Windows 10: Other PC's won't see my PC in homegroup

Discus and support Other PC's won't see my PC in homegroup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I bump into some problem with Windows 10 with sharing folder in the same home network/workgroup. After I updated all home PC's on Windows 10,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Navje, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Navje Win User

Other PC's won't see my PC in homegroup

Hi,

I bump into some problem with Windows 10 with sharing folder in the same home network/workgroup.
    After I updated all home PC's on Windows 10, my is Pro others are Home versions, and I shared a specific folder, none of other PC's is able to see me or any other computer in home-group. Also when I started creating a home-group on Windows 10 Home versions it says "windows in unable to create a home-group". I have enabled discovery of network for private (current profiles), guest or public are disabled or should I enable that to? And my PC has wired connection others have wireless connection.

Thanks for future answers.

:)

Navje, Aug 25, 2015
  2. HeikoHHB Win User

Homegroup not working Windows 10

Windows 10 Cumulative Update 14393.222 caused a real problem on all (!) of my office PCs: The homegroup is not working anymore, and accessing shared folders ("documents", "pictures", and so on) on the "main" PC (working as a server) is impossible.

To be able to work again, I left the homegroup on all PCs and turned them all off except one. On this PC I created a new homegroup, turned all the other PCs on one by one, and entered the new homegroup. Sharing of pictures, documents etc. is turned on. All
    the other neccessary conditions for homegroups are as before the update, where everything worked just fine.

What happened after creating the new homegroup is that every PC sees only "himself" in the "Homegroup" section of Windows Explorer. I get a message in Windows Explorer that other homegroup PCs are probably not turned on, or that file sharing is not active
    (it is!).

In the "Network" section of the Control Panel, I see on every PC that he is member of the homegroup, and the homegroup password is the same on every PC.

What can I do to get my homegroup back to work? I tried every single step in the long manual I wrote a long time ago (see above, near the beginning of this thread), but this time it just won't work.

Thank you for your help!

Heiko

HeikoHHB, Aug 25, 2015
  3. No other homegroup PCs are available right now - FRUSTRATION

I have same problem on 2 Windows 10 PCs in same Homegroup. Yesterday they both worked fine, we were able to share files and printers. Today I keep getting error "No other Homegroup PCs area available at this moment" I've run the Homegroup trouble shooter,
    the Network trouble shooter. I've read all the recommended articles and still cannot see the other Homegroup PC. I've checked the WiFi connection, hooked up the Ethernet cables and still cannot see the other Homegroup PC. And my wife, whose PC it is, cannot
    see my PC. I've checked all the sharing settings and all printers and files etc are set to shared.

Please advise.

BobSquirrell, Aug 25, 2015
Thema:

Other PC's won't see my PC in homegroup

1. Other PC's won't see my PC in homegroup - Similar Threads - PC's won't homegroup

2. PC not seeing other computers on my network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not seeing other computers on my network: Recently I set up a new PC for one of my employees. It periodically stops seeing other computers on my Network, including our file share server.When this occurs, I log the user out, log in using my MS 365 account, and then go to File Explorer, and all of the computers on the...
  3. PC not seeing other computers on my network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC not seeing other computers on my network: Recently I set up a new PC for one of my employees. It periodically stops seeing other computers on my Network, including our file share server.When this occurs, I log the user out, log in using my MS 365 account, and then go to File Explorer, and all of the computers on the...
  4. Laptop can't see NAS and other PC, but the other PC can see the NAS (but not the laptop)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop can't see NAS and other PC, but the other PC can see the NAS (but not the laptop): So my PC can now finally see the NAS on the network, however it can't see the laptop even though they are on the same network. My laptop can't see the PC nor the NAS even though all the settings like NetBIOS and SMB and file sharing are turned on. I can't ping the laptop from...
  5. Cannot see other PC's on network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot see other PC's on network.: When my Windows 7 PC tried to look at a Windows 10 PC it could see it on the network but couldn't access files. I upgraded to W10. Now neither PC sees the other. Selecting Network on either PC shows only that PC on the network. How do I see the other PC and how do I access,...
  6. I can't see other Pc's in my workgroup

I can't see other Pc's in my workgroup: I worder if there is a service which isn't running on my Pc because I can't see my streaming unit or any other Pc's in my workgroup. The Pc is new and on my laptop I can see the units in my workgroup but not on this Pc. I have compared the two Pc's sharing configuration and I...
  7. Homegroup on PC

Homegroup on PC: I have a desktop and two laptops and wish to share files. One of the laptops is the newest but cannot find settings to join Homegroup! I have checked in control panel and settings but is no there to be found. I had no problem with the desktop and other laptop . Can anyone...
  8. new windows 10 pro not discoverable by other pc's on homegroup

new windows 10 pro not discoverable by other pc's on homegroup: I had a home network with Five windows pc's, Three windows 10 and Two windows 7. I just upgraded one of my windows 7 PC's to windows 10. I cant see the new windows 10 pc on my homegroup network. I can see the other pc's on the new win10 computer, but cant see the new computer...
  9. Problem connecting to other PC using Homegroup.

Problem connecting to other PC using Homegroup.: I have Windows 10 installed on my Laptop and I have connected it to my Desktop PC running Windows 7 using Homegroup. I have enabled Advanced Sharing but still I am unable to connect to my Desktop PC from Laptop. I am showing a video regarding this issue : j8K8fOcPEp4...
  10. My PC Shows Twice in Homegroup

My PC Shows Twice in Homegroup: I just rejoined my dad's homegroup, but my computer appears twice... one with my MS account profile picture and name and one without either... but they both show the same folders, etc. Is it possible that the homegroup is picking up the local account I had prior to logging...