Windows 10: Other User after System Reset

Discus and support Other User after System Reset in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I recently bought a desktop from a friend who reset the computer in order to sell it. When I try to log on I am unable to get past the Other User which... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by WilliamCoats1, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Other User after System Reset

I recently bought a desktop from a friend who reset the computer in order to sell it. When I try to log on I am unable to get past the Other User which is the only listed account. As this is a fresh reset I should be able to make a new account, as I understand it. I have seen other people have this problem, but I have been unable to implement any of the solutions I have seen. I can get to the recovery options by holding shift and restarting, but after navigating the menu and selecting any option I am greeted with a black screen that does not resolve itself even after being left alone for hours, and simply returns to the login screen if I click the mouse or touch the keyboard. I have tried resetting again, opening the command prompt, and adjusting the startup options, but all of these attempts have ended in a black screen. I even created a recovery usb, but I can't seem to do anything with it after plugging it into the computer. Can anything be done from here?

:)

WilliamCoats1, Apr 22, 2019
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Apr 22, 2019
  3. Other Users-PW Reset

Hello,

I request you to try the steps below:

• Press "Windows" + "R" on the keyboard.
    • Type "netplwiz" and press Enter key.
    • Select the user account and click on "Reset password"
    • Enter the new password.

You may also see the data of all the user accounts by following the steps below:

• Press "Windows" + "R" on the keyboard.
    • Type ".." and press Enter key.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Jenith_James, Apr 22, 2019
  4. zbook Win User

Other User after System Reset

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Apr 22, 2019
Thema:

Other User after System Reset

1. Other User after System Reset - Similar Threads - User System Reset

2. "Other User" and Administrator not present after reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Other User" and Administrator not present after reset: Recently after about two weeks of inactivity, I used my laptop again, to prepare for online classes. Two weeks after the start of school, my screen starts freezing. It got to the point where one software update was unsuccessful. My first thought was that my wifi adapter was...
  3. Other User after reset...

Other User after reset...: So i had to do a windows 10 reset. I didnt need anything on the pc so i wiped it all. The whole reset took about 6 hours. But now when it goes to the log in screen it says other user and is asking for a username and password. It says there is no admin. I was reading about...
  4. Stuck at "Other User" login page after reset.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck at "Other User" login page after reset.: Today I reset my PC due to various reasons, mainly for constantly failures during when it updates, I probably could have found another way to fix this but I reset it out of stubbornness. Thinking I'd be able to login with a brand new account and all since I have done this...
  5. Reset/other user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset/other user: I wanted to reset my laptop to give it a new start. So I reset and removed all my files. After when it turned on again, it showed other user and now I don't know what to do plz help for gods sake. Plz don't say to do the hold shift and restart, and go to startup settings....
  6. "Other User" after PC Reset

"Other User" after PC Reset: Soo Recently I had to reset my PC, (Asus VivoBook Pro) because of "Inaccesible-Boot-Device" error. After that, there was a screen showing the percentage of Windows re-installation. When it was at about 80 % the PC restarted itself and showed the locked screen (Generic...
  7. Other user after reset

Other user after reset: Hello So i have fully reset my pc because there were some malwares.After i reset , i was greated to the log in screem with other user Im not so sure what to do. And yes i have tried to enter safe mode but they didden allow me to do that because i was an administrator. It...
  8. Factory reset, other user?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Factory reset, other user?: So I just bought my friends 2nd hand laptop. He factory reset it twice because the first time it went back to his profile. After the second time it seemed good so he sent it to me. When I got the laptop it had no set up options. Instead it just had a login screen for "other...
  9. After windows reset im stuck on the other user login

After windows reset im stuck on the other user login: Ok, so ive resetted windows 10 .everything went perfectly till it asked me to login to "OTHER USER" account. I did my research a little bit and went into safe mode added an admin acc and activated it on command prmpt. But after restarting my pc and tring to login to the admin...
  10. Stuck at other user login after reset

Stuck at other user login after reset: So yeah I have this problem now after I did the factory reset now im stucksat the other user login in the welcome screen and the worst of all is that do not have access to the troubleshooting and I do not have access to the admin either and I cant see it too, please help...