos, etc (except a few documents) to the bin, without havin a... :(

submitted by /u/nellox7
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nellox7, Dec 9, 2019
  2. Jan Del Win User

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Dec 9, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Suddenly, Documents folder has moved to Downloads

We appreciate the details you've provided. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to move your Documents Folder Location in Windows 10:

• You need to create a new folder named Documents at the location you want to move your personal Documents folder.
    • Press Win + E to open File Explorer, right-click
      Documents, and select Properties.
    • Select the Location tab and click the Move button.
    • Browse and select the new Documents folder at the location you want to move the folder Documents. Click the
      Select Folder.
    • Click OK to apply.
    • Click Yes to move all the files from the old location to the new location.
    • Your personal Documents folder and all of its contents will now be moved to the new location.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Dec 9, 2019
  4. OS moved ALL my photos, videos, etc (except a few documents) to the bin, without havin a...

how to save scanned photos and documents to computer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to give permission for entire system, so that you can save the files in photos and documents.

• Right click on the folder and click on properties.
    • Click on security tab and select the group\user name.
    • Click on edit option and check the option full control.
    • Click on apply and then on ok button.
    Now you can try saving the file in photos and documents and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

OS moved ALL my photos, videos, etc (except a few documents) to the bin, without havin a...

1. OS moved ALL my photos, videos, etc (except a few documents) to the bin, without havin a... - Similar Threads - moved photos videos

2. files that is videos photos documents etc wont open when transferred from an external...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    files that is videos photos documents etc wont open when transferred from an external...: I bought an external SSD 16T transferred videos photos documents from an external HDD 4T wont open they are not copied well?this message is shown for the videos This file isn't playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or...
  3. files that is videos photos documents etc wont open when transferred from an external...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    files that is videos photos documents etc wont open when transferred from an external...: I bought an external SSD 16T transferred videos photos documents from an external HDD 4T wont open they are not copied well?this message is shown for the videos This file isn't playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or...
  4. files that is videos photos documents etc wont open when transferred from an external...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. All main folders (Documents etc) in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All main folders (Documents etc) in OneDrive: I've never setup OneDrive to back anything up, it's not even installed on my computer. My Documents, Downloads, Desktop, etc. are in my This PC directory, but the actual file path has OneDrive in it. (Everything is in C:/Users/MyUser/OneDrive). I have existing folders for all...
  6. Can't open photos, videos, mails etc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open photos, videos, mails etc: Earlier today, I noticed that I was unable to view photos or watch videos...Why? I don't know. I took a look at the default apps in the settings and I saw something like 'MS-resources'. This computer is fairly new and I don't know why I am unable to excess photos. I...
  7. Need to move OS without moving games to a ssd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need to move OS without moving games to a ssd: I need to move the operating system from my hdd to my ssd but I don’t want to move any of my games as my ssd is only 500 gigs, so only windows 10 but I have no idea how to do it if anyone has an idea or has done it before than plz help me, my ssd is sata and already has some...
  8. Moving Documents/Pictures/etc folders between drives

Moving Documents/Pictures/etc folders between drives: I've recently got a new laptop with SSD and HDD. When the laptop arrived, all the user library folders such as Documents, Pictures etc were set up to be on the C: drive SSD, all linked to OneDrive. I wanted to move them on the the HDD, which is something I've managed fine on...
  9. move os and all my setting and files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    move os and all my setting and files: I bought a new computer and I would like to move EveryThing OS, files, progames form my old computer Windows 10 Pro, to my New Computer windows Home. My old drives will not fit in or even plug in to my new computer, so thats out. Any Help!...
  10. moving videos to photo

moving videos to photo: Hello, How do I move my videos from movies and videos to photos so I can edit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-videos-to-photo/715e81ad-09b1-4c55-a7d3-250e17cb3b0d"