Windows 10: Other user cannot login

Discus and support Other user cannot login in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I am going to attempt to keep this as short and as simple as possible. On Friday last week (5 days ago) i agreed for my laptop to shut... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Abbimidz, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Abbimidz Win User

Other user cannot login

Hi everyone,

I am going to attempt to keep this as short and as simple as possible.

On Friday last week (5 days ago) i agreed for my laptop to shut down and update. Leaving it on charge to do so. On Tuesday (yesterday) i made an attempt to turn my laptop on to log in and see it had an “unknown hard error” and a black screen.

After spending 24 hours in on and off contact with Lenovo (the brand of my laptop) they agreed the only solution was to perform a factory reset and loose all my files. (As a third year student at university i am not a happy bunny)

Now ive completed a factory reset its now come up with an Other User screen, requiring a log in. When speaking to Lenovo theyve now said this is a microsoft issue.

By looking at other feedback i have tried:

- My normal microsoft login

- Brining up a support keyboard and trying my login

- Pressing win+R (didnt bring up a menu to follow the next steps)

- Pressing win+I (again didnt do anything)

it is also no longer connected to my wifi and i cant do this either. It is under warranty but im just asking if anyone has any furter suggestions before i demand a new one.

many thanks

one stressed uni student.

:)

Abbimidz, Apr 3, 2019
  2. marknyy Win User

Windows users at login

I cannot see all of my user accounts on the login screen on a new Windows 10 laptop. I have an account for my son and it does not appear as a user on the login screen. It is listed if I display the users with the CMD prompt. The only account I see is my
    account which is an admin. His account is a user. All the suggestions I've seen are not available on home edition.

marknyy, Apr 3, 2019
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Apr 3, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Other user cannot login

Cannot Login with New User Account in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

• What exactly happens when you try to login with new user account?

• Are you getting any error message?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to Enable
    the built in Administrator account in Windows 10, and then try to create new user account and check if it helps.

I suggest you to refer the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows+ X, select
      Command Prompt
      , and then click Run as Administrator.

• When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.

• At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active: yes, and then press Enter.

• Type net user administrator
      <Password>
      , and then press Enter.

Note In this command, <Password> represents the actual password that you want to set for the administrator account.

• Type exit, and then press Enter.

• Log off the current user account. And login and check whether your able to login to windows or not.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Arun B J, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

Other user cannot login

1. Other user cannot login - Similar Threads - user cannot login

2. "Other user" at login screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Other user" at login screen?: My HP laptop suddenly restarted, then presented itself with the login screen, it made me input the username and password for some user named "other user", it did not me go into my original account which didn't even have a password in the first place. I've seen that a few...
  3. "Other user" at login screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Other user" at login screen?: My HP laptop suddenly restarted, then presented itself with the login screen, it made me input the username and password for some user named "other user", it did not me go into my original account which didn't even have a password in the first place. I've seen that a few...
  4. Cannot login to other users accounts on Windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot login to other users accounts on Windows 11 Home: I have been able to login to the 2 other accounts on this now 1+yr old PC until very recently--suddenly there is no option to do switch accounts and it remains in the account of the last logged in user. I have tried adding the fast user switching DWORD manually into the...
  5. Cannot login to other users accounts on Windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot login to other users accounts on Windows 11 Home: I have been able to login to the 2 other accounts on this now 1+yr old PC until very recently--suddenly there is no option to do switch accounts and it remains in the account of the last logged in user. I have tried adding the fast user switching DWORD manually into the...
  6. Slow other user login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slow other user login: Heed help solving this issue with a very slow other users login.My login to the desktop takes about 3-5 seconds and another 15 seconds for some programs to load, which is great however, when I switch to another user or log off and switch to another user, the login takes 30...
  7. Other user can't login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Other user can't login: I restarted my HP a while ago because it was really laggy. When I tried to login, It said other user and it was incorrect. I tried to make it on safe mode but that didn't work either. Please help...
  8. other user login issue

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    other user login issue: After resetting my surface laptop,its giving other user login error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/other-user-login-issue/bf6b832b-87b5-4b5b-adf8-6eb557760c60
  9. Other User Login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Other User Login: 1. Is there a way to by pass the other users login? I reset my windows tablet and it defaulted to the Other user login and I can't for the life of me get pass this screen successfully. If I did make it pass, the desktop was blank and nothing worked. 2. Also, if I want to...
  10. Cannot see/login into other users at Login or Switch Users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot see/login into other users at Login or Switch Users: Hi all, My computer has three users on it (John, Lawrence, and Elizabeth). The problem right now is that John is the only one that can login to the computer. For Lawrence and Elizabeth, their users don't appear at the login screen (not even in the bottom left hand...