Windows 10: OS wont boot unless plugged in?

Discus and support OS wont boot unless plugged in? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; For the last few days my computer has been acting up. First it suddenly shut itself down, then wouldn't turn on, even though the battery wasn't dead at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BlakeRowan02, May 6, 2022.

1. OS wont boot unless plugged in?

For the last few days my computer has been acting up. First it suddenly shut itself down, then wouldn't turn on, even though the battery wasn't dead at the time. When I turn the computer on it has a black screen and the power light is on. I worked out that after turning it on and off a few times, I am able to enter the start up menu and then just exit again and boot as normal. But this only worked if the computer is plugged in to start with. Although once it is running I can unplug and it continues as normal. I am writing this currently on the laptop. It is a HP Pavilion Laptop 14-ce3xxx. I be

:)

BlakeRowan02, May 6, 2022
  2. SIW2 Win User

Macrium wont work unless I resize the OS partition?

O&O Diskimage:

OS wont boot unless plugged in? [​IMG]

Disk Genius ( also called partition guru)

OS wont boot unless plugged in? [​IMG]

SIW2, May 6, 2022
  3. PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, May 6, 2022
  4. X800 Win User

OS wont boot unless plugged in?

Computer wont boot

Thanks for your suggestions. But I got it working . Only thing what i had not tried was going from dp to hdmi and i got a picture. Then saved settings in bios..booted. Then i plugged all in even the dp cable , all good for now.

X800, May 6, 2022
Thema:

OS wont boot unless plugged in?

1. OS wont boot unless plugged in? - Similar Threads - wont boot unless

2. OS wont boot unless plugged in?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OS wont boot unless plugged in?: For the last few days my computer has been acting up. First it suddenly shut itself down, then wouldn't turn on, even though the battery wasn't dead at the time. When I turn the computer on it has a black screen and the power light is on. I worked out that after turning it on...
  3. Why my laptop wont turn on unless its plugged in?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why my laptop wont turn on unless its plugged in?: Windows 10.My laptop is half full battery, yet wont turn on unless its plugged-in. Once its on, it can stay on on battery without cable! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-laptop-wont-turn-on-unless-its-plugged-in/9ecf9390-efe1-4301-8f26-62fcdf35e5d0
  4. Why my laptop wont turn on unless its plugged in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my laptop wont turn on unless its plugged in?: Windows 10.My laptop is half full battery, yet wont turn on unless its plugged-in. Once its on, it can stay on on battery without cable! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-laptop-wont-turn-on-unless-its-plugged-in/9ecf9390-efe1-4301-8f26-62fcdf35e5d0
  5. Why my laptop wont turn on unless its plugged in?

6. XPS 9500 occasionally dies on battery/wont boot unless plugged in after battery replacement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XPS 9500 occasionally dies on battery/wont boot unless plugged in after battery replacement: I have a dell XPS 15 9500, my old battery's health was starting to go so I decided to replace it. The new batter is the same model as the old one. Since replacing the battery there's been two main issues with the laptop since; firstly, sometimes when removing the charging...
  7. XPS 9500 occasionally dies on battery/wont boot unless plugged in after battery replacement

XPS 9500 occasionally dies on battery/wont boot unless plugged in after battery replacement: I have a dell XPS 15 9500, my old battery's health was starting to go so I decided to replace it. The new batter is the same model as the old one. Since replacing the battery there's been two main issues with the laptop since; firstly, sometimes when removing the charging...
  8. XPS 9500 occasionally dies on battery/wont boot unless plugged in after battery replacement

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  9. Macrium wont work unless I resize the OS partition?

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium wont work unless I resize the OS partition?: I decided to clone a 1 TB drive to a 500 gb SSD drive in a laptop. I thought use Macrium, every likes it. So I backed up the entrie drive to to an external USB drive which took 6 hours. But it seems all this time is wasted. Macrium says the destination drive is too small....
  10. Os wont boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Os wont boot up: Hello i have a bit of a problem my hdd wont boot up on gateway fx6800 pc. It works on my other pc but for some odd reason it doesnt. I installed other hdd and it booted up fine but those where about 40gb and 150gb the one im trying to upgrade to is about 500gb wd and my pc...