Windows 10: "Other Devices" on privacy setting

Discus and support "Other Devices" on privacy setting in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello,Can anyone please explain to me what does the Other Devices privacy setting mean? The supplied explanation isn't clear to me.There is Xbox as an... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ziv Gershon, Aug 6, 2021.

1. "Other Devices" on privacy setting

Hello,Can anyone please explain to me what does the Other Devices privacy setting mean? The supplied explanation isn't clear to me.There is Xbox as an example, but I don't understand what it does exemplify, to be honest.

:)

Ziv Gershon, Aug 6, 2021

2. [BUG REPORT] Multiple entries in privacy settings for same mobile device

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with multiple entries in privacy settings for same mobile device in Windows 10.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

Step 1:

I would suggest you to restart the phone and check if that helps.

If that doesn’t work, follow step 2

Step 2:

I would suggest you to soft reset the phone and check if that helps. Please follow the steps given below.

• Press and hold the power button and
      volume down button simultaneously for about 10 seconds

• The phone should vibrate and reboot
    If that doesn’t work, follow step 3

Step 3:

I would suggest you to hard reset the phone and check if that helps. Please follow the steps given below.

• At the beginning power off device.

• Then press Power key once.

• After that press and hold
      Volume Down
      key.

• After exclamation point appears on the screen release all keys.

• Press the following options in exact chronological order:
      Volume Up, Volume Down, Power,
      and Volume Down.

• Done
    There is an alternative method to perform hard reset. Please follow the steps given below and check if that helps.

• Turn on Microsoft Lumia.

• Go to Windows Phone Settings.

• Tap About.

• Confirm the operations by selecting Reset Your Phone.
    Note: All the user data will be lost.

For more information:

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Andre Da Costa” replied on January 22, 2015 in the following Microsoft Community link.

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ndows-10/5c0b9368-a9e8-4238-b1e4-45f4b7ed2fb9

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Aug 6, 2021
  3. cant open privacy settings

Hi Sean,

There are several possible explanations as to why you're encountering issues with accessing your Xbox account's privacy settings. Here's a list of the common factors:

• There's an ongoing Xbox Live server outage.
    • You're using a child account which needs a parent permission in order to change the privacy settings.
    • Access to Xbox Live is not yet available to your location.

For us to determine the root cause of this issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you using a child or a parent account?
    • Have you made any changes to your Xbox account before encountering this issue?
    • Have you tried using a different web browser to access your account's privacy settings?
    • Are you encountering the same issue when accessing your account's privacy settings on a different device like an Xbox console?

Catherine Cus., Aug 6, 2021
  4. Johan45 Win User

"Other Devices" on privacy setting

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 6, 2021
Thema:

"Other Devices" on privacy setting

1. "Other Devices" on privacy setting - Similar Threads - Devices privacy setting

2. Privacy and Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Privacy and Settings: I wish to start discussion after a lengthy process of using Windows 11. Though I have resolve some issues some may be open. The goal of my discussion is to stop privacy breach but retain Windows useability.ServicesBITS Background Inteligence Transfer ServiceThis program have...
  3. Privacy Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Privacy Settings: Ok, I'm at a loss. I have a couple of websites that I use almost daily. Lately they keep asking me to update my location and Security Settings. I've been through what I can find in both Windows 10 and 11, because it's occurring on both. Ideas or somewhere else to look that I...
  4. STUCK IN “CHOOSE PRIVACY SETTINGS FOR YOUR DEVICE”

in Windows 10 Customization
    STUCK IN “CHOOSE PRIVACY SETTINGS FOR YOUR DEVICE”: the same cycle and keep comping no option to get rid of it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-in-choose-privacy-settings-for-your-device/d7191a01-7d92-4368-bb4e-063b0a0d7fd8
  5. Privacy Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Privacy Settings: I am having a problem with Minecraft Windows 10 Edition. I have already logged in with my Xbox Live account as I wanted to join servers and play multiplayer. As I logged in, it showed "You cannot play multiplayer through Xbox Live because of how your account is set up. This...
  6. Privacy settings

Privacy settings: When In Settings>Privacyonly under Windows permissions>diagnostics&feedback and App permissions>Camera do I get*Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization. I am the only one using this laptop and am shown as administrator. How can I resolve this...
  7. privacy settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    privacy settings: ever time i try to change my privacy settings and i hit submit they just wont change what do i do?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/privacy-settings/426c2edf-34bc-4ad7-b165-25c56b69f2cc
  8. choose privacy settings for your device screen

choose privacy settings for your device screen: How do I get the choose privacy settings for your device screen off of my laptop? I cannot open any other screens. This scrren asks me to accept, but when I do it says something went wron and is running in a loop. I see this problem has been asked before, but I did not...
  9. Privacy settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Privacy settings: Hello. When I try to change my privacy and online safety settings on the Xbox website and press submit it says a problem occurred and it tells me to try again later. I've tried it many times. My account is a parent account. I'm trying to change this so I can play Xbox games...
  10. Privacy Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Privacy Settings: I have 2 All in Ones and they both use Windows 10. If I make a change to one of them it effects the other and I wish to eliminate this. What are the correct privacy settings that I need to make so they run independent, Thank you 81129