Windows 10: OS won't change language completely

Discus and support OS won't change language completely in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have installed Windows 10 Pro with Norwegian as default. When I tried to change language to English (United States) the start menu and settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rexthecapt, Oct 4, 2019.

1. OS won't change language completely

I have installed Windows 10 Pro with Norwegian as default. When I tried to change language to English (United States) the start menu and settings stayed in Norwegian. Everything else did change the language as it should. This has been bugging me for an entire week now. How can I fix the start menu and settings?

Version: 1903 (OS Build 18362.30)

:)

rexthecapt, Oct 4, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Oct 4, 2019
  3. zbook Win User
    Volume Mute Light won´t change color

Macrium is used frequently in this forum. There are experts in using it to recover drives. It's unclear as to why you are struggling to use it. I had not used it and just tried it for the first time and it went smoothly. Maybe these images might help?

OS won't change language completely [​IMG]

zbook, Oct 4, 2019
  4. OS won't change language completely

How to Change Windows store and apps language to English

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the opportunity to assist you.

As per the issue description you are willing to change the language back to English which get changed after installing November update in China.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Is the issue specific to some apps or with all apps?
    • Is the language of the OS and keyboard in English?

I would suggest you to try the steps provided below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Step 1: Set the display language to English by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type
      Settings and select the top most search result.
    • Select Time & Language and click on Region & Language from the left side panel of the window.
    • Click on Add a Language under Language settings and select
      English.
    • Click on the added language and click on Options.
    • Click on Download to download the language pack.
    • After the download is complete, select the language and click Set as default.
    • Check if the changes are effective.

Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to run the
    Windows apps troubleshooter and check if the issue is resolved

In many cases, the Windows Store will automatically notify you if there’s a problem with an app and try to fix the problem. If you continue experiencing problems with an app, this tool can automatically identify and fix some problems with apps and the Store.

Do get back to us with all the information required and result of proposed suggestion. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

OS won't change language completely

1. OS won't change language completely - Similar Threads - won't change language

2. Changing language to the OS, but it is not native

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing language to the OS, but it is not native: Hi all,I am in a fight with a vendor who sent me back a pc after maintenance in guarantee with Windows 10 pro in Italian instead of the original English. I know that he will reply to install one Microsoft tool which changes the appearance of the language to English.BUT I...
  3. Changing language to the OS, but it is not native

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing language to the OS, but it is not native: Hi all,I am in a fight with a vendor who sent me back a pc after maintenance in guarantee with Windows 10 pro in Italian instead of the original English. I know that he will reply to install one Microsoft tool which changes the appearance of the language to English.BUT I...
  4. Change the language of Windows completly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change the language of Windows completly: Hello,I got a new computer from Japan. But during the first setting of Windows, it was not possible to change the language, just the country.Now, even if I set the language to English, Windows is not fully in English:* The loggin screen remains in Japanse* The locking screen...
  5. Change the language of Windows completly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change the language of Windows completly: Hello,I got a new computer from Japan. But during the first setting of Windows, it was not possible to change the language, just the country.Now, even if I set the language to English, Windows is not fully in English:* The loggin screen remains in Japanse* The locking screen...
  6. Can't Change OS Language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Change OS Language: I am trying to change the OS language from Hebrew to English but it doesn't really work, what can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-os-language/ccb74adb-4ff9-43b4-85ab-c4da90c93f87
  7. Windows 10 language not changing completely

Windows 10 language not changing completely: Hi everyone! My default language is Turkish and i changed the language to English. BUT these are still same :[ATTACH][ATTACH] There are more and more : Pls help me...
  8. OS language changed

OS language changed: I downloaded the Hebrew language to be able to type in Hebrew and now my OS is in Hebrew. How do I get it back to English? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/os-language-changed/d8184045-5acc-4a87-93b4-ccc12e43e9c9
  9. Windows language not completely changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows language not completely changed: Hi Forum, I have installed my new computer win 10 in Switzerland. The installation was all in German (which I can not speak). After installation I have change the language into English. I have also changed the user account and welcome screen (setting - Region-...
  10. changing OS language

in Windows 10 Support
    changing OS language: Hi all, i have "windows 10 home single language". my goal is to change the OS language to Turkish. how to do that? Moreover, i am using swedish keyboard, when i change my OS language to Turkish, it will not affect the swedish keyboard, right? 61324