Windows 10: other day i used a fallout 2 save editor but when i closed it today thiis happened i cant...

Discus and support other day i used a fallout 2 save editor but when i closed it today thiis happened i cant... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Furryhater420 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Furryhater420, Jan 31, 2020.

1. other day i used a fallout 2 save editor but when i closed it today thiis happened i cant...

/u/Furryhater420, Jan 31, 2020

2. Fallout 3 Save Editor

I wrote this application this morning to make it easier to modify S.P.E.C.I.A.L. traits and player level in save files. It was a pain to do it manually. Some very important notes:

-You need .NET Framework 3.5 installed to use it.
    -It backs up the selected save file everytime you click "Save" (the back up has .bak appended to the name). If you save a game and try to open it in FO3 and it behaves ackwardly (e.g. never stops loading). Simply delete the modified save file and remove the ".bak" from the file name to restore your old save.
    -I do not recommend increasing your level status. I haven't tried this as there is no real reason to. The reason why I allow you to modify the level is to lower your level which, the next time you gain XP, it forces you to level up again. Keep in mind that you must use all 20 (or 23) skill points every time you level up. You must space yourself out so that you will hit level 20 and still have the 20/23 points to spend otherwise you will get stuck in that dialog.
    -Because it retrieves the name of the player from the file name, this software does not work on the autosave or quicksave.

I tried to do as best as I can to make sure it cannot corrupt saves but there is a remote possiblity that it can. If you want to be super-dooper careful, manually back up the save you intend to edit to a different directory prior to messing with it. It can only damage a save file when clicking on "Save."

Changes in 1.2.1 (Released 10/29/2010):
    -Quicksaves no longer appear in the drop down list.
    -Fixed other minor bugs discovered when working on the Fallout New Vegas Save Editor.

Changes in 1.2 (Released 1/5/2010):
    -Added support for Broken Steel (automatically increases the level limit to 30).
    -Allows to change the Save Number and Play Time (not sure if this is working 100%).

Changes in 1.1 (Released 12/2/2008):
    -Updated level code to be more flexible. If attributes worked and level didn't before, level should now work for you.
    -Added a new warning message for short player names. If your player name is three characters or longer, you will not see it. The warning details how to change your name ("ShowNameMenu" command) should you have to.

Have fun with it and if you have any suggestions, let me hear 'em. *Wink other day i used a fallout 2 save editor but when i closed it today thiis happened i cant... ;)

FordGT90Concept, Jan 31, 2020
  3. thraxed Win User
    Fallout 3 Save Editor

There only one console command you need to edit your stats in fallout 3:

player.setav ??????? ##

Ex:
    player.setav luck 10 ;(special stats can only be 10)
    player.setav energyweapons 65 ;(game coding is wierd, depending on the skill 55-80 will make your pipboy skills read 100, suggest starting off with 50, and bumping it up tell you reach a 100, if its a two words skill just make it 1 word. Same rules still apply with leveling up, you need a skill that you can add 20+ points too or you will get stuck, so just reuse this command to lower a skill if needed.)

Using this method will not affect your XP. I just mention the console to add skills to an editor would be a pain since the values are all different and depends if their set as tag skills or not. Being able to add perks would be beneficial*Smile other day i used a fallout 2 save editor but when i closed it today thiis happened i cant... :)

Nice work Ford, ya should post the source*Smile other day i used a fallout 2 save editor but when i closed it today thiis happened i cant... :)

thraxed, Jan 31, 2020
  4. shevek Win User

other day i used a fallout 2 save editor but when i closed it today thiis happened i cant...

Fallout New Vegas Save Editor

have you tried contacting the folks that make that fo:nv xbox360 save editor?

shevek, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

other day i used a fallout 2 save editor but when i closed it today thiis happened i cant...

1. other day i used a fallout 2 save editor but when i closed it today thiis happened i cant... - Similar Threads - used fallout save

2. I updated to 8.1 yesterday and today this happened and I cant fix it as the cursor is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I updated to 8.1 yesterday and today this happened and I cant fix it as the cursor is...: I'm trying to add a picture but it's not working but it's a prompt that covers most of the screen it's purple and says please wait in the middle with the option can cel in the bottom right corner, and also games such as roblox and I tried everything...
  3. I updated to 8.1 yesterday and today this happened and I cant fix it as the cursor is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I updated to 8.1 yesterday and today this happened and I cant fix it as the cursor is...: I'm trying to add a picture but it's not working but it's a prompt that covers most of the screen it's purple and says please wait in the middle with the option can cel in the bottom right corner, and also games such as roblox and I tried everything...
  4. I can't run fallout 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't run fallout 2: I can't run fallout 2 on steam whenever I start the game it freezes to a black screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-run-fallout-2/75613972-3666-4ab6-a498-3f3c6f3aad28
  5. I can't run fallout 2

I can't run fallout 2: I can't run fallout 2 on steam whenever I start the game it freezes to a black screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-run-fallout-2/75613972-3666-4ab6-a498-3f3c6f3aad28
  6. I cant close this window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant close this window: When I open my laptop early this morning this window was here and I cant close it, please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-close-this-window/f916301e-cdce-4d10-8e82-6aead27d953e
  7. I cant close this window

I cant close this window: When I open my laptop early this morning this window was here and I cant close it, please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-close-this-window/f916301e-cdce-4d10-8e82-6aead27d953e
  8. i use this and this happen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i use this and this happen: You still have some registry editing to do. Go back to the User Shell Folders key and delete the entries:{0ddd015d-b06c-45d5-8c4c-f59713854639}{35286a68-3c57-41a1-bbb1-0eae73d76c95}{a0c69a99-21c8-4671-8703-7934162fcf1d}You may also need to edit the desktop.ini file in your...
  9. i use this and this happen

i use this and this happen: You still have some registry editing to do. Go back to the User Shell Folders key and delete the entries:{0ddd015d-b06c-45d5-8c4c-f59713854639}{35286a68-3c57-41a1-bbb1-0eae73d76c95}{a0c69a99-21c8-4671-8703-7934162fcf1d}You may also need to edit the desktop.ini file in your...
  10. I cant close a error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant close a error: Dear microsoft imployiess, there is a error that i cant closewindows 11Everytime i press on the X there is always a new error with a new tabPlease fix this issue.ThanksHave a great day.Tim und finn :D...