Windows 10: Other issues with upgrade to 1809

Discus and support Other issues with upgrade to 1809 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Just a note to let someone know of some other issues with 1809 that I have not yet seen reported. My first attempt partially succeeded, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by best1syn2oil, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Other issues with upgrade to 1809

Hi,

Just a note to let someone know of some other issues with 1809 that I have not yet seen reported.

My first attempt partially succeeded, but most all of my drivers were not installed when the machine booted. All attempts to install drivers resulted in a failure message. There was no video card driver, and no scanner or printer drivers. I had disabled my antivirus, disconnected all USB devices and done a clean boot prior to my attempt.

Subsequent attempts failed at a restart at about 15%, with the failure and rollback happening due to problems at the Safe_OS_Phase apply image stage.

I restored from the Macrium Image I had made just prior to my attempt.

:)

best1syn2oil, Oct 12, 2018
  2. PaulPChou Win User

when to upgrade to 1809

Microsoft:

I've read that 1809 will be coming out very soon. What I want to know is when should I go up to 1809? When it comes out or should I wait to upgrade later?

PaulPChou, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 12, 2018
  4. WillBthr Win User

Other issues with upgrade to 1809

Windows 1809 Started the install on Surface Pro 4 but it stopped and the update screen closed by itself.

It started the download of 1809 and I walked away. Came back twenty minutes later and the update page was no longer open. Tried update again and it said it's updated.

It didn't complete the update or state the RESTART NOW.

Update history lists 1809 and states RESTART REQUIRED but since it didn't complete the install restarting does nothing.

So it thinks it's installed the 1809 update but it hasn't. It won't download 1809 again.

ABOUT say's it is 1803.

Suggestions?

WillBthr, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

Other issues with upgrade to 1809

1. Other issues with upgrade to 1809 - Similar Threads - issues upgrade 1809

2. Upgrade Windows from 1809 to 20H2 Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade Windows from 1809 to 20H2 Issue: I have used WSUS to update the computers in my domain.I tested it on 10 computers and 4 of them were unsuccessful. The update process of the 4 computers was normal, but at the end of the update, it always said "Attempting to recover installation, Restoring your previous...
  3. Upgrading LTSB 1607 to LTSC 1809 any issues?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading LTSB 1607 to LTSC 1809 any issues?: I have a laptop currently running LTSB 1607 which I would like to upgrade to LTSC 1809. I wanted to ask if anyone here has done this before and is the process fairly straightforward and painless, or are there oddities, things breaking, settings reset, etc which often happens?...
  4. Upgrade to 1809 version

Upgrade to 1809 version: Hello,Recently downloaded the Win 10 1809 iso file. It is 10.0.17763 Build 379.Checked in MS update catalog for updates. As I understand from the build version I have, all updates prior to 11-Mar-2019 ((KB4489899 included) are included in this build and need not to be...
  5. Ongoing 1803/1809 Upgrade Issues

Ongoing 1803/1809 Upgrade Issues: For the past month and a half I've been rolling out 1803 to my organization. About 20%-30% of the computers will fail though and it is almost always the same issue: 0xC1900101-0x4000D - Install failed in the SECOND BOOT phase with an error during the MIGRATE DATA operation....
  6. 1809 upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    1809 upgrade: I finally solved my upgrade from 1803 to 1809 tried all the ideas finally switched main computer and took off all import stuff I was getting the roll back from 75 to 82 percent I tried resetting the computer and even that rolled back I had to change drive I made a Bootable...
  7. Windows 1803 to 1809 upgrade issues: upgrade not possible/shown?

Windows 1803 to 1809 upgrade issues: upgrade not possible/shown?: Hi, I read a lot of different articles and threads here (and elsewhere) concerning the upgrade issues from 1803 to 1809. "Fun" fact: I've got several identical machines that had problems at first, but all in all it was just missing storage space on the system drive. After...
  8. Upgrade to Windows 10 version 1809 issue on using other user account login

Upgrade to Windows 10 version 1809 issue on using other user account login: After upgrade to Windows 10 version 1809 my own user account (with admin authority) login works successfully but I have a problem with other user account. When I first login on the other user account, it has started to reconfigure and it took so long then it just hang up. Any...
  9. upgrade to 1809

upgrade to 1809: I have 3 AMD win 10 machines, two have updated to 1809. the main machine has not upgraded automatically. The only Difference between all three are the video adapters, the non upgraded machine has a ATI Radeon HD 3870. should I Manually upgrade> Thanks SA...
  10. Cyberoam Issues after upgrade to 1809

Cyberoam Issues after upgrade to 1809: After upgrading to Version 1809 (Build 17763.168), I am unable to use my corporate Ethernet connection. I do get connected - briefly, when I log in to the Cyberoam Client, but seconds later, I get the Blue Screen... Windows starts up fine after that, but when I try to...