Windows 10: Other Devices / Unknown device

Discus and support Other Devices / Unknown device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Users , On a Sony Vaio SVT1312b4E Notebook I have two unknown devices that are missing drivers and I haven't a clue what they are . The laptop is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tamo, Mar 9, 2016.

1. tamo Win User

Other Devices / Unknown device

Hi Users ,

On a Sony Vaio SVT1312b4E Notebook I have two unknown devices that are missing drivers and I haven't a clue what they are . The laptop is working fine on build 14279 .
    I don't use the SD card reader so it might be that but not sure . I just like to see no exclamation marks in device manager . I have clicked on "search for updated drivers " but cant find any .

See below. Thanks

Other Devices / Unknown device [​IMG]

:)

tamo, Mar 9, 2016

2. unknown "other devices"

Hi,

Unknown devices usually show up in the Device Manager when Windows is unable to identify a piece of hardware and attempts to provide a driver for it. An unknown device isn’t just unknown — it’s not functioning until you install the right driver. Most of
    the time Windows is able to identify and download drivers automatically. In cases where it is unable to do so, you'll have to identify and look for the driver yourself.

Follow these steps to locate the Unknown Device:

1. Press Windows Key + X and select Device Manager.

2. You’ll find unknown devices and other non-functioning devices under Other devices. Each device with a problem has a little yellow exclamation mark over its icon.

To check the Hardware ID of a device, follow these steps:

1. Open the Device Manager.

2. In the Device Manager, right-click the device, and choose Properties in the popup menu.

3. Tap the Details tab.

4. Select the Hardware IDs in the drop-down list.

5. Search the web for the Hardware ID using your browser. You should be able to get the name of the piece of hardware associated with the unknown device.

6. Get the driver for the device and install it normally.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Mar 9, 2016
  3. unknown "other devices"

Hi guys having the same issue so here are screen shots as requested.

Thanks, Stan.

The.Cyber.Trekker, Mar 9, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Have a look at the details tab in the Properties window and then paste the Hardware ID into google and see if that will identify what it is.

philc43, Mar 9, 2016
  5. tamo Win User
    Thanks
    Firmware driver and
    IDE ATA /ATAPI controller

tamo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Other Devices / Unknown device - Similar Threads - Devices Unknown device

2. Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed But It works on other devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed But It works on other devices.: Hello, it's the typical Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed problem. I've done literally everything that has been recommended everywhere else and it still happens. I checked the device which is a controler, pretty old one as well, other devices see it as...
  3. Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed But It works on other devices.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed But It works on other devices.: Hello, it's the typical Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed problem. I've done literally everything that has been recommended everywhere else and it still happens. I checked the device which is a controler, pretty old one as well, other devices see it as...
  4. Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed But It works on other devices.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 11 home :Device manager :About "other devices" and unknown devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 home :Device manager :About "other devices" and unknown devices: Hi to everyone!since few days ago i have an Alienware x17 r2 : Windows 11 updated till last available update i also updated the notebook with the last bios available but i have these 2 devices under "Other devices" you can see them in the picture that i have attached...
  6. Windows 11 home :Device manager :About "other devices" and unknown devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 home :Device manager :About "other devices" and unknown devices: Hi to everyone!since few days ago i have an Alienware x17 r2 : Windows 11 updated till last available update i also updated the notebook with the last bios available but i have these 2 devices under "Other devices" you can see them in the picture that i have attached...
  7. Unknown Media & Other Devices?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown Media & Other Devices?: Hi.I just did a clean install. Downloaded the ISO file from Microsoft official page. https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10I noticed there's 2 unknown media devices and something in Other Devices which has no name.Is this normal?...
  8. Device Manager shows > Other devices> Unknown Device

Device Manager shows > Other devices> Unknown Device: I noticed a few days ago that Device Manager was showing an unknown Device, and I'm not sure how to correct that. I was thinking of deleting it, but that I should ask on the forum first. My system seems to be running ok save for my running slow when opening programs, but I've...
  9. My laptop is not showing other devices or unknown devices

My laptop is not showing other devices or unknown devices: Hi...!!! I'm getting trouble with other devices option... I have to install Xbox 360 controller to my laptop but it's possible only through other or unknown devices.... So my laptop is not showing other devices or unknown devices in device manager .... How can I get unknown...
  10. Unknown Devices showing in Device Manager under Other Devices category

Unknown Devices showing in Device Manager under Other Devices category: Hi All, On My Windows 10 Desktop, I am seeing few unknown devices in the Device Manager under Other Devices category. Please help me understand and know which are these devices for. Shown in the image attachment: [img] These devices are confusing, especially Nokia Obex...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot