Windows 10: Other account with no administrator account

Discus and support Other account with no administrator account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello. Is there possibility how to fix the problem with other user on lock screen and no administrator account in computer? I lost administrator... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Jozef Králik, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Other account with no administrator account

Hello. Is there possibility how to fix the problem with other user on lock screen and no administrator account in computer? I lost administrator account when my university changed e-mails and they block one which has administrator privillege. Then I find out how to sign in but there was 15minutes loading so I hard reset computer i think that was my mistake and because of that I lost my administrator privillege when there was migration of some data There is no user where I could log in. Everytime I tried to go with safe mode there is written in this computer is no account with administrator privillege. Thank you for help. I also contacted my university Office team and it is hard for them also.

:)

Jozef Králik, Jul 24, 2020
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jul 27, 2020
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Weird account name and lost Administrator rights.

Well, I know what I would do.

Under Settings, Accounts, Family & other users, then under Other users, add someone else to this PC. Then click the link for "the person I want to add doesn't have an email address". Then click the link for "Add a user without a Microsoft account". Then enter a temporary user name like TempAdmin. When the account appears in the Other Users list, click on it. Click change account type. Make the temporary account an Administrator.

Log in as the temporary administrator account, and copy all the files you want to keep from both the Andrius folders under Users to the temporary account's folder. Then delete whatever Andrius users are listed under settings, accounts. Go back to the Users folders and delete any remaining Andrius folders in there. Reboot the computer, log in as the temporary administrator and recreate an Andrius account using the exact same steps you made the temporary account - you can convert it to a Microsoft account if you want later.

Then do the rest of the steps to copy all your files back and delete the temporary administrator account.

NavyLCDR, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Zakin Win User

Other account with no administrator account

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Other account with no administrator account :(

Zakin, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

Other account with no administrator account

1. Other account with no administrator account - Similar Threads - account administrator account

2. How to reset or delete the password of the administrator account and other accounts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset or delete the password of the administrator account and other accounts?: How to reset or delete the password of the administrator account and other accounts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-or-delete-the-password-of-the/ae75df6a-d69c-4976-838a-849b469d8fa4
  3. How to reset or delete the password of the administrator account and other accounts?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reset or delete the password of the administrator account and other accounts?: How to reset or delete the password of the administrator account and other accounts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-or-delete-the-password-of-the/ae75df6a-d69c-4976-838a-849b469d8fa4
  4. Administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator account: I have purchased Office365, but using a Microsoft account different from the account which I use to sign into Windows. Is it possible for me to change the administrator account to the one I used to purchase Office365?Kind regards,Padraig...
  5. Administrator account

Administrator account: I have purchased Office365, but using a Microsoft account different from the account which I use to sign into Windows. Is it possible for me to change the administrator account to the one I used to purchase Office365?Kind regards,Padraig...
  6. administrator account

administrator account: Hi. I am the new owner of my computer and I've been facing a particular problem on my pc. The problem is, that i can not setup any games/apps on my computer as it requires an Administrator account. There is no Administrator account on my pc as the old owner has forgotten the...
  7. No administrator account and other problems after updates

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No administrator account and other problems after updates: after update have I no administrator user account on computer just local and I can't add or change the user account because I get UAC box with message "access denied". The box contains NO as only response, with small message saying "to continue enter admin user name &...
  8. Other Accounts does not appear except Administrator Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Other Accounts does not appear except Administrator Account: i Have 12 more accounts(administrator) except Main Administrator Account (which is logged in with microsoft account). When i try to switch between accounts there only appears the single account which is Main Administrator Account. There is no other account. Please help me...
  9. I can only use other accounts, not the administrator account because the administrator...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can only use other accounts, not the administrator account because the administrator...: Is there anyway to reset the password without resetting my PC? If so I would be grateful! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-only-use-other-accounts-not-the/e6c6fac4-d923-4d95-b11a-54babf53de50
  10. Glitches in my Administrator Account - not in other accounts

in Windows 10 Support
    Glitches in my Administrator Account - not in other accounts: Icons on my Desktop don't work correctly (my main Administrator Account) - but work in other accounts. How do I repair my main account? Thank you in advance. 89728

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Other user no administrator account