Windows 10: Other User login after updating to Windows 10

Discus and support Other User login after updating to Windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So I was just upgrading to Windows 10, because stupid itunes requires it. Anyway after having finished the numerous restarts and completing its... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by EarlOHara, Feb 14, 2021.

1. EarlOHara Win User

Other User login after updating to Windows 10

So I was just upgrading to Windows 10, because stupid itunes requires it. Anyway after having finished the numerous restarts and completing its installation it now is asking me for a log-in and password for "Other User".
    To save some time on things that don't work that have been posted as potential fixes I have already done the following:
    Tried restarting in Safe Mode, still asks for login and password.

SafeMode with Networking gets me nothing either as I cant login to do anything, it still asks for other user login.

Tried the Restart with command prompt, this gets me nowhere as I do not know what the admin is since this is a 2nd hand computer.

*NOTE: prior to installing Windows 10 i never needed to login, computer just started up to windows.

Also have tried CTRL/ALT/DEL as was recommended at login screen to try to login as a different user, nothing happens when keys pressed, and again i don't know any logins anyway.

Lastly, cant download anything as some other fixes have suggested, dont know how you can do this anyway since you can't login to begin with.

Tried to uninstall update, won't let me.

Can't do a system restore either nor a System Image Recovery.

Also have tried to Reset this PC, with the keep files option. I have a bunch of pics and music that i imported from a phone i recently discarded and is not backed up anywhere else.. But after that lengthy process right back to the "Other User" login again.

There are tons of other things I have tried from research online and nothing works.

So i would love a solution that does not involve any of the above things that do not work.

:)

EarlOHara, Feb 14, 2021
  2. P4-630 Win User

Comodo Software users Windows 10 *Important*

Other User login after updating to Windows 10 capture-jpg.jpg

"Hi All,
    We stronly advise Comodo users not to update to latest MS update KB4022716, which is available for Windows 10 users till they have new fixed version of Comodo internet security products installed.

Affected Products:
    - Comodo Internet Security / Comodo Antivirus / Comodo Firewall (Affected versions: v6246 and below)
    - Comodo Cloud Antivirus (Affected versions: v533 and below)
    - Internet Security Essentials (Affected versions: v81 and below)
    - Comodo Secure Shopping (Affected versions: v97 and below)

Possible Problems:
    In case you have updated to MS update KB4022716 prior to updating to latest fixed version of Comodo products, following issues may appear:

- Crashing browsers
    - May not be able to login to Windows

Resolution:
    If you are able to login, you can uninstall Comodo and re-install latest fixed Comodo version. Else you need to go to Windows Safe Mode and uninstall Comodo product or re-store system to state before Comodo product was installed.

In case you want to keep Comodo and pause Windows updates for some time, you may use following steps:
    Step - 1: Click on Start icon on Windows
    Step - 2: Next click on Settings menu item, it will open "Windows Settings" window
    Step - 3: Select "Update & Security" section from there and it will show "Windows Update" section
    Step - 4: Click on "Advanced Options" next, there is "Pause Updates" section allowing you to pause Windows updates for next several days

You can find same steps with images here .

Reason:
    There are unexpected changes in last MS update KB4022716, which are incompatible with Comodo products.
    "

https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...ate-kb4022716os-build-15063447-t119928.0.html

P4-630, Feb 14, 2021
  3. marknyy Win User
    Windows users at login

I cannot see all of my user accounts on the login screen on a new Windows 10 laptop. I have an account for my son and it does not appear as a user on the login screen. It is listed if I display the users with the CMD prompt. The only account I see is my
    account which is an admin. His account is a user. All the suggestions I've seen are not available on home edition.

marknyy, Feb 14, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Cannot Login with New User Account in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

• What exactly happens when you try to login with new user account?

• Are you getting any error message?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to Enable
    the built in Administrator account in Windows 10, and then try to create new user account and check if it helps.

I suggest you to refer the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows+ X, select
      Command Prompt
      , and then click Run as Administrator.

• When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.

• At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active: yes, and then press Enter.

• Type net user administrator
      <Password>
      , and then press Enter.

Note In this command, <Password> represents the actual password that you want to set for the administrator account.

• Type exit, and then press Enter.

• Log off the current user account. And login and check whether your able to login to windows or not.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Arun B J, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Other User login after updating to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - User login updating

2. 2 "other user" at windows 10 Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    2 "other user" at windows 10 Login: Hi, We are on windows 10 22H2 I have two "other user" at bottom left login screen. We need to click on the second "other user" to log in. I would like to remove the first one that we dont really need. I already tried configuration - windows settings - security settings -...
  3. 2 "other user" at windows 10 Login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 "other user" at windows 10 Login: Hi, We are on windows 10 22H2 I have two "other user" at bottom left login screen. We need to click on the second "other user" to log in. I would like to remove the first one that we dont really need. I already tried configuration - windows settings - security settings -...
  4. 2 "other user" at windows 10 Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 not able to login after reset. It is displaying Other User

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 not able to login after reset. It is displaying Other User: Hi I recently reset my Windows 10 in Asus Vivobook S406U. After reset it is giving me a login screen as "Other user". In that, if I type my previous user id it is not working. I ran it in safe mode (pressing Shift and restart). It opened in Administrator I pressed...
  6. Twice "Other user" login after updates

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Twice "Other user" login after updates: Hi there, I am having this particular issue which shows me (and for other collegues after last win10 updates) a double "other user" at login windows. Those PCs are bounded to domain, and everyone is encountering this issue. Build 17763.503 Ask if more info are needed....
  7. other user login issue

other user login issue: After resetting my surface laptop,its giving other user login error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/other-user-login-issue/bf6b832b-87b5-4b5b-adf8-6eb557760c60
  8. Windows 10: "Other User" login error

Windows 10: "Other User" login error: I have a corporate machine running Windows 10 that I am not able to login as 'Other User' on the startup screen. It keeps saying "The user name or password is incorrect.", even though I was able to login to the Microsoft site using the same credentials. I've tried using two...
  9. Other User Login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Other User Login: 1. Is there a way to by pass the other users login? I reset my windows tablet and it defaulted to the Other user login and I can't for the life of me get pass this screen successfully. If I did make it pass, the desktop was blank and nothing worked. 2. Also, if I want to...
  10. Stuck at other user login after reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck at other user login after reset: So yeah I have this problem now after I did the factory reset now im stucksat the other user login in the welcome screen and the worst of all is that do not have access to the troubleshooting and I do not have access to the admin either and I cant see it too, please help...