Windows 10: [OT]Suddenly cannot write to sared folder

Discus and support [OT]Suddenly cannot write to sared folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; EDIT: I think the problem is with win 8.1 not win 10 Hello, I have pcA: win 8.1 and pcB: win 10 1709; pcA has a shared folder and always worked,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by roy111, Feb 7, 2018.

1. roy111 Win User

[OT]Suddenly cannot write to sared folder

EDIT: I think the problem is with win 8.1 not win 10

Hello,

I have pcA: win 8.1 and pcB: win 10 1709; pcA has a shared folder and always worked, now i can use rdp from pcB to pcA and i can browse the pcA shared folder but cannot write anymore to named folder, it has worked from day 1 when i installed win 8.1 on pcA ("remote server").
    Cannot longer transfer files to pcA from pcB using network.
    What changed from yesterday is a flash update and defender definitions on both,
    Microsoft.WindowsStore, nvidia driver on win 10, they do not seems related to network though.

any idea? thanks!

:)

roy111, Feb 7, 2018
  2. shpapy Win User

N900 only green light on

sare result.....

shpapy, Feb 7, 2018
  3. FormatC Win User
    Photos disappeared from Lumia 950

Tried:

- format SD card - it says SD card is write protected;

- delete a file from SD card - file reappears;

- create a file or folder on SD card - they disappear;

micro SD card suddenly became read only. On the internet here and there they say that such SD card may have reached the limit of write cycles and cannot write anymore.

SD card cannot be formatted from the phone either. All that was already there still stays there.

FormatC, Feb 7, 2018
  4. Samuria Win User

What error do you get? It can be 3 things check share permission then check NTFS permissions on the folder it can also be firewall security issue

Samuria, Feb 7, 2018
  5. roy111 Win User
    Hi Samuria,

i don't think firewall as i can browse the folder, i just cannot write the error is like "you need authorization" (to write)
    i also tried to share a test folder (brand new share) same error, the very odd thing is that this is out of the blue without any configuration change on my part.

[OT]Suddenly cannot write to sared folder [​IMG]

thanks!

roy111, Feb 7, 2018
  6. Samuria Win User
    What's the error in English? If you don't have permission its share or NTFS permission if you create a folder you will be owner so it needs everyone adding to full control

Samuria, Feb 7, 2018
  7. Clintlgm Win User
    In addition to your share settings check your security settings on the shares they could have been changed by WU

Clintlgm, Feb 7, 2018
  8. roy111 Win User

Ok, my user was possibly removed from authorized users now it works, thanks !

roy111, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. [OT]Suddenly cannot write to sared folder - Similar Threads - Suddenly cannot write

2. Cannot write to game folder. You don't have write permission On a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot write to game folder. You don't have write permission On a game: Hello there,I installed a game from a platform called Steam and I tried to launch but I am facing issues with this game, the other games that I do have are working normally. From what I read from the internet / Microsoft it is based on giving permission from properties >...
  3. Cannot write to game folder. You don't have write permission On a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot write to game folder. You don't have write permission On a game: Hello there,I installed a game from a platform called Steam and I tried to launch but I am facing issues with this game, the other games that I do have are working normally. From what I read from the internet / Microsoft it is based on giving permission from properties >...
  4. Cannot suddenly write to all External Seagate drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot suddenly write to all External Seagate drives: I have been using these drives for years, but today have the error. All software is up to date..This has strangely happened to all 4 external drives, there are no protected files, nor storage issues.Properties of folders in these external drives are "read only" and I have...
  5. Cannot write to any folder "Could not find this item"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot write to any folder "Could not find this item": I successfully was creating/changing files this morning on my Windows 10 PC. Then I opened my email. I have Windows Live Mail 2012 installed I know - old, not supported and it was giving me a warning "We have noticed some unusual activity in your account. Your action is...
  6. Cannot write to Registry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot write to Registry: I have a program that needs to make entries in HKCU Software VB and VBA Program Settings. It is unable to. I am the Administrator. How can I get access to the Registry? Thanks, Murray...
  7. Cannot write to a shared parent folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot write to a shared parent folder: I have a sharing problem that appeared after I upgraded to Windows 10 version 1903. Prior to the upgrade, I had a shared folder to which I could write (drag and drop using Windows Explorer) from another computer. After the upgrade, if I drag and drop a file to the shared...
  8. 32GB USB "Suddenly" is Write Protected; Cannot Format or Delete Files?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    32GB USB "Suddenly" is Write Protected; Cannot Format or Delete Files?: I don't see a physical switch on the drive to enable/ disable write protection. Depending on how I went about to solve this I either got the message Write Protected or Read Only. Generic SanDisk Ultra 32GB stick. It was formatted fat32 and I got the message that I needed to...
  9. 32GB USB "Suddenly" is Write Protected; Cannot Format or Delete Files?

in Windows 10 Support
    32GB USB "Suddenly" is Write Protected; Cannot Format or Delete Files?: I don't see a physical switch on the drive to enable/ disable write protection. Depending on how I went about to solve this I either got the message Write Protected or Read Only. Generic SanDisk Ultra 32GB stick. It was formatted fat32 and I got the message that I needed to...
  10. Cannot write in notepad..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot write in notepad..: I cannot write anything in the Notepad.. how to change that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-write-in-notepad/f65ce1ef-50c1-4e8a-9e78-b884398040bb