Windows 10: OS update caused Windows-10 to lock up after 20-30 minutes

Discus and support OS update caused Windows-10 to lock up after 20-30 minutes in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; An OS update from about a week or two ago caused headphone audio out to go dead (even though the control panel does see the signal) AND Windows-10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Crunch3c58, Feb 5, 2019.

1. OS update caused Windows-10 to lock up after 20-30 minutes

An OS update from about a week or two ago caused headphone audio out to go dead (even though the control panel does see the signal) AND Windows-10 locks up after 20-30 minutes, regardless of activity. Need suggestions for resolving these issues.

:)

Crunch3c58, Feb 5, 2019

2. USB Headsets stop working after 10-30 minutes

My sound quits after about 10-30 minutes after playing Far Cry 2 and CS:GO for 20-30 minutes. There are no symptoms of any kind before the sound stops working. It works just fine when I exit to windows and relaunch the games. In CS:GO changing the speaker configuration from headphones to 2 speakers or any other configuration fixes the problem, though it recurs anywhere from 10-30 minutes later. In Far Cry 2 which doesn't have any options beyond adjusting volume, I have to relaunch the game and all is well for 20-30 minutes. I'm running a fresh installation of Windows 7 and have tried different USB headsets (Logitech H 390 and Arctic P531) both of which give me the same issue. Can anyone please help me solve this issue?

corehazard, Feb 5, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 5, 2019
  4. 7.62 Win User

OS update caused Windows-10 to lock up after 20-30 minutes

Windows updates causing lockup

Hi guys.

No, I cant even get the update screen. I cant find a answer on the internet.

Start -> all programs --> windows update --> check for updates.

10 seconds later, complete system lock up requiring a hard reboot. If I try to install a printer that needs to check windows update, same thing.

I even tried the windows update troubleshooter http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Open-the-Windows-Update-troubleshooter

Then that program 'checks for solutions online', and then hard lock again. VERY frustrating. What would be causing this?

7.62, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

OS update caused Windows-10 to lock up after 20-30 minutes

1. OS update caused Windows-10 to lock up after 20-30 minutes - Similar Threads - update caused lock

2. My WiFi doesn't work after 20-30 minutes of use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My WiFi doesn't work after 20-30 minutes of use: I have an issue with the WiFi. When I turn on my laptop and navigate in the browser, my WiFi stops working after 20–30 minutes of use, and when this problem happens, the WiFi on all the devices in my home stops working. It wasn't two days ago, and I've tried all the...
  3. My WiFi doesn't work after 20-30 minutes of use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My WiFi doesn't work after 20-30 minutes of use: I have an issue with the WiFi. When I turn on my laptop and navigate in the browser, my WiFi stops working after 20–30 minutes of use, and when this problem happens, the WiFi on all the devices in my home stops working. It wasn't two days ago, and I've tried all the...
  4. Windows boot takes about 20-30 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows boot takes about 20-30 minutes: I have this error for like 4 weeks and I think narrowed it down to some SSD driver problem. I've recorded the boot process and used performance analyzer. I found out that Boot session init phase takes the most time and freezes the boot process, the only thing going on the...
  5. Windows boot takes about 20-30 minutes

Windows boot takes about 20-30 minutes: I have this error for like 4 weeks and I think narrowed it down to some SSD driver problem. I've recorded the boot process and used performance analyzer. I found out that Boot session init phase takes the most time and freezes the boot process, the only thing going on the...
  6. Why is my game bluescreening after 20-30 minutes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my game bluescreening after 20-30 minutes?: Hey, this has happened to me many times before but now its a different error. This time i tried playing Paladins on Steam. The last time i played Paladins was on, if i'm not mistaken, the Epic Games Launcher. That crashed as well. This is the new error i'm getting: "If you...
  7. Why is my game bluescreening after 20-30 minutes?

Why is my game bluescreening after 20-30 minutes?: Hey, this has happened to me many times before but now its a different error. This time i tried playing Paladins on Steam. The last time i played Paladins was on, if i'm not mistaken, the Epic Games Launcher. That crashed as well. This is the new error i'm getting: "If you...
  8. Laptop becomes extremely slow after 20 - 30 minutes on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop becomes extremely slow after 20 - 30 minutes on startup: After i start my pc i hop on my gamerobox now im at 100-143 frames then 20 - 30 minutes i spike to 22 frames on small servers.I tried everythingI factory reset my laptopChanged battery plan to high performanceUsed my laptops graphics driveri have always usedReinstalled...
  9. Laptop becomes extremely slow after 20 - 30 minutes on startup

Laptop becomes extremely slow after 20 - 30 minutes on startup: After i start my pc i hop on my gamerobox now im at 100-143 frames then 20 - 30 minutes i spike to 22 frames on small servers.I tried everythingI factory reset my laptopChanged battery plan to high performanceUsed my laptops graphics driveri have always usedReinstalled...
  10. 30 OCT 20 Windows 10 update caused problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    30 OCT 20 Windows 10 update caused problems: On the evening of 30 OCT 20, I was subject to a long 1 hour, 19 minutes Windows 10 update, which has screwed up my computer function in several ways. 1. evidently it contained or awakened some 16-bit app that won't run on my 64-bit computer 2013 Dell 2350 All-in-one...