Windows 10: OS text and menus missing after 1903 updates.

Discus and support OS text and menus missing after 1903 updates. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After installing the following updates after a 100% fresh 1903 Windows Install: KB: 4503293 4503308 4497932 4495620 2267602 890830 Text in UI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ToddWolven, Jun 15, 2019.

1. OS text and menus missing after 1903 updates.

After installing the following updates after a 100% fresh 1903 Windows Install:

KB:

Text in UI disappears and WILL NOT SHOW UP FOR a random amount of time. You can force it to show up by opening 4 different "Windows Apps". This is very frustrating.

Please see:

MSI Afterburner UI: http://prntscr.com/o27acz

File Explorer: http://prntscr.com/o27agt

WinVer Command: http://prntscr.com/o27avw

MSConfig Command: http://prntscr.com/o27b3l

Run Command: http://prntscr.com/o27b94

Task Manager: http://prntscr.com/o27bd3

I have run SFC scans, DISM fixes, run the Update Troubleshooter to uninstall these updates, and the issue remains.

The only way to make the issue disappear is to REINSTALL Windows 1903 fresh from ISO.....but then the problem shows back up again after updating!

:)

ToddWolven, Jun 15, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jun 15, 2019
  3. Files missing from "Start Menu" "All Programs"

RE: WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 32bit, Files missing from "Start Menu" "All Programs" list.

I have several "start menu" programs missing in my "all programs" list. One of the missing entries is the "accessories" folder and all related files.

As far as I can tell all of the missing files are on the system and they can be found by using the "start menu search" facility. This problem is occurring with other users but I can not find a solution which works to get things back the way they were after installing the OS.

I am seeing the missing apps and other items at this location in iexplore.exe %allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs .

Everything I have tried to get these items back into my "start menu" "all programs" list has been met with failure except creating a shortcut. A shortcut is not the real fix as it leaves two entries in the folder.

When I right click on the highlighted "all Programs" box, in the start menu, a small options list pops up, if "open all users" is selected a new window pops up. Inside that window I can click on the programs folder where I can see the missing entries that should appear on my "all programs" list plus those which I presently see on my "all programs" list together in a single directory listing.

How can I get the above directory list of programs back into the "start menu" "all programs" area so I do not have to go through this extra window and select the programs folder to locate what I wish to run?

I also noticed my accessories folder has a lock on it while I am in the primary user administrator account. If you know how to get rid of the lock it would be helpful however I can find that information when I get a chance to look up the answer?

I noticed some hidden (first tier) folders on the C: drive which I made visible while leaving protection on the OS folders. I can now see these folders in an iexplore.exe directory listing. This did not fix the problem in the "all programs" file selection list and I do not remember if this folder was hidden when the OS was installed.

When I opened up the system to allow a login directly into the Administrator account everything shows up the same as it did when the OS installed along with all other programs installed afterward.

After some progress I am still here *Bang Head :banghead: and slowly getting closer to an answer. Can anyone help me get there a little faster?

N9ZN-Extra, Jun 15, 2019
  4. OS text and menus missing after 1903 updates.

Menu has changed after 1903 Update

Greetings,

I installed the 1903 Update and now I noticed two entries at the bottom of my start menu. See screen shot for clarity of this.

Any suggestions to remove or why they are showing up there?

Thank you,

Windowsfree, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

OS text and menus missing after 1903 updates.

1. OS text and menus missing after 1903 updates. - Similar Threads - text menus missing

2. Menus Texts Disappear After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Menus Texts Disappear After Windows Update: Today after I updated my Windows from the regular scheduled update, my all the captions and context menus are now invisible see screenshot below. I am wondering what's the remedy to fix the problem? I am using a Surface Go....
  3. After Windows 10 update, text missing from icons, menus, etc in apps, on desktop, Windows...

After Windows 10 update, text missing from icons, menus, etc in apps, on desktop, Windows...: This happened June 10. Within a few hours, I tried to restore but couldn't because Windows automatically deleted the files needed to do so! My computer currently says I have Windows 10 Home, Version 2004, OS Build 19041.1052 with Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0.I...
  4. Missing file after update to Windows 10 1903

Missing file after update to Windows 10 1903: After updating to the latest version of Windows and logging in, this message immediately comes up on my desktop: RunDLL There was a problem starting C:\System32\LogiLDA.dll The specified module could not be found. How can I find this module on my computer -- or update...
  5. Windows Update History Missing after Update 1903

Windows Update History Missing after Update 1903: After updating to Windows 10 version 1903, all update history is missing. Is there a away to restore it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-history-missing-after-update-1903/2181471a-53e1-4fe7-9cec-67d6ac3dd05a
  6. Missing screen resolutions after WIN10 1903 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing screen resolutions after WIN10 1903 update: I have an older Sony portable PC with a Core2 Duo CPU and Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset (MS WDDM 1.1) (GMA 4500MDH) video. This PC still meets my needs and the screen quality is still far better than the vast majority of portable PCs being sold today. This PC ran...
  7. Missing screen resolutions after WIN10 1903 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Missing screen resolutions after WIN10 1903 update: I have an older Sony portable PC with a Core2 Duo CPU and Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset (MS WDDM 1.1) (GMA 4500MDH) video. This PC still meets my needs and the screen quality is still far better than the vast majority of portable PCs being sold today. This PC ran...
  8. Taskbar "right click" context menus disappear after 1903 update

Taskbar "right click" context menus disappear after 1903 update: The right click context menus disappear after I upgraded to Win 10 1903. This seems like a common theme for all recent 7+ versions post updates. I have read every article. 1) It is not corrupted system files, or at least a through check and resolve of these does not fix...
  9. Text that disappears from menus

in Windows 10 Support
    Text that disappears from menus: Hey, I have a strange problem with text that disappears in all kinds of software I use. Sometimes it disappears completely and sometimes becomes strange symbols as in the picture attached. * I have Windows 10 on a stationary computer. I scanned for viruses and everything look...
  10. Text in right click menus on taskbar missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Text in right click menus on taskbar missing: I think this is related to tiles disappearing on the start menu. It feels like a graphic bug. But I'm not sure. [img] 25411