Windows 10: OS re-install with option to remove all files - Now OneDrive files are gone

Discus and support OS re-install with option to remove all files - Now OneDrive files are gone in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was reinstalling my WindowsBacked up my personal files to my OneDrive Started the OS re installation with option to remove all files from the PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by amgguti, Jul 26, 2021.

1. amgguti Win User

OS re-install with option to remove all files - Now OneDrive files are gone

I was reinstalling my WindowsBacked up my personal files to my OneDrive Started the OS re installation with option to remove all files from the PC because I want a clean installation Issue - the above process also deleted all files from my OneDrive. The Recycle bin is also empty. Its as if I have a new OneDrive. How can I get my files back?

:)

amgguti, Jul 26, 2021
  2. Drone Win User

Remove an OS installation without removing files?

There's no way to keep files and delete OS without installing a new OS. You can create a new partition on that drive, drop your files there and format partition with OS.

Drone, Jul 26, 2021
  3. Remove an OS installation without removing files?

Its been a while since I did this sort of thing and I need help, I bought an 120gb SSD(Crucial M500) and will install windows 8 on it to be my boot OS/Drive later,

however I still have my very old Windows 7 installed on my 1TB drive(still currently my boot drive). I plan to keep most of the files in that Drive, but not the actual OS itself.. and I don't plan on dual booting, how can I remove the windows 7 on the 1TB Drive but still keep the non-OS files in there for backup purposes while I'm still setting up my new OS?

lyndonguitar, Jul 26, 2021
  4. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Jul 26, 2021
Thema:

1. OS re-install with option to remove all files - Now OneDrive files are gone - Similar Threads - install option remove

2. remove Onedrive files

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove Onedrive files: I've reset my laptop to be ready to give it away, but I had to log in to my MS account to complete the Windows install. Now my files on Onedrive are available on the laptop, even though I changed to a local sign-in. How do I get my Onedrive files off the laptop? I don't want...
  3. Onedrive share options are gone

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Onedrive share options are gone: Hello. I have win10 64bit home. I use the OneDrive app I got from the MS store. I have just seen that any and all "Share" and "get link" options are gone. Why? Now I can only generate a link and share via a web browser when I go to OneDrive through my outlook/hotmail...
  4. All my files are gone!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All my files are gone!: WHen I was on my Computer on Thursday everything was fine, but when I went on today, I saw my Logitech and my capture files are empty, I didnt do anything and When I clicked on it It says that I needed to connect to network or Insert a disk. PLEASE PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT TO...
  5. ALL OF MY FILES ARE GONE

ALL OF MY FILES ARE GONE: so i turned on my laptop only to see that half the stuff i had is gone the list of stuff that is gone: -all of my personal files dating back to december 2020 -most of my games -my apps -my desktop wallpaper -discord -all of my garry's mod addons 157 files -my puro...
  6. Remove files from OneDrive?

Remove files from OneDrive?: Latest update to W10. I mistakenly put some files into OneDrive that I don't want in a cloud. When I tried to remove them, I got a notice that I'd also be removing them from my hard drive. Could have been that the files weren't fully loaded to the cloud at that time. Anyway,...
  7. All files gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All files gone: Yesterday I ran Ccleaner to remove duplicate items, everything was fine, but today I logged in and all my files are gone. There was a message Dc_wff.dll, I disabled tp-link and that issue was solved, but my files are still gone. I ran EaseUS, it found all my missing files, I...
  8. Desktop files gone with OneDrive

Desktop files gone with OneDrive: One day I was scrolling through YouTube and stumbled upon a Windows 10 opt. video and decided to follow the steps. The video showed a program that debloats Windows 10 and it had an option to remove OneDrive so I clicked on it, because I didn't know it was linked with any of...
  9. Removing files from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removing files from OneDrive: How do I remove files from OneDrive without removing them from my computer? I don't have to have everything on my computer backed up to One Drive. How do I stop that from happening?...
  10. Sync to OneDrive- all files, including OS!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sync to OneDrive- all files, including OS!!: I turned on Sync to OneDrive, thinking it would just put my personal documents on One Drive. However, it is at this moment copying all the system files to OneDrive. I don't want this. How do I stop? How do I just sync the few personnal files I have on a laptop?...