Windows 10: Os wont boot up

Discus and support Os wont boot up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello i have a bit of a problem my hdd wont boot up on gateway fx6800 pc. It works on my other pc but for some odd reason it doesnt. I installed other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TotalHOTBoii, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Os wont boot up

Hello i have a bit of a problem my hdd wont boot up on gateway fx6800 pc. It works on my other pc but for some odd reason it doesnt. I installed other hdd and it booted up fine but those where about 40gb and 150gb the one im trying to upgrade to is about 500gb wd and my pc wont boot up “preparinf automatic repair” its not booting up any of the OS. The hdd works on my other pc and i change the boot menu to my hdd but it just wont budge. What i get is a windows symbol and thats it no loop or nothing just a windows symbol. Please help.

:)

TotalHOTBoii, Jan 27, 2019

2. PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    PERFORM THESE STEPS before posting about POST/boot/no video problems! - Systems

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, Jan 27, 2019
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jan 27, 2019
  4. Os wont boot up

How do I change the OS?

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

I would suggest you to check in the system configuration if the OS is detected.

Follow the steps to check.

• Type in the search bar “System configuration”.
    • Click on the boot option.

Check if the OS is detected in the boot option.

Please provide us with the above information to help you better.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

Os wont boot up

1. Os wont boot up - Similar Threads - wont boot

2. Windows wont boot. Shows my microsoft account but password doesnt work?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows wont boot. Shows my microsoft account but password doesnt work?: So my windows 10 pc wont boot. When attempting to fix it with any of the advanced options but I need a password for what looks like my microsoft account. Somehow the password for that account is not the same for my pc. Although when i log into my microsoft account, I can see...
  3. Windows wont boot. Shows my microsoft account but password doesnt work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows wont boot. Shows my microsoft account but password doesnt work?: So my windows 10 pc wont boot. When attempting to fix it with any of the advanced options but I need a password for what looks like my microsoft account. Somehow the password for that account is not the same for my pc. Although when i log into my microsoft account, I can see...
  4. Windows wont boot. Shows my microsoft account but password doesnt work?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bootcamp i tried to extend my c drive and now windows wont boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bootcamp i tried to extend my c drive and now windows wont boot: I have all the bootcamp drivers installed and windows was booting just fine before tli extended the c drive btw when i try to boot just a black screen no logo no nothing Bootcamp with MPB mid 2014...
  6. Bootcamp i tried to extend my c drive and now windows wont boot

Bootcamp i tried to extend my c drive and now windows wont boot: I have all the bootcamp drivers installed and windows was booting just fine before tli extended the c drive btw when i try to boot just a black screen no logo no nothing Bootcamp with MPB mid 2014...
  7. Changed to gpt and uefi bios, now windows wont boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed to gpt and uefi bios, now windows wont boot: I changed my ssd from mbr to gpt in order to be able to upgrade from windows 10 to windows 11. While in uefi boot mode my ssd is not showing up in boot priority and i can not boot windows. I have an asus motherboard, amd cpu and amd gpu. The ssd is a samsung 850 evo m.2...
  8. Changed to gpt and uefi bios, now windows wont boot

Changed to gpt and uefi bios, now windows wont boot: I changed my ssd from mbr to gpt in order to be able to upgrade from windows 10 to windows 11. While in uefi boot mode my ssd is not showing up in boot priority and i can not boot windows. I have an asus motherboard, amd cpu and amd gpu. The ssd is a samsung 850 evo m.2...
  9. Changed to gpt and uefi bios, now windows wont boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. HP 15 Notebook wont boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP 15 Notebook wont boot: Today, I used "Rufus" to install a custom OS version My BIOS version was F.39 I believe, I went to the "Choose an option." I tried to delete the so called "Windows 11." Again, this is a fan made OS AND IT WOULDNT DELETE It just says, "There was a problem resetting your PC." I...