Windows 10: Other user logon issue

Discus and support Other user logon issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently received a re-imaged computer upgraded to Windows 10. Since then, when I use my docking station, and begin a logon with my user name and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Judi Jandura, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Other user logon issue

I recently received a re-imaged computer upgraded to Windows 10. Since then, when I use my docking station, and begin a logon with my user name and password, it stays on the "other user" profile for at least 5 minutes before getting to my personal profile, then takes another minute to complete. When I don't use the docking station, it gets right to my personal profile and I'm logged in within a minute. Then I proceed to put the computer on the docking station so I can have access to multiple monitors. My corporate IT department cannot determine the cause and I don't have administrator rights to adjust any settings. Anyone know how to fix ?

:)

Judi Jandura, Jan 30, 2019

2. user profile service failed the logon

Hi,

There could be a software conflict that is why you're getting the error message
    USER PROFILE SERVICE FAILED THE LOGON

To resolve this issue, we suggest following the steps given by Bill Smithers on this
    thread and see if the issue will persist.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Jan 30, 2019
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Family Member cannot logon to Windows 10

Hi Sultan,

There are different causes that may bring up this error on your computer. To guide you better in resolving the issue, please answer the following questions:

• Is the administrator account the one having the error?
    • Did this happen after installing updates?
    • What suggestions have you tried?

You may find other suggestions on this
    page
    to fix the problem with the user profile. Try following the steps given by
    Malkeleah.

Let us know if you need more help.

Regards.

Ruz San, Jan 30, 2019
  4. Kreij Win User

Other user logon issue

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

Other user logon issue

1. Other user logon issue - Similar Threads - user logon issue

2. How to customize “Other User” profile image on interactive logon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to customize “Other User” profile image on interactive logon: I ask that users enter a Username and Password. By doing so, we get the “Other User” text and profile picture. I changed the “other user” text, but cannot remember how to change the picture associated with it. I have done this once before, so I know it can be done, but I can...
  3. How to customize “Other User” profile image on interactive logon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to customize “Other User” profile image on interactive logon: I ask that users enter a Username and Password. By doing so, we get the “Other User” text and profile picture. I changed the “other user” text, but cannot remember how to change the picture associated with it. I have done this once before, so I know it can be done, but I can...
  4. How to customize “Other User” profile image on interactive logon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "Other user" button/option is not showing at logon screen.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "Other user" button/option is not showing at logon screen.: Hello,When I sign out or reboot, I am not seeing the "Other user" option or button at the bottom left. I have tried many things including what is in this article and it doesn't...
  6. Can't access other users at logon screen - Only an old user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't access other users at logon screen - Only an old user: Hi As the title suggests, I cannot see a way of logging-on to Windows. At present, an old user (no longer contactable) comes up by default, but I don't know his password. There is no option for other users - I've tried CTRL-ALT-DEL, Alt-F4, Win-L and other combinations...
  7. Other User on logon screen

Other User on logon screen: Hi, the laptop given to me by my school suddenly started saying other user on logon, I am not the administrator is there anyway to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/other-user-on-logon-screen/dbadf391-f7b2-44a2-aef4-dd4257875d3a
  8. Windows Startup, Logon, Logoff and other sound issues.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Startup, Logon, Logoff and other sound issues.: Greetings, everyone. Some questions here ! 1. Why does Windows 10 not get settings to CHANGE the START-UP AND SHUTDOWN sounds not about turning that sound on/off and also not about changing the logon and logoff sounds ? In the earlier days, it used to feel so good when...
  9. other user login issue

other user login issue: After resetting my surface laptop,its giving other user login error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/other-user-login-issue/bf6b832b-87b5-4b5b-adf8-6eb557760c60
  10. Logon to other accounts through "Other User"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Logon to other accounts through "Other User": I am now using Windows 10 (1607 version). I want to display certain users on logon screen and also allow login to other accounts through "Other User" (like in Windows 7). However, I can only either display all the accounts on logon screen or type both the username and...