Windows 10: Other User

Discus and support Other User in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I cant seem to find a way to remove the other user from my computer. Ive been looking at videos and even contacting support but they all say the same... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by emoniniyetta, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Other User

I cant seem to find a way to remove the other user from my computer. Ive been looking at videos and even contacting support but they all say the same instructions.

:)

emoniniyetta, Jun 26, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Other User on startup screen?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

Before proceeding, we would like to know if that another account is Microsoft account?

I suggest you to follow the step provided below to switch user.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete key.

• Click on Switch User.

• And select your user account.

Follow the steps provided below to remove Microsoft account.

• Press Windows + I key.

• Click on Accounts.

• In your accounts, at the bottom click on the account you want to remove.

• Then click on Remove button.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 26, 2020
  4. deving Win User

Other User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

Other User

1. Other User - Similar Threads - User

2. RDP: If I save .rdp files with different users for the same target, it will log in with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP: If I save .rdp files with different users for the same target, it will log in with...: If I save .rdp files with different users for the same target, it will log in with the previous user's credentials.- Make an admin.rdp file with the administrator login and tell it to save the password.- Make another normal.rdp file with the normal login and tell it to save...
  3. RDP: If I save .rdp files with different users for the same target, it will log in with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDP: If I save .rdp files with different users for the same target, it will log in with...: If I save .rdp files with different users for the same target, it will log in with the previous user's credentials.- Make an admin.rdp file with the administrator login and tell it to save the password.- Make another normal.rdp file with the normal login and tell it to save...
  4. Second local user account is turning on on boot and using my computer's resources

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second local user account is turning on on boot and using my computer's resources: Good morning,I have two local accounts with administrator rights created on my computer.The first one - belongs to me - let's call it Account XThe second one of my brother's - let's call it Account YWhen I open account X and log into it, everything is fine and the task...
  5. Second local user account is turning on on boot and using my computer's resources

Second local user account is turning on on boot and using my computer's resources: Good morning,I have two local accounts with administrator rights created on my computer.The first one - belongs to me - let's call it Account XThe second one of my brother's - let's call it Account YWhen I open account X and log into it, everything is fine and the task...
  6. Need to access Admin User log-in, can't access after inadvertently logging in as Local User

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to access Admin User log-in, can't access after inadvertently logging in as Local User: I run Windows 11 Pro After inadvertently signing in on my laptop as Local User human graphic with name adjacent instead of the login with human on lanyard/name badge graphic adjacent to my name, used exclusively since setting my laptop up, my laptop is essentially brand new...
  7. Need to access Admin User log-in, can't access after inadvertently logging in as Local User

Need to access Admin User log-in, can't access after inadvertently logging in as Local User: I run Windows 11 Pro After inadvertently signing in on my laptop as Local User human graphic with name adjacent instead of the login with human on lanyard/name badge graphic adjacent to my name, used exclusively since setting my laptop up, my laptop is essentially brand new...
  8. windows requesting pin code to verify user that does not exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows requesting pin code to verify user that does not exist: I am currently trying to enable nearby sharing on my pc, and in order to enable it I need to enter a verification pin for a user that does not exist on my PC. It did previously, but I removed the account as it was not needed and I do not remember the initial pin or any...
  9. windows requesting pin code to verify user that does not exist

windows requesting pin code to verify user that does not exist: I am currently trying to enable nearby sharing on my pc, and in order to enable it I need to enter a verification pin for a user that does not exist on my PC. It did previously, but I removed the account as it was not needed and I do not remember the initial pin or any...
  10. "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in": Hi, The question sums it up. Randomly failed to open my account.Why? I restarted and everything worked troubleshooting solution ... But why did this happen? and so suddenly?Saved preferences, website cookies, passwords, etc.. were lost. Frustrating but if someone has ways to...