Windows 10: Other than hardwareID, any other property to uniquely identify device drivers

Discus and support Other than hardwareID, any other property to uniquely identify device drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, Like hardware id where we can identify the device driver is there any other property where we can identify the device and its drivers.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by saraj6, Jun 30, 2020.

1. saraj6 Win User

Other than hardwareID, any other property to uniquely identify device drivers

Hi,

Like hardware id where we can identify the device driver is there any other property where we can identify the device and its drivers.

:)

saraj6, Jun 30, 2020

2. unknown "other devices"

Hi,

Unknown devices usually show up in the Device Manager when Windows is unable to identify a piece of hardware and attempts to provide a driver for it. An unknown device isn’t just unknown — it’s not functioning until you install the right driver. Most of
    the time Windows is able to identify and download drivers automatically. In cases where it is unable to do so, you'll have to identify and look for the driver yourself.

Follow these steps to locate the Unknown Device:

1. Press Windows Key + X and select Device Manager.

2. You’ll find unknown devices and other non-functioning devices under Other devices. Each device with a problem has a little yellow exclamation mark over its icon.

To check the Hardware ID of a device, follow these steps:

1. Open the Device Manager.

2. In the Device Manager, right-click the device, and choose Properties in the popup menu.

3. Tap the Details tab.

4. Select the Hardware IDs in the drop-down list.

5. Search the web for the Hardware ID using your browser. You should be able to get the name of the piece of hardware associated with the unknown device.

6. Get the driver for the device and install it normally.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Jun 30, 2020
  3. asus2016 Win User
    One device much slower than others on home wifi - why?

I spoke with the shop once I could be in front of the computer. Yes. They too were puzzled.

What they think is that:
    1. They must have goofed up the parts list for it
    2. So the Dell 1397 is the adapter I have
    3. And the "radio" must be getting weak or intermittent

Even though I have no Intel 7260 showing in Device Manager:

Other than hardwareID, any other property to uniquely identify device drivers [​IMG]

I went to the Intel site and downloaded the drivers for the 7260. Ran the exe, it ran fine, no errors, told me to restart so changes would take hold - but when I got back, there still wasn't a 7260 listed.

At that point I called the shop again and they said that it's "not uncommon" for an Intel driver install exe to just run, even if its target hardware isn't present. Sounds goofy to me, but okay.

I don't know how useful this is, but here's the ipconfig /all listing, for the wireless on my computer:

Other than hardwareID, any other property to uniquely identify device drivers [​IMG]

I read the guy at the shop the list of network adapters in device manager, and he agreed that none other than the 1397 were wireless adapters.

So - unless a miracle can happen and someone can show me where this alleged 7260 is - I'm going to wait for the shop to help me, or, maybe, if it's not too hard - this is an all-in-one PC and opening up even a big box scares me - put a new card in myself.

asus2016, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Other than hardwareID, any other property to uniquely identify device drivers

How to identify which model of Realtek HD Audio I have...

Belarc Advisor will usually tell you more than you need to know. You might also go to Start > Run and enter dxdiag and check out the Sound tab. Finally, you could step through the properties of the device as listed in your Device Manager - right click on My Computer > Properties > Sound, video and game controllers > right click on [your device] > Properties > Driver.

Having said that, it typically is not a good idea to upgrade HW drivers unless your current driver is corrupt, or if the new driver specifically addresses a problem you are having. If you have XP, it might be best to uninstall the current drivers, reboot and let XP reload what it has in its data base, or as suggested, go out to the motherboard maker's site and download the drivers from there.

Bill_Bright, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Other than hardwareID, any other property to uniquely identify device drivers

1. Other than hardwareID, any other property to uniquely identify device drivers - Similar Threads - hardwareID property uniquely

2. Is there any way to download the original drivers for my device other than third party websites

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there any way to download the original drivers for my device other than third party websites: I upgraded my audio drivers with an app not mentioning the app, and it make my audio go nuts. My audio process just went up in cpu every so often for no reason, and if im playing a high cpu game, it will lagged, and my keyboard would become unresponsive because of it, and the...
  3. Device Drivers - Other Devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device Drivers - Other Devices: Hi,I have tried to connect a second monitor which is my Android Smart TV but it's not finding it.I reviewed my Device Drivers and found the items in Other Devices see below pics.I have tried uninstalling, updating drivers all no good.I have tried unpairing and paring, no...
  4. Device Drivers - Other Devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device Drivers - Other Devices: Hi,I have tried to connect a second monitor which is my Android Smart TV but it's not finding it.I reviewed my Device Drivers and found the items in Other Devices see below pics.I have tried uninstalling, updating drivers all no good.I have tried unpairing and paring, no...
  5. Is there any other software than utorrent?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is there any other software than utorrent?: uTorrent is not a safe software for downloading movies. I searched for similar apps in Microsoft store but they aren't operable. They are too unstable to operate. Is there any other apps than utorrent to download movies and games?...
  6. Other Devices - Drivers for this device are not installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Other Devices - Drivers for this device are not installed: When I access Device Manager>Other devices there is a coprocessor listed with a yellow triangle . When I open the the properties for this coprocessor, the following message is present "The drivers for this device are not installed. Code 28. There are no compatible drivers...
  7. Internet is slower on my pc than any other device in the house.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet is slower on my pc than any other device in the house.: Before we got a new router, my pc got around 20-25 mbps depending on usage, but with the new one, its only getting 4-6 mbps. All the other devices are on Wi-Fi and get around 20-30 mbps now. Im using ethernet. Cant be a virus because i reset my pc a bit after this started....
  8. No Other Devices Identified in Network?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Other Devices Identified in Network?: Hi All, Any thoughts as to why my neighbors TV is showing on my PC devices as a "Display". I understand the Microsoft Wifi-Direct Principles and how to turn off, but I am on a LAN not Wireless and the virtual adapter is not present! If I can see their media devices, I am...
  9. Other Devices Identified in Network?

in Windows 10 Support
    Other Devices Identified in Network?: Hi All, Any thoughts as to why my neighbors TV is showing on my PC devices as a "Display". I understand the Microsoft Wifi-Direct Principles and how to turn off, but I am on a LAN not Wireless and the virtual adapter is not present! If I can see their media devices, I am...
  10. Defender Better than any other

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender Better than any other: Do not recall where yet I read an article stating Defender should be THE one and only choice of anti-anything protection for Win10. Personally, I have McAfee Life Safe. I'm a ordinary occasional user but want what's best for my PC. I think the article stated the pumped up...