Windows 10: "Other User" disappears when user locks the computer.

Discus and support "Other User" disappears when user locks the computer. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I have computers that are apart of a domain. Some of the computers on the domain are not displaying "Other User" when the auto lock enables or... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jay Pay, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Jay Pay Win User

"Other User" disappears when user locks the computer.

Hello,

I have computers that are apart of a domain. Some of the computers on the domain are not displaying "Other User" when the auto lock enables or if the user locks the computer with WIN+L. Would someone be able to tell me what group policy it is that controls whether "Other User" is displayed or not?

As it sits right now. Users are having to completely restart the computer if someone forgets to sign-out....

Thanks

"Other User" disappears when user locks the computer. [​IMG]"Other User" disappears when user locks the computer. [​IMG]

:)

Jay Pay, Oct 30, 2019
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Oct 30, 2019
  3. Isha Soni Win User
    User accounts disappeared on the lock screen

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

I would suggest you to start the computer with hidden admin.

Safe mode is a diagnostic mode for Windows that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started. This helps us in identifying whether the issue is due to some third party
    programs conflict. The word Safe mode appear in the concern of your monitor to identify which windows mode you are using.

Step 1: Safe mode

• Type settings in search and click on Settings.
    • Click Update and recovery, and then tap or
      click Recovery.
    • Under Advanced startup, tap or click Restart now.
    • Once your PC restarts, on the Choose an option screen, tap or click
      Troubleshoot.
    • If you don't see the Startup Settings option, tap or click advanced options.
    • Tap or click Startup Settings.
    • Tap or click Restart.
    • On the Startup Settings screen, choose the Safe Mode.
    • Sign in to your PC with a user account that has administrator rights.

Step 2: Active hidden admin account

• Press Windows + R key on the keyboard.
    • Type cmd in the run bar.
    • In Command Prompt type this command: net user administrator /active:yes
    • Press Enter and Restart the computer.
    Try to create new user account now.

If you are able to do so deactivate the hidden admin account.

For that follow the step :

• Press Windows + R key on the keyboard.
    • Type cmd in the run bar.
    • In Command Prompt type this command: net user administrator /active:no
    • Press Enter and Restart the computer.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help you further.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Oct 30, 2019
  4. "Other User" disappears when user locks the computer.

Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    "Other User" disappears when user locks the computer. 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

"Other User" disappears when user locks the computer.

1. "Other User" disappears when user locks the computer. - Similar Threads - User disappears user

2. User account is disabled when locking the computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User account is disabled when locking the computer: I have a lab with 10 VMs and 1 domain server. One of the virtual machines has its user account disabled every time I lock the computer or close the remote connection. All VMs have the same domain policy. Do you have any idea what might be happening?...
  3. User account is disabled when locking the computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User account is disabled when locking the computer: I have a lab with 10 VMs and 1 domain server. One of the virtual machines has its user account disabled every time I lock the computer or close the remote connection. All VMs have the same domain policy. Do you have any idea what might be happening?...
  4. User account is disabled when locking the computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Lock screen not showing other user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen not showing other user: Hi, I once tried to normally open my laptop and sign in my account lets call it Alpha, but when I entered my PIN instead of signing me in it showed some white system error message, so I just clicked Ok and logged in again and all worked fine, but when I booted up my laptop...
  6. Lock screen not showing other user

Lock screen not showing other user: Hi, I once tried to normally open my laptop and sign in my account lets call it Alpha, but when I entered my PIN instead of signing me in it showed some white system error message, so I just clicked Ok and logged in again and all worked fine, but when I booted up my laptop...
  7. Not showing other users in lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not showing other users in lock screen: Hiii I was created an user called x in computer management under user. And I give password for that and selected password never change option. And then I switched user to x and try to login it showing an error message " the user profile service service failed the sign-in"....
  8. Not showing other users in lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not showing other users in lock screen: Hiii I was created an user called x in computer management under user. And I give password for that and selected password never change option. And then I switched user to x and try to login it showing an error message " the user profile service service failed the sign-in"....
  9. other users logged in, when there are no other users

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    other users logged in, when there are no other users: Computer is being very slow. So i was removing an unused program via the control panel and it told me that there were other users logged in. This is a personal device and there are no other users. I checked the C:/Users folder and there are several there: Allison...
  10. Locked on Other User

Locked on Other User: Help! My son recently gave me his old computer he had upgraded and he performed the factory reset. Now the sign on/welcome screen is stuck on "Other User" and when I enter my credentials it says everything is invalid. I also noticed that it will not acknowledge the wifi...