Windows 10: "Other User" message BUT there's the right user

Discus and support "Other User" message BUT there's the right user in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When the logon screen appears, there's a message that has something to do with Other User, then the default screen is the other user login. The right... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by CST1229, Sep 19, 2020.

1. CST1229 Win User

"Other User" message BUT there's the right user

When the logon screen appears, there's a message that has something to do with Other User, then the default screen is the other user login.

The right account is still there, but it's annoying to have to click on it andthen type in my Microsoft account password which is another issue, I can't set a pin for my windows account.

Version: Windows 10 version 1909 build 18363.1082

:)

CST1229, Sep 19, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Sep 19, 2020
  3. Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    "Other User" message BUT there's the right user 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, Sep 19, 2020
  4. "Other User" message BUT there's the right user

The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hello,

When attempting to login to my computer, I get the following message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

User profile cannot be loaded."

I referred to this Help article,You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error
    message,

but the only difference is I only have one user profile on this computer. So, I can't login with another user to go through the steps listed in this post.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gerald Matthews, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

"Other User" message BUT there's the right user

1. "Other User" message BUT there's the right user - Similar Threads - User message there's

2. Other user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Other user: Other user https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/other-user/2e9bbb3e-0f2f-46ef-b483-e50feacb92d3
  3. Other user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Other user: Hi,I am having a problem with my PC and Laptop. Both were working perfectly, after shot down I turned on again and now it shows me Other User. It acquires a username and password which I do not have. I have tried everything that I found in the internet but won’t work.Please...
  4. Other user

Other user: Hi,I am having a problem with my PC and Laptop. Both were working perfectly, after shot down I turned on again and now it shows me Other User. It acquires a username and password which I do not have. I have tried everything that I found in the internet but won’t work.Please...
  5. 'Other User'

'Other User': Hello! I have tried to get it so you have to enter an Email and Password to log in to my PC. I have watched hundreds of videos and gone through hundreds of articles, cant find it. Can anyone here please help me.If you don't know what I mean here is a picture of what I would...
  6. Other Users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Other Users: So I'm tryin to add other users on PC. Instead of it saying family and other users, it just says other users. When I click to add someone else to this PC. lusrmgr - [Local users and Groups Local] pops up. It then says "This snapin may not be used with this edition of Windows...
  7. other users logged in, when there are no other users

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    other users logged in, when there are no other users: Computer is being very slow. So i was removing an unused program via the control panel and it told me that there were other users logged in. This is a personal device and there are no other users. I checked the C:/Users folder and there are several there: Allison...
  8. User Rights

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User Rights: Dear Team, Please advise on how to create a user group with install rights on a Windows 10 Enterprise. NB: Those users added to this group should not be administrator Regards, Sreekumar...
  9. Other users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Other users: Hi how I can solve this problem?[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/other-users/8d55537b-5c46-457d-917d-d35c941da0d8"
  10. Other User?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Other User?: My login screen came up with Other User. This is pc was upgraded from WIndows 8.1. What do I need to do to return to my original screen name? * Moved from Insider...