Windows 10: Other people can't hear me on Skype call

Discus and support Other people can't hear me on Skype call in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have recent call meeting on Skype i was able to hear others but they where not able to hear me i think this is an issue of microphone but my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HuzaifaK1, Sep 23, 2020.

1. HuzaifaK1 Win User

Other people can't hear me on Skype call

I have recent call meeting on Skype i was able to hear others but they where not able to hear me i think this is an issue of microphone but my microphone is working good with other app.

:)

HuzaifaK1, Sep 23, 2020

2. Deleted Skype Contacts Still in the People App

Hi Mateja,

From your issue description, I understand that you want to remove Skype contacts from People app. Not to worry, I am here to help you with this issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to hide Skype contacts by applying filter and check if this helps.

Follow these steps:

• Open People app and click on Settings.
    • Now click on Filter contact list.
    • Uncheck Skype from list and click on Done.
    You may also delete contacts manually.

Right click on contact name one by one and click on Delete.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 23, 2020
  3. Skype?

As this is a now quite established messenger system of sorts perhaps a Skype feature for people skype names so perhaps some real time problem solving/discussions could be mounted?
    Just a wee suggestion.
    What does everyone else think?

thedivinehairband, Sep 23, 2020
  4. piepie96 Win User

Skype contacts not appearing on windows 10 people app

Hi,

I also had this problem, and none of the steps were working, but I have now got it working!

These were the steps I took:

- So initially I had no skype contacts on the people app, only peoples’ phone numbers.

- I went on the Skype app, and started a group conversation with a persons skype account, and also I went into the contacts list and clicked their corresponding phone number, which was a seperate contact, and so I had a group conversation with their actual
    skype account and their phone number.

- (I just deleted the group conversation right away but I don’t think this step matters.)

- Magically, the skype contact was now in the peoples app! I combined the skype contact with the phone number contact, but thats just personal preference. The contact is working perfectly normally, and I can view their phone number, email, skype all together,
    and it also works with the people thing on the taskbar!

I hope this works for you! I haven’t given it much of a test, and its a bit frustrating (you have to do it for every contact individually, and explain why you added them to a group chat with themselves), but its the only thing thats worked for me.

piepie96, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Other people can't hear me on Skype call - Similar Threads - can't hear Skype

2. people can hear me but i can't hear them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    people can hear me but i can't hear them: no matter what im on, i can't hear people whether it is games or discord or skype, doesn't matter. I use a Xbox one controller as a adapter for my headset as it is only a single jack headset. In game i can hear everything else, just not voices. music and audio works fine. I...
  3. people can hear me but i can't hear them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    people can hear me but i can't hear them: no matter what im on, i can't hear people whether it is games or discord or skype, doesn't matter. I use a Xbox one controller as a adapter for my headset as it is only a single jack headset. In game i can hear everything else, just not voices. music and audio works fine. I...
  4. people cannot hear me on Phone Link phone calls.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    people cannot hear me on Phone Link phone calls.: I have a S22 and a Razer Blade 14 running windows 11. When I try to use the phone call feature in phone link app on my computer, I can hear the person on the other end, but they can't hear me. I checked my default mic, and it is correct. other voice calling apps work fine,...
  5. people cannot hear me on Phone Link phone calls.

people cannot hear me on Phone Link phone calls.: I have a S22 and a Razer Blade 14 running windows 11. When I try to use the phone call feature in phone link app on my computer, I can hear the person on the other end, but they can't hear me. I checked my default mic, and it is correct. other voice calling apps work fine,...
  6. People can't hear me, but can hear a video i play

People can't hear me, but can hear a video i play: The problem is exactly as described above, my mic is on and the people in the meeting can not hear me but they can hear the song i am listening to. I tried turning of stereo mix, updated windows a dozen of times, nothing fixed it....
  7. I can't hear people but they can hear me in games and discord.

I can't hear people but they can hear me in games and discord.: I played Destiny 2 and my mic was just fine, however, after I downloaded the Xbox Companion app and/or pressed Win+G, my audio for hearing other people in discord and in-game chat stopped working. If anyone, and I mean ANYONE please help has ever had this or heard of this,...
  8. Skype not hearing me at all

in Windows 10 Customization
    Skype not hearing me at all: No one is able to hear me on Skype calls. My internal microphone isis select as default mic still there is no up movement on the bars when I speak to it. Right now I don't have any external mic to check. I am sure there is no issues with the microphone as the device is...
  9. Can't hear voice chat and video calls and people can't hear me

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't hear voice chat and video calls and people can't hear me: my pc specs Windows 10 pro 64 bit w/update KB4023057 Intel Core i7-3770K 32gb DDR3 RAM GeForce gtx 970 Asus Z77 sabertooth So when I go to sound under Control panel everything shows up fine in playback and both microphones show up (my headset and webcam) and even when I...
  10. Skype unable to hear test call...?

Skype unable to hear test call...?: No expert at all and have used Skype a bit in the past but had a problem trying to get the old download going recently so had to install a fresh version of Skype, however not sure what I've forgotten but whilst the camera is ok I'm still unable to get the sound working or...