Windows 10: Other user as a start up page after changing the language of the system

Discus and support Other user as a start up page after changing the language of the system in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello everyone,So I recently took a laptop from a colleague who used windows in Russian. I decided to switch the language to English, but after the pc... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Learner_mg, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Other user as a start up page after changing the language of the system

Hello everyone,So I recently took a laptop from a colleague who used windows in Russian. I decided to switch the language to English, but after the pc restarted I could not log in to the device. I cannot find my user profile.I think this has to with the fact that by switching to English I 'erased' the original user name which was in Russian. I assume the user profile is still there, but how can I access the administrator account? All I get is the page 'other user', even after restarting the laptop several times. Thank you in advance,

:)

Learner_mg, Jun 22, 2021
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Change system language on a single language licence

Yes it is possible to change the language on Windows 10 Single Language

Click the link below for a step by step on how to do that. That page also lists all the links for the different language packs:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/31698742/ho...

DaveM121, Jun 22, 2021
  3. notnats Win User
    notnats, Jun 22, 2021
  4. 95Viper Win User

Other user as a start up page after changing the language of the system

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

Other user as a start up page after changing the language of the system

1. Other user as a start up page after changing the language of the system - Similar Threads - user start page

2. Changing system language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing system language: I bought a new computer from greece and set the system language and all other language and region settings to HEBREW - ISRAEL90% of the operating system is set to Hebrew but i still see now and than greek words apearing on several locations.How can i make the whole system to...
  3. Changing system language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing system language: I bought a new computer from greece and set the system language and all other language and region settings to HEBREW - ISRAEL90% of the operating system is set to Hebrew but i still see now and than greek words apearing on several locations.How can i make the whole system to...
  4. Change System Language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change System Language: Hi, hope this is the corrent section. I''ve changed my language from Italian to English (only the system, not the app) but the page settings is still in italian. I don't know if this is a bug or I do something wrong. I'll post some screenshot [img] [img] [img] As you can...
  5. changing system language

changing system language: about changing system language i can not find english format ,it just has chinese one so is there any data i should download or instal it to issue this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-system-language/fd99c65a-0528-40fa-b010-92d9910323da
  6. Stuck at "Other User" login page after reset.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck at "Other User" login page after reset.: Today I reset my PC due to various reasons, mainly for constantly failures during when it updates, I probably could have found another way to fix this but I reset it out of stubbornness. Thinking I'd be able to login with a brand new account and all since I have done this...
  7. Other User after System Reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Other User after System Reset: I recently bought a desktop from a friend who reset the computer in order to sell it. When I try to log on I am unable to get past the Other User which is the only listed account. As this is a fresh reset I should be able to make a new account, as I understand it. I have seen...
  8. change system language

change system language: I want to change the system language from german to English. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/change-system-language/67d88da7-3998-4043-ba57-2452c9a2ee59
  9. How to change the language in the start up?

How to change the language in the start up?: This may be a bit of a silly question, and for that I apologize, but I was wondering how you change the language in the start up? Like when the computer is shutting down/turning on, when you wake it up from sleep and enter a PIN, etc. When I was picking the language in the...
  10. Dialog Box still display in other language after changed system lang

in Windows 10 Support
    Dialog Box still display in other language after changed system lang: Hello, I have attempted to change the language of my windows 10 professional desktop to French. Seems not all of the operating system is in French. For instance when I go to control panel>system>system>advanced settings, the dialog box is still in English. Any help with...