Windows 10: "Other User" after PC Reset

Discus and support "Other User" after PC Reset in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Soo Recently I had to reset my PC, (Asus VivoBook Pro) because of "Inaccesible-Boot-Device" error. After that, there was a screen showing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Axel Mejia Nava, Jun 19, 2019.

1. "Other User" after PC Reset

Soo

Recently I had to reset my PC, (Asus VivoBook Pro) because of "Inaccesible-Boot-Device" error.

After that, there was a screen showing the percentage of Windows re-installation. When it was at about 80 % the PC restarted itself and showed the locked screen (Generic Wallpaper and clock).

Later, in the sign-in screen, there's an empty profile picture and the name " Other user" under it.

Under that there is are blank spaces asking for a username and password.

Under them there is a button saying "sign-in options" that allows to choose between "local or domain account password" and "Microsoft Account Password".

The problem is I am not able to get past this screen, neither my last username and password (from before the reset) nor my Microsoft account allow me to sign in; it always says "The username or password is incorrect", and if left blank it says "Please enter a user name and password"

:)

Axel Mejia Nava, Jun 19, 2019
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jun 26, 2019
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jun 26, 2019
  4. "Other User" after PC Reset

Other Users-PW Reset

Hello,

I request you to try the steps below:

• Press "Windows" + "R" on the keyboard.
    • Type "netplwiz" and press Enter key.
    • Select the user account and click on "Reset password"
    • Enter the new password.

You may also see the data of all the user accounts by following the steps below:

• Press "Windows" + "R" on the keyboard.
    • Type ".." and press Enter key.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Jenith_James, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

"Other User" after PC Reset

1. "Other User" after PC Reset - Similar Threads - User Reset

2. how do i delete or reset a windows user account from a local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i delete or reset a windows user account from a local account: When i turn my computer off and back it shows 3 different windows user accounts, one of which shows the actual email i used to create the account, the other just displays my first and last name, and the third being the only one i can get into is the local account. when i...
  3. how do i delete or reset a windows user account from a local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i delete or reset a windows user account from a local account: When i turn my computer off and back it shows 3 different windows user accounts, one of which shows the actual email i used to create the account, the other just displays my first and last name, and the third being the only one i can get into is the local account. when i...
  4. Restoring a user account after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring a user account after factory reset: I have a computer with me as the main user, and my son as a secondary user. He recently did a factory reset on the computer. I've restored my account to the computer, but when I try to add his account as a secondary user, windows tells me his account is already on the...
  5. Restoring a user account after factory reset

Restoring a user account after factory reset: I have a computer with me as the main user, and my son as a secondary user. He recently did a factory reset on the computer. I've restored my account to the computer, but when I try to add his account as a secondary user, windows tells me his account is already on the...
  6. Forced to sign into user profile after reset which deleted user profile. Is there anything...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Forced to sign into user profile after reset which deleted user profile. Is there anything...: As I said in the question I reset my pc from the settings deleting all files and once it was finished resetting, the pc asked me to sign into my user profile with no other options. Every-time I sign into my profile the pc says user profile service failed sign in as it cannot...
  7. Forced to sign into user profile after reset which deleted user profile. Is there anything...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forced to sign into user profile after reset which deleted user profile. Is there anything...: As I said in the question I reset my pc from the settings deleting all files and once it was finished resetting, the pc asked me to sign into my user profile with no other options. Every-time I sign into my profile the pc says user profile service failed sign in as it cannot...
  8. Forced to sign into user profile after reset which deleted user profile. Is there anything...

9. reset my bios then need to login my user account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reset my bios then need to login my user account.: hi, so my pc is running on windows 10 and now it crush, so i have to re-flash my bios to fix it. it was fixed BUT the account that login onto it was mine and unfortunately i forgot its password, then tried to enter several times all incorrect, then request a lot of reset...
  10. reset my bios then need to login my user account.

reset my bios then need to login my user account.: hi, so my pc is running on windows 10 and now it crush, so i have to re-flash my bios to fix it. it was fixed BUT the account that login onto it was mine and unfortunately i forgot its password, then tried to enter several times all incorrect, then request a lot of reset...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. other user windows 10 after reset