Windows 10: "Other User" and Administrator not present after reset

Discus and support "Other User" and Administrator not present after reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Recently after about two weeks of inactivity, I used my laptop again, to prepare for online classes. Two weeks after the start of school, my screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MartromuelRosaria, Oct 19, 2020.

1. "Other User" and Administrator not present after reset

Recently after about two weeks of inactivity, I used my laptop again, to prepare for online classes. Two weeks after the start of school, my screen starts freezing. It got to the point where one software update was unsuccessful. My first thought was that my wifi adapter was faulty sometimes, and the system freezes. I was too frustrated that I had no choice but to reset it. After reset, whilst I was setting it up in the setup screen, it froze. I waited for hours but it didn't respond. I decided to turn it off, but after turning it back on, the welcome screen asked for the password of "Other User" which should not be there since I am the only one using it. I tried to turn on administrator, but once if found it asks for a password. When I typed my password, it says it's incorrect. And now I'm stuck to the welcome screen.

I need help! I have classes!

:)

MartromuelRosaria, Oct 19, 2020

2. Unable to sign in after resetting PC, only Other User present

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you have reset the PC and there is no other user account apart from other user.

I would suggest you to boot the PC in to safe mode and check if you are able to login. Refer the section
    From the sign-in screen in the article
    Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If you are able to login to the PC in safe mode, try enabling the default administrator and then login to the PC. Follow the steps mentioned below to enable default administrator.

1. Open Start Menu and type
      CMD.
    2. Now right click on it and click on
      Run as administrator.
    3. Type the following command to enable hidden administrator:
      net user administrator /active:yes
    4. Restart the PC and then try logging in to the
      Administrator account.

If you are able to login to the Administrator account, create a new user account and try to login. Refer the article

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

If you have any further queries, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 19, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Administrator's Permission Needed. I AM THE ONLY USER!

Hi Quinton,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern that you are unable to play the game Civilization IV Gold Edition after upgrade to Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

Please do let us know the following information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• As you have already created new user account, have you tried to log-in with that account and access the game?
    • Is this issue confined only to the specific game?

I suggest you to try few of the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to check the number of user accounts created on your laptop and also to ascertain the administrator account.

• Press Windows + R key together on your desktop screen.
    • Type netplwiz and hit Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

I suggest you to enable built-in administrator account, try to log-in with that account and access the game to check if there is any issues with the current user account.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt.
    • Type the following command and hit Enter: net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    • Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.
    Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Hope it helps. Try the above troubleshooting steps, reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 19, 2020
  4. "Other User" and Administrator not present after reset

user account,administrator

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better?

• Where do you see all these accounts on your system?
    • Do these see these account as a login option at you login screen?
    • Are you able to access these accounts?
    • If you are able to access these account. Are you able to access data in these accounts?
    I would suggest you to follow the step, which would provide you the list of all the user accounts on your system.

• Press Windows key + X key.
    • Type control userpasswords2.
    • Press Enter.
    Now check if all these accounts are present on your system.

Please provide us the required information. We would be happy to assist your further on the issue.

Ashish Sondhi, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

"Other User" and Administrator not present after reset

1. "Other User" and Administrator not present after reset - Similar Threads - User Administrator present

2. Other User after reset...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Other User after reset...: So i had to do a windows 10 reset. I didnt need anything on the pc so i wiped it all. The whole reset took about 6 hours. But now when it goes to the log in screen it says other user and is asking for a username and password. It says there is no admin. I was reading about...
  3. Reset/other user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset/other user: I wanted to reset my laptop to give it a new start. So I reset and removed all my files. After when it turned on again, it showed other user and now I don't know what to do plz help for gods sake. Plz don't say to do the hold shift and restart, and go to startup settings....
  4. "Other User" after PC Reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Other User" after PC Reset: Soo Recently I had to reset my PC, (Asus VivoBook Pro) because of "Inaccesible-Boot-Device" error. After that, there was a screen showing the percentage of Windows re-installation. When it was at about 80 % the PC restarted itself and showed the locked screen (Generic...
  5. Other user after reset

Other user after reset: Hello So i have fully reset my pc because there were some malwares.After i reset , i was greated to the log in screem with other user Im not so sure what to do. And yes i have tried to enter safe mode but they didden allow me to do that because i was an administrator. It...
  6. Unable to sign in after resetting PC, only Other User present

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to sign in after resetting PC, only Other User present: I tried to reset my surface laptop 2 and it had an error and when I selected, ok, it went back to the login screen but the only username is, "Other user" I have not other username options. How do I log back into my laptop ***Original title: Other user***...
  7. Other User after System Reset

Other User after System Reset: I recently bought a desktop from a friend who reset the computer in order to sell it. When I try to log on I am unable to get past the Other User which is the only listed account. As this is a fresh reset I should be able to make a new account, as I understand it. I have seen...
  8. Factory reset, other user?

Factory reset, other user?: So I just bought my friends 2nd hand laptop. He factory reset it twice because the first time it went back to his profile. After the second time it seemed good so he sent it to me. When I got the laptop it had no set up options. Instead it just had a login screen for "other...
  9. Stuck at other user login after reset

Stuck at other user login after reset: So yeah I have this problem now after I did the factory reset now im stucksat the other user login in the welcome screen and the worst of all is that do not have access to the troubleshooting and I do not have access to the admin either and I cant see it too, please help...
  10. Administrator disabled and other users vanished after using netplwiz

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator disabled and other users vanished after using netplwiz: Dear all, this may or may not cause hilarity, but I've boxed myself into a corner: 1. Win10 on my laptop; got fed up of constantly having to enter password. 2. Googled non-password start and found netplwiz. Unchecked the 'ask for password' box, shut down and restarted -...