Windows 10: Other users are not shown on switch user

Discus and support Other users are not shown on switch user in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a Acer Aspire E 15 E5-576G-5762 laptop with Windows Home 10 64 bit ver 20H2OS Build 19042.985 "as a Standalone home use Machine". I have already... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by roshanamin, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Other users are not shown on switch user

I have a Acer Aspire E 15 E5-576G-5762 laptop with Windows Home 10 64 bit ver 20H2OS Build 19042.985 "as a Standalone home use Machine". I have already read and followed all instructions to resolve this issue which exists for innumerable users but till date it remain unresolved since years. Really need to get a solution for this without having have to resort to heavy measures like Windows reset, reinstall etc which if asked to be done would not be posting here as that is the mother of all solutions without any need of tech for many as to how to actually do that process. My problem is as follows :

Unable to switch user - Acer Aspire E 15 E5-576G-5762

I am at my wits end having tried all possible resolutions as listed in Microsoft forums. On my model listed above, I faintly recall something happened while starting up if I am not wrong and I had to create a hotmail login in the log on process don't remember well and after that I was unable to see my local profile. I tried everything but am still not able to see my earlier local user profile and am working using a new local profile but want to access my original local profile without having to reinstall windows or any other heavy duty overwrite measures. I have all sorts of screenshots readily available and can post as demanded instead of directly dumping and creating a mess in here. I am also open to granting Remote Troubleshooting access permission I know you all are users like me but it's really worn me out badly now since Aug 2020. As instructions are provided, I can start advising what all I have done already but do not mind repeating everything as being asked to do verbatim. Please help.

I have done SFC, restore health, deactivate, reactivate user, net localgroup /add users, secedit /configure /cfg %windir%\inf\defltbase.inf /db defltbase.sdb /verbose etc. I have not tried enabling or disabling fastuser switch in registry. Also want to avoid registry changes unless critically necessary to resolve this issue. PLEASE HELP!

:)

roshanamin, Jan 10, 2021

2. Cant switch users in Windows 10

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

Please share a few details:

• What exactly happens when you try to switch users?

• Do you receive any error message/code?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to Switch users.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Del key altogether.

• Click on Switch User.

• Select the user with which you want to login.

If computer starts up with a user other than the one you want, login to that user account and switch user to the account that you need and check.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Jan 10, 2021
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jan 10, 2021
  4. Other users are not shown on switch user

Switch user at startup

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand that you cannot see the switch user option after the upgrade I will make sure to help you with this issue.

First I suggest you to reboot the system and check if see the switch user option.

If you still don’t see the option then I would suggest you to perform the below step and check if you can see switch user option.

On the login screen press CTRL+ALT+DELETE and check if you can see the switch user option.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance related to Windows, we will be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Mohammed Yaseer, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

Other users are not shown on switch user

1. Other users are not shown on switch user - Similar Threads - users are shown

2. How to switch user if the other user didn't log off?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to switch user if the other user didn't log off?: Please help me how to switch user on HP Windows 10 desktop if the other user forgot to log off/exit out from log-in desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-switch-user-if-the-other-user-didnt-log-off/c70cc2c3-c6cf-4b2d-a301-8081d34b9fc8
  3. User switching

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User switching: I'm running W10 PRO on a desktop and I have the following problem: There are 2 users Both have admin rights and password User1 is logged in Taskmanager, tab users shows User1 Pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete and switch to User2 Taskmanager, tab users shows User1(disconnected) and...
  4. Switching User

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Switching User: When I CTRL+ALT+DEL to switch users, the screen goes blank; nothing happens. I must reboot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switching-user/05489d44-2c5e-4cbc-a03a-9f833829fabe
  5. Switching users

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Switching users: I can't change usersctrl + alt + del, winkey + Start menu not working, but I can add new local users. Only last logged user is shown on windows login and switch user screen. I tried https://youtu.be/5qobIM7rvJM didn't work. What could it be?...
  6. Cannot see/login into other users at Login or Switch Users

Cannot see/login into other users at Login or Switch Users: Hi all, My computer has three users on it (John, Lawrence, and Elizabeth). The problem right now is that John is the only one that can login to the computer. For Lawrence and Elizabeth, their users don't appear at the login screen (not even in the bottom left hand...
  7. logged in user not shown in c:\users\user

logged in user not shown in c:\users\user: I log onto my computer as "Joe", showing as a local account with administrator privileges, but there is no "joe" under c:\users\user. Instead, when I make changes, they show up in c:\users\users (Appdata and things like that). Could "Joe" somehow be an alias for "user"? When...
  8. User Accounts As Shown

User Accounts As Shown: Under users on drive C: have all of the following plus my user account: .Net v4.5 .Net v4.5 Classic Admini~1 All users Default Default Users Default.Migrated Default App Pool Public However when I go to users in control panel only shows my account. Also at times...
  9. User name not shown in C:\Users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User name not shown in C:\Users: Since updating from Win 7 to Window 10 - I have 'lost' the appropriate user name in C:\users. Therefore when trying to set 2 other computers to recognise this particular laptop is not possible. My account is Local, and the network is private. A visit to C:\users shows the...
  10. User desktop and switching users

in Windows 10 Support
    User desktop and switching users: After upgrading from Win 7 64 to Win 10 64, whenever a different user logs into the computer the desktop gets screwed up for the original user. Both accounts are admin accounts; one has a password, the does not. Has anyone else seen this and does anyone know how to fix it?...