Windows 10: Other user only login option

Discus and support Other user only login option in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently reset my PC and when its done resetting it skips the whole entier setup page and shoots me straight to the home page with the only option to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TristonHanson, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Other user only login option

I recently reset my PC and when its done resetting it skips the whole entier setup page and shoots me straight to the home page with the only option to login as “other user.” No I cannot acess really anything while shift left clicking on restart besides completly wiping my computer again because I have NO admin acess. That includes the CMD and anything that has admin acess. Someone please help me I use my PC a lot at home and havent been able to for the past like four days because of this. And really try not to tell me to do another clean reset because I have four times. Ive looked through so many things on google and nothing is seeming to fix this at all.

:)

TristonHanson, Jul 19, 2018
  2. marknyy Win User

Windows users at login

I cannot see all of my user accounts on the login screen on a new Windows 10 laptop. I have an account for my son and it does not appear as a user on the login screen. It is listed if I display the users with the CMD prompt. The only account I see is my
    account which is an admin. His account is a user. All the suggestions I've seen are not available on home edition.

marknyy, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jul 19, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Other user only login option

Cannot Login with New User Account in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

• What exactly happens when you try to login with new user account?

• Are you getting any error message?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to Enable
    the built in Administrator account in Windows 10, and then try to create new user account and check if it helps.

I suggest you to refer the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows+ X, select
      Command Prompt
      , and then click Run as Administrator.

• When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.

• At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active: yes, and then press Enter.

• Type net user administrator
      <Password>
      , and then press Enter.

Note In this command, <Password> represents the actual password that you want to set for the administrator account.

• Type exit, and then press Enter.

• Log off the current user account. And login and check whether your able to login to windows or not.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Arun B J, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

Other user only login option

1. Other user only login option - Similar Threads - user login option

2. other users option in Login is missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    other users option in Login is missing.: HiI'm currently using Windows 11, but I've encountered an issue where the "other users" option in the Windows login screen is not visible. I attempted to address this by disabling the settings in the group policy at the following location: Computer Configuration\...
  3. other users option in Login is missing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    other users option in Login is missing.: HiI'm currently using Windows 11, but I've encountered an issue where the "other users" option in the Windows login screen is not visible. I attempted to address this by disabling the settings in the group policy at the following location: Computer Configuration\...
  4. Hide/Disable 'Other User' option from the login pagae

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hide/Disable 'Other User' option from the login pagae: Hello,Does anyone know a way to disable or hide 'Other user' option in win10 via GPO? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hidedisable-other-user-option-from-the-login-pagae/ad2e1d6b-ef8f-4cf6-b174-c8b28b6e08af
  5. Need to add the Other User option at login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Need to add the Other User option at login screen: I am using two LOCAL Windows 10 accounts on a STANDALONE laptop. One for Admin and one for Limited account. I know the image below are for a domain joined machine, but how can I achieve to show my Limited username account and one showing as Other User on the below left-hand...
  6. login defaults to other user only, no other users show

login defaults to other user only, no other users show: My W10 keeps defaulting to other user when there is none, and no way to get back to my login. Admin was set up by someone else, so don't have that. have always logged in w me as user. When I go to repair, i see my user name so i know it's out there somewhere....
  7. ‎"Other user" option is missing from Login Screen

‎"Other user" option is missing from Login Screen: So this morning I have installed a new Windows 10 on a Laptop. And after Windows 10 installation, I install my O365 software to this laptop and connect my work account with this Laptop then enable Ctrl+Alt+Del Login. Then after that I reboot the Laptop, an after I press...
  8. How to remove one of the "Other user" login options

How to remove one of the "Other user" login options: We have Win10 ENT 1809 joined to our domain; laptops with docks. There are 2 "Other user" login options at the login screen; one requests email address or phone number AND the other joins our domain. We just want to display one "Other user" which joins our domain. The "Other...
  9. Remove one of the "Other user" login options from login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove one of the "Other user" login options from login screen: We have Win10 ENT 1809 joined to our domain; laptops with docks. There are 2 "Other user" login options at the login screen; one requests email address or phone number AND the other joins our domain. We just want to display one "Other user" which joins our domain. The...
  10. Other User Login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Other User Login: 1. Is there a way to by pass the other users login? I reset my windows tablet and it defaulted to the Other user login and I can't for the life of me get pass this screen successfully. If I did make it pass, the desktop was blank and nothing worked. 2. Also, if I want to...