Windows 10: OS selection menu not showing

Discus and support OS selection menu not showing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have windows 10 along with windows 7 installed. The problem is that it never shows the os selection menu and always boots into windows 10, never... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AbhiKr, Aug 14, 2018.

1. AbhiKr Win User

OS selection menu not showing

I have windows 10 along with windows 7 installed. The problem is that it never shows the os selection menu and always boots into windows 10, never windows 7.

When i change system configuration a little (for example, changing time for wich menu is shown) it shows again for single time and then, again boots into windows 10 only.

The same is happening for many time now.

One more thing, windows 10 boot time is good but when i boot into windows 10, when i previously did it with windows 7,boot time is very very slow.

How can i solve this issue?

Thanls for help!!....

:)

AbhiKr, Aug 14, 2018
  2. jmcslob Win User

What do you want from the next Windows OS?

I'll word my suggestion better
    From the Start Menu I want the same Log off/sleep/ switch user drop down menu except I want an additional drop down menu for switch users which will list the USER Desktop you want to go to instead of clicking switch USER then going to the USER selection screen then selecting the USER

jmcslob, Aug 14, 2018
  3. damtachoa Win User
    4870x2 won't display at 1680x1050 at all!

OK. Now I know what ur problem is. Step by step:
    1. Go to Catalyst Control Center
    2. Click on the word "Graphic" right on top left corner. It will display drop down menu
    3. Click on Display monitor and will see the list of monitor at near bottom
    4. Right Click the monitor and select "Configure". It will show up the window
    5. There will be 3 option to select. Select the middle one and then click on the tab which show the bar with 15%.
    6. Drag the bar to max, and the screen will stretch to the native resolution 1680x1050.
    7. Also click the tab with showing RGB drop down list and select the last one (it will change to image quality for pc).
    That's it. Good Luck.

damtachoa, Aug 14, 2018
  4. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Thema:

1. OS selection menu not showing - Similar Threads - selection menu showing

2. using keys on selection menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    using keys on selection menu: i use phone link in windows 10 when making a call sometimes you have to make a selection with typing a key : 1 for english 2 for dutch ..these key strokes from windows are possible to type but not accepted by listener is there a setting for this or is this not possible ?Guy...
  3. Boot menu shows up when I select "Restart"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot menu shows up when I select "Restart": Whenever I select "Restart" on my HP laptop, a boot menu comes up that asks me whether I want to shut down Windows 10. There are some other options that show up too, like a Safe Mode option. What should I do to get the computer to restart normally?...
  4. Boot menu shows up when I select "Restart"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot menu shows up when I select "Restart": Whenever I select "Restart" on my HP laptop, a boot menu comes up that asks me whether I want to shut down Windows 10. There are some other options that show up too, like a Safe Mode option. What should I do to get the computer to restart normally?...
  5. Boot menu shows up when I select "Restart"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. context menu selection color

in Windows 10 Customization
    context menu selection color: So recently something has changed in Windows 10 that has caused the color of items I've selected to be barely different than the color of non-selected items. This happens in both context menus and even in apps. I think this change started with the 20H2 release. It's happened...
  7. Autoscroll/selecting in start menu

Autoscroll/selecting in start menu: Hi Guys, Whenever I open my start menu in windows 10, the 'selection' automatically scrolls from the top of the Recently Added section, all the way left to the tiles section before settling on the last tile of the bottom row. It does this every time and doesn't respond to...
  8. headphone selection menu

headphone selection menu: A menu used to appear when I plugged my headphones into my laptop that asked what size headphones they were large, med, small, and had some items selecting microphones, etc. I accidently touched a button that told it not to show the menu anymore. How can I get it back?...
  9. menu selected items (blue?)

menu selected items (blue?): So.. is it blue, by default? Not possible to change ? I hate this baby-blue color.... [img] 11638
  10. OS Boot Selection Screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OS Boot Selection Screen: Hi there reader/expert, More a question than an actual problem. I have a dual boot system with both 8.1x64 and 10x64 on my 240GB SSD and I always used to have a nice boot selection screen in blue, like on the right side of the picture (something I grabbed from the inet)....