Windows 10: OSC: >Users/username/Documents empty

Discus and support OSC: >Users/username/Documents empty in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have noticed that File Explorer shows that I have no files in the directory OSC:> Users/username/Documents. My files are stored in Onedrive and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PeterRobertsonUK, Oct 7, 2020.

1. OSC: >Users/username/Documents empty

I have noticed that File Explorer shows that I have no files in the directory OSC:> Users/username/Documents.

My files are stored in Onedrive and backed up there and I can see all my files,

This PC Documents is fully populated with all my documents.

Can someone explain what is going on here please because I am currently unable to back up my documents via File History.

Peter

:)

PeterRobertsonUK, Oct 7, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Oct 7, 2020
  3. This PC\Documents does not equal users\username\Documents

Since you are logged in with Hotmail account there is a possibility onedrive is running and backing up your files.

Location for onedrive is usually c:/user/username/onedrive/documents

Location for normal document without onedrive:

c:/user/username/documents

J. N Raúl, Oct 7, 2020
  4. NongJin Win User

OSC: >Users/username/Documents empty

How to change locations of Documents or Pictures to C:\Users\username\Documents or Pictures

In my new computer setup, Windows 10 set up the folders Documents and Pictures under "This PC" to C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Documents and C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Pictures. I want to set up these folders to C:\Users\username\Documents and C:\Users\username\Pictures.
    I tried to change location through folder properties\location\restore default. But windows did not allow me to do it, showing an error message "Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected. Access is denied".
    How do I change the folders of Documents (Pictures) under "This PC" to
    C:\Users\username\Documents (Pictures)? Thanks.

NongJin, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

OSC: >Users/username/Documents empty

1. OSC: >Users/username/Documents empty - Similar Threads - OSC >Users username

2. The Documents folder is fine, but the Users folder is empty.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Documents folder is fine, but the Users folder is empty.: There is a game in which save files are saved in the Documents folder with the C:\Users\user\Documents\Game_Name path. I start the game today and the saves are unavailable. I check the Documents folder - everything is in place, all files can be opened. I tried to access...
  3. The Documents folder is fine, but the Users folder is empty.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Documents folder is fine, but the Users folder is empty.: There is a game in which save files are saved in the Documents folder with the C:\Users\user\Documents\Game_Name path. I start the game today and the saves are unavailable. I check the Documents folder - everything is in place, all files can be opened. I tried to access...
  4. The Documents folder is fine, but the Users folder is empty.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. OneDrive folder in Windows 11 in OSC:/Users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive folder in Windows 11 in OSC:/Users: My new Windows 11 computer arrived last week. I have deleted the OneDrive app because I do not want to use OneDrive. I have found the folder labelled OneDrive in OSC:/Users, under my ID. Every file I create or access I save where I want it, e.g. on my Desktop or in my...
  6. OneDrive folder in Windows 11 in OSC:/Users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive folder in Windows 11 in OSC:/Users: My new Windows 11 computer arrived last week. I have deleted the OneDrive app because I do not want to use OneDrive. I have found the folder labelled OneDrive in OSC:/Users, under my ID. Every file I create or access I save where I want it, e.g. on my Desktop or in my...
  7. C/users/%username%/Documents not found

C/users/%username%/Documents not found: About 10 minutes ago, I was just doing some minecraft modding and all of a sudden when i tried to create a new folder in a folder that's in my documents, it said documents wasn't in C/Users/%username%/. I looked in my user files and the documents file WERE there. They just...
  8. Documents folder is in D:\users\username\pictures

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents folder is in D:\users\username\pictures: Win 10 20H2 ver: 19042.1052 I have my SSD partitioned with programs on C and data on D. All was going well for several years until I thought I would try to use Onedrive as a backup and found all my users folders moved to Onedrive so I tried to move them out and now I have my...
  9. Move Documents off of c:\users\username onto f:\user\username

Move Documents off of c:\users\username onto f:\user\username: I want all of the files in c:\users\username moved to f:\users\username but make them referenced by the Microsoft "aliases". So for instance, the Microsoft alias "Documents" would actually exist in f:\users\username instead of c:\users\username documents, etc. I can easily...
  10. This PC\Documents does not equal users\username\Documents

This PC\Documents does not equal users\username\Documents: Using Windows 10. My Windows 10 computer user account is the same as my Hotmail account, which Windows really really wants you to do when you set up a new computer. In File Explorer, This PC\Documents folder contains various documents I have put there. From the command...