Windows 10: Other people under storage take up large space

Discus and support Other people under storage take up large space in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; On the 20h1 builds in the fast lane, under settings-system-storage the "Other people" category takes up a large amount of disk space and increasing at... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Flip, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Flip Win User

Other people under storage take up large space

On the 20h1 builds in the fast lane, under settings-system-storage the "Other people" category takes up a large amount of disk space and increasing at a rapid rate.
    I have only one account (administrator) on this PC. You can turn all sync options off - nothing happens.
    I rolled back to 1901 18363.276 and the Other People category is at 0 MB. and stays at 0 MB
    Is there any way to rectify this problem?
    All help to rectify this problem will be highly appreciated

:)

2. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 Home will not boot or restart with USB Storage Spaces pool drives attached

Hi George,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Did you make any changes in BIOS?

• Are you getting any error message?
    I suggest you to update Storage controller drivers and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Select Device manager.

• Expand Storage controller.

• Right click on the driver and Update the drivers.

Steps 2: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with device. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Nov 19, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Storage Spaces

Question;

Have a RAID 0 storage pool in Windows 10. The storage pool has 952 GB of usable space, it currently has 6.06 GB of space used. I ran a system clean-up which wrote data to securely erase empty hard drive space. Now I get a warning that my storage pool is
    full. I wrote a large group of files approximately 41 GB to the space to verify there wasn't an actual limitation. After all the files copied without issue I deleted them and noticed that the pool went from no capacity to 911 GB in use, the amount that was
    written and then deleted.

I have searched but not come across this issue in any internet searches. Perhaps I am not searching for the correct terminology?

Any suggestions for correcting the storage spaces error without affecting the data on the pool? The reason of concern is that the drive has a SoildWorks vault space and I would prefer not to delete it and have to recreate it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Anthony P77, Nov 19, 2019
  4. Other people under storage take up large space

I have an HP Stream Laptop and I keep running out of storage space

Hi Jay,

If a category can't show the folders that it contains, there is a possibility that the folders are somehow hidden. To maximize your PC's storage, follow the suggested steps in these links:

If further help is needed, let us know.

Darleen Pen, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

Other people under storage take up large space

1. Other people under storage take up large space - Similar Threads - under storage large

2. “Other people” taking up storage but there’s no other user on this computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    “Other people” taking up storage but there’s no other user on this computer: My storage has been full lately so I went into settings to try clearing it out and noticed “Other people” has been taking up 28.3 GB yet there’s no one using my computer other than me, when i click on “Manage other users” it gives me the option to add another one but none to...
  3. “Other people” taking up storage but there’s no other user on this computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “Other people” taking up storage but there’s no other user on this computer: My storage has been full lately so I went into settings to try clearing it out and noticed “Other people” has been taking up 28.3 GB yet there’s no one using my computer other than me, when i click on “Manage other users” it gives me the option to add another one but none to...
  4. “Other people” taking up storage but there’s no other user on this computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 83 GB under other people storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    83 GB under other people storage: HI team,While i was checking the storage for my system, I observe that 83 GB has been utilized under "other people" category.Never have i ever added any additional user on this system for it to show "Other people" storage.Please fnd the screenshots Storage:I went to settings...
  6. 83 GB under other people storage

83 GB under other people storage: HI team,While i was checking the storage for my system, I observe that 83 GB has been utilized under "other people" category.Never have i ever added any additional user on this system for it to show "Other people" storage.Please fnd the screenshots Storage:I went to settings...
  7. Why is nonexistent "other people" taking up storage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is nonexistent "other people" taking up storage?: On my device, 24gb of storage is taken up by 'other people'. When I go to the other users page, there are no other people. I used to have another account but it's gone now, How do I get my storage back?...
  8. Why is nonexistent "other people" taking up storage?

Why is nonexistent "other people" taking up storage?: On my device, 24gb of storage is taken up by 'other people'. When I go to the other users page, there are no other people. I used to have another account but it's gone now, How do I get my storage back?...
  9. Why is nonexistent "other people" taking up storage?

10. 'Other' files taking up storage space

'Other' files taking up storage space: Alright, so I have a Windows 10 laptop with 29.1 gigabytes on the C drive. Now, sometimes when I go to settings, system, storage, and see how much space's taken up by the system files, sometimes it'll say about 17 GB while other times it'll say 19 GB. Because the system files...