Windows 10: 'Other User' the only Log In showing up in Start up because of my meddling - I need help...

Discus and support 'Other User' the only Log In showing up in Start up because of my meddling - I need help... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I tried to unhide, what I believed earlier, was a hidden 'Guest' User on my Windows 10 PC. I searched the internet and found one tech website that... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by VesperLynd470, Apr 30, 2021.

1. 'Other User' the only Log In showing up in Start up because of my meddling - I need help...

I tried to unhide, what I believed earlier, was a hidden 'Guest' User on my Windows 10 PC. I searched the internet and found one tech website that seemed ok. So I followed their instructions only to realise at the end, that what they were actually telling me was what NOT to do! Yes, I am a prime foot, but a fool that needs to correct their mistake.I will explain the route I took following word-for-word the detail explained by this particular website - they did give vague ways of un-doing our errors at the end, as they realised there would be many of us fools about I suppose

:)

VesperLynd470, Apr 30, 2021

2. Windows 10 start up user account

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with log-in user account, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Kindly provide us with the following information to assist you better:

• How many user accounts are there on your computer?
    • Is your computer connect to Domain?
    • Were you able to see your another user account on start-up screen?

If you are able to see another user account on start-up screen, I suggest you to login through that account and enable the built-in admin account.

After enabling the built-in admin account you can login through that account and delete the default account.

Step 1: Steps to enable built-in admin account

Try to login to your temporary user account, enable built in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
      • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open Command Prompt.
      • Type the following command and hit Enter:

net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)

4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Step 2: Steps to delete the account:

• Login with the built-in administrator account.

• Press “Windows key + X" from the keyboard and click on
      Search icon.

• Type Control Panel in the search box, click on “User accounts” and on
      "Manage another account"

• Click the on the default account you want to delete and Delete.

Hope it helps. Kindly get back with the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 30, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 30, 2021
  4. 'Other User' the only Log In showing up in Start up because of my meddling - I need help...

Windows 10 User Log-In Issue

Hi,

I apologize for not addressing you in a timely manner. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would suggest you to delete all the user account apart from the one which you are able to log in with Admin rights. Install all pending Windows and driver updates.
    Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience. Follow the steps below to create new user account and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Key + R".
    • Type “netplwiz”.
    • Click on Add and follow the onscreen instructions.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Apr 30, 2021
Thema:

'Other User' the only Log In showing up in Start up because of my meddling - I need help...

1. 'Other User' the only Log In showing up in Start up because of my meddling - I need help... - Similar Threads - 'Other User' Log

2. Other user accounts not showing up on the side when logging into my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Other user accounts not showing up on the side when logging into my computer: I turn on my computer and there use to be 4 accounts that showed up. Now it doesn't show any and I can only access the main account. I was using my other account a couple days ago and now I cannot see them. Please help...
  3. Other user accounts not showing up on the side when logging into my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Other user accounts not showing up on the side when logging into my computer: I turn on my computer and there use to be 4 accounts that showed up. Now it doesn't show any and I can only access the main account. I was using my other account a couple days ago and now I cannot see them. Please help...
  4. Other user accounts not showing up on the side when logging into my computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Local User Account vanished from "Other Users" but still shows up on Log In

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local User Account vanished from "Other Users" but still shows up on Log In: I had a "Guest" account added to my PC that was not password protected, and recently it has become inaccessible. Under Other Users there is no longer a "Guest" account shown for me to remove it. How can I delete it?...
  6. I need help with starting up my coomputer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need help with starting up my coomputer: Ok so like one day i was trying to install a game and i needed space so i looked at the system files and they took up alot of space so i delted them like an idiot but the next day i woke up and turned on my computer it says your computer needs to be repaired log file...
  7. Need help with start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help with start up: After my last update, I sign in to my profile on my computer and it just stalls there and the dots symbol just spins. How can I get it to work. I'm running windows 10. * Moved from IE(other)/Windows(other)...
  8. I reset my windows 10, but when it finishied an ''Other User'' Showed up on the log-in...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I reset my windows 10, but when it finishied an ''Other User'' Showed up on the log-in...: So I reset my Windows 10 because my computer was acting up. When it finished resetting, it took me to the log-in screen. I expected it to ask me to create a new User, but instead there was an ''Other user'' already selected (before this screen i wasn't asked to click or...
  9. Help, I messed up my Users and can't log in!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Help, I messed up my Users and can't log in!: So I have a Dell Alienware M18Xr2 which I upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10. Everything was fine until yesterday. I'm building an app in Visual Studio, and was getting an access denied error trying to read a .XML file. It turned out I had the path...
  10. need help logging on to windows/ the other user

in Windows 10 Support
    need help logging on to windows/ the other user: hello i have been having some bad luck with my laptop after updating to windows 10, i have finshed updating it and now im on the log on screen and now every time i try to but my log in it does not work, does anyone know about if you do how do i fix. if you dont under stand i...