Windows 10: ''Other User'' account can't go back to administrator Problem

Discus and support ''Other User'' account can't go back to administrator Problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, i would like to ask some help regarding my bf laptop. Earlier today, as I open his laptop I click this button says '' Other User'' because I didnt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hearme, Feb 25, 2019.

1. hearme Win User

''Other User'' account can't go back to administrator Problem

Hi, i would like to ask some help regarding my bf laptop. Earlier today, as I open his laptop I click this button says '' Other User'' because I didnt know his username and pw. Sadly, as I want to turn back to his regular sign in options. The "other user'' didn't go back to administrator. Help me out. Thank you

:)

hearme, Feb 25, 2019
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Feb 25, 2019
  3. How do i get my user account to administrator account

Hi,

To make the account an administrator account, we recommend the steps below:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Select Account, then click Family & other people (or
      Other people, if you're using Windows 10 Enterprise).
    • Then, select Change account type.
    • Under Account type, select Administrator, then hit
      OK.
    Restart your machine and sign in with the new administrator account.

If the the issue still persists, we suggest to create a local user then do
    the steps above again.

We look forward to your response.

Marvelos Reg, Feb 25, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

No permission on Administrator user account

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

You can Enable the built in Administrator account in Windows 10, then create an Administrator account.

I suggest you to refer the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows+ X, select
      Command Prompt
      , and then click Run as Administrator.

• When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.

• At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active: yes, and then press Enter.

• Type net user administrator
      <Password>
      , and then press Enter.

Note In this command, <Password> represents the actual password that you want to set for the administrator account.

• Type exit, and then press Enter.

• Log off the current user account. And login and check the are you able to open the files

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

1. ''Other User'' account can't go back to administrator Problem - Similar Threads - ''Other User'' account

2. Can't see other user accounts on lockscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't see other user accounts on lockscreen: Hi, I made an account with my name when i installed Windows 11. Now, i want to add another profile for my brother. I am able to make a user account but I cannot see that user on the lockscreen. I really like the UI/UX of Windows 11 and I don;t wanna switch back to windows 10....
  3. Can't go back to administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't go back to administrator: Actually, I accidentally changed my account type from administrator to device owner and now I don't know how to make it right. There is no other administrator so I can't go back to admin....
  4. Can't go back to administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't go back to administrator: Actually, I accidentally changed my account type from administrator to device owner and now I don't know how to make it right. There is no other administrator so I can't go back to admin....
  5. CAN'T ADD OTHER USER/CAN'T RENAME ADMINISTRATOR/CAN'T SYNC EMAIL

in Windows 10 Customization
    CAN'T ADD OTHER USER/CAN'T RENAME ADMINISTRATOR/CAN'T SYNC EMAIL: I'm sorry I have multiple problems.. But does anyone knows why can't I add other user and can't rename administrator? I already did the "Windows key+R" method which I red on forums, but it doesn't work for me, and why can't I sync mail? It's syncing but it always says...
  6. Unable to switch back to user account from administrator account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to switch back to user account from administrator account: I switched to Administrator account to change the folder name in c drive. But i am unable to switch back to my user account. I am getting an error message saying unable to log into user account. I searched the web and tried some of the solutions like switching to safe mode...
  7. Other account with no administrator account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Other account with no administrator account: Hello. Is there possibility how to fix the problem with other user on lock screen and no administrator account in computer? I lost administrator account when my university changed e-mails and they block one which has administrator privillege. Then I find out how to sign in...
  8. No administrator account and other problems after updates

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No administrator account and other problems after updates: after update have I no administrator user account on computer just local and I can't add or change the user account because I get UAC box with message "access denied". The box contains NO as only response, with small message saying "to continue enter admin user name &...
  9. ''Other User'' account can't go back to administrator Problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    ''Other User'' account can't go back to administrator Problem: Hi, i would like to ask some help regarding my bf laptop. Earlier today, as I open his laptop I click this button says '' Other User'' because I didnt know his username and pw. Sadly, as I want to turn back to his regular sign in options. The "other user'' didn't go back to...
  10. User account broken - I can't go back to Windows 7

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User account broken - I can't go back to Windows 7: Hi, I've just tried the new windows 10 upgrade, and I've had a bad experience. I tried copying some files onto a stick drive and I couldn't, as I didn't have administrator privileges. So I set up a new Administrator account, and still couldn't copy the same files. I...