Windows 10: OS Windows 10 DVD/CD-ROM drive no longer listed in Windows Explorer screen, Why? FIX?

Discus and support OS Windows 10 DVD/CD-ROM drive no longer listed in Windows Explorer screen, Why? FIX? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; DEVICE MANAGER: DVD/CD-ROM / MATSHITA BD-CMB UJ160 NO yellow triangle caution icons DVD/CD E:/ drive just stopped showing up in File Explorer and PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JamesCrum, Apr 9, 2019.

1. JamesCrum Win User

OS Windows 10 DVD/CD-ROM drive no longer listed in Windows Explorer screen, Why? FIX?

DEVICE MANAGER: DVD/CD-ROM / MATSHITA BD-CMB UJ160 NO yellow triangle caution icons
    DVD/CD E:/ drive just stopped showing up in File Explorer and PC screen left menus.

You know, it uses to show in the left side menu screen under the C: & D; drives. And if something is in it, it displays or shows us what it is. That’s stopped working for some reason. Okay, not to blame or say for certain, but seems like every time I get another Microsoft update, things go wrong and stop working as before. So, I came to the experts in the Microsoft Community to find a fix, if at all. And for some reason, I can’t get my Myst – REVELATION Game to load off the CD which started all of this off because this was when I noticed the issue with the Explorer File menu and it not showing up. Oh, and every other Myst CD game loaded fine before the last one REVELATION. So, I'm not ruling out a possible issue with the Game CD, but that seems unlikely related to the Explorer File menu problem. Nothing shows up when Run screen E:\ No items in your search. This is with the Game CD loaded However, when I first load the CD it makes spinning and clicking noises for a sort bit and then just stops.

And because I know it will be asked: I'm running Microsoft Windows 10 Version 1803 Build (OS Build 17134.667 No, I haven't changed any hardware or software. And the DVD/CD is listed at the start here. And I'm using an ASUS Republic of Gamers Laptop.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the device drivers and got the Windows message it's the latest and best drive version. I tried a right clicking on the icon in This PC screen and click on Open the Game CD, but nothing happens.

:)

JamesCrum, Apr 9, 2019

2. CD/DVD drive no longer listed in windows explorer

My CD/DVD drive is no longer listed in windows explorer. How can I get it back?

ToddWilson1, Apr 9, 2019
  3. DVD/CD Drive Saying CD-Rom

My Dvd drive is listed in my device manager however it is set as cd rom in the description, it also wont open and is not set as my default drive, any suggestions?

windows 10 if that changes anything

LukeRobson, Apr 9, 2019
  4. RLRehm Win User

OS Windows 10 DVD/CD-ROM drive no longer listed in Windows Explorer screen, Why? FIX?

Windows 7 Professional keeps dropping the DVD/CD drive

Working with a fresh install (2nd attempt) of Windows 7 Professional on new hardware. The motherboard is a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P. Running 4G of RAM and an Intel Q9400 Quad Core CPU. The DVD/CD optical drive is a Pioneer DVR-218L.

Here's the problem - after two fresh installs, Windows 7 drops the DVD/CD drive and I get the following error in Device Manager (The device cannot start {code 10}). After the install, the drive works for a period of time, then stops working and I get the error code.

The driver appears to be a standard Windows driver (CD-ROM driver).

I've tried uninstalling the drive and re-installing it in Device Manager but it does not work - I continue to get the device error.

I've also swapped out the DVD/CD drive to insure it's not a bad unit. Same problem with both drives.

What do you suggest for next steps?? Could it be an issue with the motherboard?? A driver problem?

I visited the Pioneer web site - could not find any help or additional Windows 7 drivers.

What now??

RLRehm, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

1. OS Windows 10 DVD/CD-ROM drive no longer listed in Windows Explorer screen, Why? FIX? - Similar Threads - DVD ROM drive

2. CD/DVD Rom

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD/DVD Rom: On My Windows 10 Dell Computer My CD/DVD Don't Work No CD's Or DVD's Will Play Is There A Driver Missing What Can Be The Problem ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-rom/6e54509b-68b3-4134-aa08-365459368b93
  3. CD/DVD-Rom not showing in Windows explorer

CD/DVD-Rom not showing in Windows explorer: My built in CD/DVD drive on my laptop is not showing up in Windows explorer I've tried fixing it in Device manager following instructions online , but nothing seems to work. When I check for driver updates, a Windows message states that the best driver for this device is...
  4. DVD/CD-ROM drive

DVD/CD-ROM drive: After Win 10 ran update on 31 May 2020, my DVD/CD-ROM drive disappeared from My PC devices. It runs if I insert a disc, but it doesn't play. Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the registry is incomplete or damaged. Code 19...
  5. DVD/CD-ROM drives not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD/CD-ROM drives not working: Will not play CD. I've tried Update driver, Uninstall driver, Disable driver, scan for a hardware change, restarted computer. Checked for Updates. DVD/CD-ROM drives show an error. does this relate to any past Windows updates?...
  6. DVD/CD Rom Drive

DVD/CD Rom Drive: I have a game on a DVD in my DVD ROM Drive & want to transfer the game to my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcd-rom-drive/4534f767-eea6-4a7f-8bd2-379797ff54ec
  7. CD/DVD drive not listed in File Explorer

CD/DVD drive not listed in File Explorer: Earlier today, my cd/dvd drive disappeared from File Explorer. I insert a dvd and it spins, but nothing happens after that. I walked through some CMD prompts with support tech to no avail. I have uninstalled in Device Manager and rebooted - nada. I can see the drive in...
  8. DVD/CD ROM

DVD/CD ROM: my DVD/CD ROM missing some drives doesn't read blank discs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcd-rom/cf6ec6ea-3c4d-4f3f-889c-c1abe759469a
  9. dvd/cd rom drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    dvd/cd rom drive: I cannot get my dvd/cd rom drive to work. I have a HP Pavilion 23-q014ld all in one computer. It says all of my drivers are up to date. I tried the pin hole to manually open the door and that doesn't work. I tried all of the steps of deleting and reloading the driver and...
  10. cd rom/dvd drive error

cd rom/dvd drive error: This message coming up after windows 10 update for the dvd disk drive, Also won't come up on the device list either. Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that...