Windows 10: "Other Bookmarks" suddenly showing up on Bookmarks Toolbra

Discus and support "Other Bookmarks" suddenly showing up on Bookmarks Toolbra in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I opened my Firefox browser this morning, "Other Bookmarks" was suddenly one of the choices in the Bookmarks . Toolbar. When I open up "Show All... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by rosawoodsii, Jan 28, 2021.

1. "Other Bookmarks" suddenly showing up on Bookmarks Toolbra

When I opened my Firefox browser this morning, "Other Bookmarks" was suddenly one of the choices in the Bookmarks . Toolbar. When I open up "Show All Bookmarks", it's exactly where it's supposed to be. In the meantime, it's taking up a chunk of space that I want for frequently used bookmarks. How do I get rid of this?

Windows 10 Version 2004

ETA: Found the problem. FF updated (shouldn't have, but that's another story) and it's a "new feature". The way to get rid of it is here: Remove the Other Bookmarks folder from the Bookmarks Toolbar | Firefox Help

:)

rosawoodsii, Jan 28, 2021
  2. Jadawin Win User

Firefox bookmarks

in Firefox, go to Bookmarks, Organise bookmarks, there in File there's the option to export your bookmarks *Smile "Other Bookmarks" suddenly showing up on Bookmarks Toolbra :) And after reinstall, all you need to to is go there and import them again. I can recommend google browser sync though, syncs bookmarks, cookies and passwords (all encrypted), so whenever on a new machine, on your laptop etc. you have everything like you are used to, if there's google browser sync installed, too.

Jadawin, Jan 28, 2021
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Bookmarks in Microsoft Edge

Hello Bruce,

Based on your concern about bookmarks in Edge, we would like to know some additional information to better isolate the issue:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by Karthicka_R on this

link

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Jan 28, 2021
  4. EFTaylor Win User

"Other Bookmarks" suddenly showing up on Bookmarks Toolbra

Deleting old bookmarks

I have bookmarks dating back to Windows 98. Is there a program, or command to find and delete dead individual bookmarks in Internet Explorer 11? I ran AM-DeadLink and it listed 400 dead links, but it no longer has a delete function. Thanks for any suggestions.

ET

EFTaylor, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

"Other Bookmarks" suddenly showing up on Bookmarks Toolbra

1. "Other Bookmarks" suddenly showing up on Bookmarks Toolbra - Similar Threads - Bookmarks suddenly showing

2. bookmarks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bookmarks: Possibly a windows May update has destroyed my Chrome and Thunderbird bookmarks and my windows file system. sudden file loss. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bookmarks/d99f7957-31a3-4f41-94d7-3ce4634360cd
  3. bookmarks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bookmarks: Where are my bookmarks stored and how do Isave them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bookmarks/e4ae1d3c-7fda-4068-b478-2bbc610e8341
  4. bookmarks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bookmarks: Where are my bookmarks stored and how do Isave them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bookmarks/e4ae1d3c-7fda-4068-b478-2bbc610e8341
  5. bookmarks

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Bookmarks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bookmarks: Yesterday several of my bookmarks stopped working. They all had a symbol like a football next to them as well as the name of the bookmark. I had done a clean up and that is when this happened probably the ones I had used most recently. How do I reinstate them?...
  7. Bookmarks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bookmarks: I have EDGE on PC and recently on android. I have turned sync ON, but android EDGE does not show my PC EDGE bookmarks. Is there a way or should I use CHROME instead? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bookmarks/3b2be22f-2e36-4243-ad5f-46a9dca34909
  8. bookmarks

bookmarks: My bookmark file folders have disappeared. I use these a great deal and do not want to lose all the information I have collected over 10+ years. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks....
  9. bookmarks

bookmarks: Art which graveyard did Microsoft burry the option "bookmarks" ? And why ? And why was no information about this available ? I spent years building up a very useful and easy collection... And then, out of the blue, a giant fuckfinger was raised and foetsie were the...
  10. Bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Bookmarks: After downloading windows ten I am having problems with bookmarks. 1. I have an older version of my previous bookmarks. 2. New websites cannot be saved to bookmarks Help please.*Biggrin 48803